Ranger Swim Ability Evaluation

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
S0LiD SN4KE
Tadpole

Ranger Swim Ability Evaluation

Post by S0LiD SN4KE »

Rangers this was brought up before, by x PT x Moose, but left unanswered and the thread was locked. My question is what happens in the RSAE? I'm just curious as to what is required to pass.
Baseplate
Ranger

Re: Ranger Swim Ability Evaluation

Post by Baseplate »

Do you know how to swim? If not you should start learning
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
S0LiD SN4KE
Tadpole

Post by S0LiD SN4KE »

Ranger baseplate yes I do but I'm not too good, but I am taking lessons at the Y to improvement and get better.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

What you need as a minimum is to drown-proof yourself.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
S0LiD SN4KE
Tadpole

Post by S0LiD SN4KE »

Thank you Ranger Jim and Ranger xray for your advice. Today I asked my instructor about it and he wasn't sure but the life guard knew and explained him. I didn't do any drown proofing but I did water trending, I can only water trend for a few seconds without the belt, but I'm gonna practice more.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

S0LiD SN4KE wrote:Thank you Ranger Jim and Ranger xray for your advice. Today I asked my instructor about it and he wasn't sure but the life guard knew and explained him. I didn't do any drown proofing but I did water trending, I can only water trend for a few seconds without the belt, but I'm gonna practice more.
If he is Red Cross certified. He knows what you need. Follow his instruction and never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Willy_P
Ranger

Post by Willy_P »

Just take a breath, go down and toss your shit off and get away. Its further to quit than to get to the end.. Lol.
RASP #08-11
RS #04,05-13
HHC, 3/75 MTR.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Willis wrote:Just take a breath, go down and toss your shit off and get away. Its further to quit than to get to the end.. Lol.
When are you going to complete your in-processing?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Dont panic. You do not need to keep your face out of the water except when you inhale 8) Seriously.

Just get comfortable with basic skills. Learn a breaststroke/doggy paddle and the side stroke. Nothing fancy, just enough to get there. It is not a race.
The whole idea is for when you fall off the boat, that you learn not to panic and can get back to the raft or to shore.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
S0LiD SN4KE
Tadpole

Post by S0LiD SN4KE »

Thank you Ranger K.ingraham I don't know all the basics but I'm practicing all week and Rangers are the events in the RSAE the same as the CWST? I'm a little confused because I found sources on the internet saying it's the same but other's say its where I drop down remove my body armor and swim 100 meters and that a weak swimmer can pass. Rangers if this can get cleared up I would highly appreciate it, I'm not too good of a swimmer and I refuse to fail because of it , I know practice makes better but I would still like to know what is required so I will practice harder for it.
Willy_P
Ranger

Post by Willy_P »

Jim wrote:
Willis wrote:Just take a breath, go down and toss your shit off and get away. Its further to quit than to get to the end.. Lol.

Sir, I finished in processing late last year. I've deployed and I'm nearing my second one. I've been in battalion for nearly a year now. I dont know why it still says that, but I think its safe to say that I'm done lol.
RASP #08-11
RS #04,05-13
HHC, 3/75 MTR.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Willis wrote:
Jim wrote:

Sir, I finished in processing late last year. I've deployed and I'm nearing my second one. I've been in battalion for nearly a year now. I dont know why it still says that, but I think its safe to say that I'm done lol.
Send a PM to Ranger Steadfast and ask him to update you, In the meantime, I'm proud of you!
Last edited by Jim on August 20th, 2012, 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Post by centermass »

S0LiD SN4KE wrote:Thank you Ranger Jim and Ranger xray for your advice. Today I asked my instructor about it and he wasn't sure but the life guard knew and explained him. I didn't do any drown proofing but I did water trending, I can only water trend for a few seconds without the belt, but I'm gonna practice more.
Just an FYI - It's "Tread" not "Trend"

You need to spend more time in the water. Tread water, dog paddle, crawl, swim. Once you master the basics, then you can start doing the same with a uniform added, boots added etc.

We've all done it. No reason you can't either with practice.
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.

Return to “About RASP”