RIP washouts

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
Carboned114
Tadpole

RIP washouts

Post by Carboned114 »

Is it true that about only 30% of all recruits with RIP in their contracts will make it to Batt. If so...Where do most of the recruits wash out, im sure some will not make it past BAC, and the rest will washout at RIP. But what is the main eliminator of washouts? :roll: :oops:
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Actually, that link is for Ranger School and has nothing to do with the Ranger Indoctrination Program at all.

The main item for attrition at RIP is those soldiers who show up and quit the first day cause they realize they are in over their heads - they were not mentally prepared.
Carboned114
Tadpole

Post by Carboned114 »

Thanks guy's 8) I should have been more specific on my question however. What im trying to figure out is, at RIP, about how many poeple get the boot as opposed to quiting. Im sure people get booted for medical reasons but what physical event gets the most ripees booted?
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Don't know and don't care. Worrying about getting injured or getting booted will not help you make it through RIP. The important thing if you are heading to RIP is to maintain your focus on the IMMEDIATE task at hand and ignore everything else.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Young-
If you're doing things right and staying focused , like Ranger Neves pointed out, you will be hanging out with the winners. Ideally, you shouldn't even realize that someone has quit/gotten the boot. I don't even remember the guys who didn't make it....not even vaguely. In fact, I couldn't even tell you how many got cut. It didn't affect me or the few guys I had grown to trust, so I really didn't care. All that negative shit shouldn't even be entering your mind. Quitting, getting hurt, or getting kicked out are not options...don't even go there.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Carboned114
Tadpole

Post by Carboned114 »

Great advice thanks. I just dont want to booted and get assigned to some leg ass armored unit.
RLK
Embryo

Post by RLK »

I got this from a friend now in Jump Week, en route to RIP.

Almost 50% of the dudes with RIP in their contracts quit when they met the Ranger Liaison.
Last edited by RLK on May 16th, 2003, 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Practicing preventive medicine through superior firepower.
snapper-916-
Embryo

Post by snapper-916- »

Ranger Liaison? this like a RI??
rbarger
Ranger

Post by rbarger »

The ranger liason he mentions is the person attached to airborne school to help people with ranger contracts and those wanting ranger contracts transition from airborne school to R.I.P. Weak minded people want to quit when airborne graduation occurs and everyone else is going on leave and you are getting picked up by the R.I.P. cadre. who commence smoking your ass.
B. Co. 3/75 88-92
RIP Det. 75th Regt. 92-93
C. Co. 3/75 93-95
Tony
Ranger

Post by Tony »

Too Young,

I will tell you that you will experience "Shock and Awe". When you are picked up from Airborne school you had better be wired tight. I was the one of those Rangers who picked up students at Airborne School. My best advice to you is to not worry about anything else, but P.T. and more P.T., Know the Ranger Creed verbatim, and Ranger history is a good start. You will be scared as hell, but that will the beginning of your test to prove you have what it takes. Have a standard Ranger haircut, and shave. Make sure your boots and uniform are standing tall. Have all of your paperwork readily available and be able to stow it in short order. Have pen, paper, I.D. card and dog tags readily available for inspection. It also helps if you can run like the wind. Be prepared for a good smoking so drink lots of water.

When you get to RIP you will be inprocessed and briefed on the standards and conduct of the Ranger Regiment. If you violate them c-ya. Your mind and your judgement will be your best weapon in overcoming these obstacles. Follow every order, complete every task with vigor and enthusiasim. Too easy, Its mind over matter, if you dont mind it dont matter. Your motivation will be key.

The biggest thing I saw while working at RIP was failure to follow instructions. PAY ATTENTION TO DETAIL!! Many were dropped for being just plain stupid and not following the rules you will be briefed on. I have a book of incidents I documented that I refer to now and again for a laugh. Dont be one of those Soldiers. Hope this helps and good luck!!

Bottom line is dont fuckin quit!!
RLTW
Aco. 3/75 91-95
Cco. 3/75 95-97
HHC/RTD 75th 97-00
Ranger Class 12-93
Carboned114
Tadpole

Tony...

Post by Carboned114 »

I really appreciate your responce Tony. Thank you :D

BTW- Welcome aboard.
Carboned114
Tadpole

Post by Carboned114 »

Tony wrote:Bottom line is dont fuckin quit!!
NEVER
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Maybe I had an easy RIP class , but I was having so much fun being trained by Airborne Rangers that I never considered it hard. Where a lot of the Basic/AIT and jump school seemed too watered down,RIP was to the point and the instructors were the best.When I got to battalion and I was getting smoked by Sp4s was when my hell started.
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:

Return to “About RASP”