RIP: Here I come, motherfucker

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
Gnosis
Embryo

RIP: Here I come, motherfucker

Post by Gnosis »

Well, I graduated from Airborne School today... one step closer.

I have a couple of questions that I have a feeling will get me chewed out, but I'm willing to take the risk. I have spent the last two hours searching for the answers to my questions, and I've squared most of them away on my own, but I can't find much on a couple. All that said:

1. I am a fairly strong swimmer... how much more difficult is it to swim in my boots? I had thought about just going for a swim in them to see how it went, but I really don't get enough time off for them to dry after an endeavor like that.

2. I keep hearing about a seven mile run at RIP, but all of the workout routines that I find online don't say anything about it. Does anyone know what the pace is on this run? 8min miles?

2a. What is the fallout standard? At ABN, two consecutive fallouts was a recycle or boot. I don't plan on falling out or failing at anything while I'm there, but as I prepare for RIP, I'm trying to get my mind right and know exactly what the standard is ahead of time.

3. Can I pick my ranger buddy, or will he be assigned to me?

I had others, but they slip my mind now... I should really write this shit down as it comes to me.

Also, for those of you who care about my progression, my PT is as follows:

2min PU - 58
2min SU - 75
2m Run - 13:58

Nothing great... I didn't have as much time as I had hoped to PT on my own during ABN. I hear I have between two and ten weeks of RIP holdover, so I imagine my PT will be where it needs to be by the time I finally get to start RIP.

One last thing... could I get my title changed? I believe its still DEP/ABN/OPT40. I'm no longer DEP... I don't know what the correct title for someone still in the pipeline is. Hell, you can make my title "Giant Stinking Vagina" for all I care. I just don't like that its still DEP.

I would have not gotten as far as I have without this site. You do us all a great service. Thank you.
"Sergeant, I plan to take the skills I learned here and use them to make Cobra Commander pay for his iniquities. AIRBORNE!"
---
Ranger Earthpig's Mentee
RTO
BANNED

Re: RIP: Here I come, motherfucker

Post by RTO »

Gnosis wrote: One last thing... could I get my title changed? I believe its still DEP/ABN/OPT40. I'm no longer DEP... I don't know what the correct title for someone still in the pipeline is. Hell, you can make my title " Giant Stinking Vagina " for all I care. I just don't like that its still DEP.

I think that title can be arranged.... :shock: :lol:

Congratulations on completing Airborne school. Your PT sucks donkey balls. Fix it before it's too late.....
Invictus
Ranger

Re: RIP: Here I come, motherfucker

Post by Invictus »

Gnosis wrote: 2a. What is the fallout standard? At ABN, two consecutive fallouts was a recycle or boot. I don't plan on falling out or failing at anything while I'm there,but as I prepare for RIP, I'm trying to get my mind right and know exactly what the standard is ahead of time.
Don't anticipate failure. BUT, is an excuse waiting to happen.
The "Fallout Standard". No Ranger you ever meet will know what the fuck you're talking about. There is no standard for failure.

The standard is a Beret and Scroll.

The alternative is anathema to us.

RLTW
Hoover
Ranger

Post by Hoover »

Hmmm.....as the man said there is no fallout standard; plan on making all of the runs...swim test is cake.....and no; your buddy is assigned....yes there are long runs.....and yes you will complete them....and you best work hard to improve those pt scores....RIP is a huge wake up call after jump school; which really does very little to get you ready for RIP....suffer on your own time..or really suffer on the cadre's time at RIP...your choice...do lots of pt now....you may thank me later when you graduate!
Get to work.....and plan on making it!
2/75 C Co. 81-84
Ranger Class 14-82
"Cry Havoc Let Slip The Dogs of War"
1st SPWAR Tng Bn (Abn) USAJFKSWCS 87'
RLTW !
Mentor to J.P. Deepwater
RIP Class 02-07
Ranger Class 09-07
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

You wanna know what the hell is wrong with this "INTERNET GENERATION", they think they can have the answer TO EVERYTHING before they are faced with the challenge.

IMO there was a REASON we didn't know what was coming, and that was to determine our level of committment and discipline to PREPARE ourselves as well as test our ability to not break under pressure (both physically and mentally).

Well God Damn it I say................YOU SHOULD HAVE TRAINED YOUR ASS OFF AND NOW YOU'RE ABOUT TO GO TO THE PARTY AND SEE JUST HOW GOOD YOUR MOVE'S ARE MOTHERFUCKER!!!

The only thing anybody ever told me was..........YOU'LL FIND OUT WHEN YOU GET THERE!!! :evil:

Well guess what Stud, that's the same thing that's gonna happen TO YOU!!!

By this time you're either ready or you're not! You're either gonna make it or you're not. Plain and fuckin simple!!!
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Bugsy wrote:..........YOU'LL FIND OUT WHEN YOU GET THERE!!! :evil:
That's the way it was for many of us.

You aren't going to have a chance to google whether your enemy is in the building you are about to enter, or then next. You will just have to be prepared for any eventuality.

You need to be prepared for anything, and have the mental agility to deal with whatever comes your way.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
42L5V
Ranger

Post by 42L5V »

There's a lot of good advice going here. I can't speak about RIP, but I just had to throw in .02

You can't begin by thinking "I'm mentally prepared to fall out of one run, since that's allowed" or "My wet boots will hurt my feet, so I can't complete a footmarch", etc.

If you allow yourself room mentally to relax your standards, then when things start to suck - you'll mindfuck yourself into taking that extra room. You need to be thinking that you'll be the fastest on every run, can march an extra 3-4 miles and stay up for another 24 hours. That way, when it happens, you're in a positive mental frame of mind.

I'm sure that while you were in training your Drill Sergeant did a mind-fuck run. You know, you're headed back to the barracks after a good fast run, just waiting for "QUICK TIME, MARCH" and the run keeps going past the barracks. How many people fell out of formation immediately? Not because they couldn't run another step - but because they were mentally focused on ending the run, and unprepared for another mile.

Get your mind right. Eliminate these kinds of questions or else your next post will be one filled with excuses. Or - you'll never come back and post at all becaue your too embarrassed.

Don't worry about your title on this screen. There's only one title you want, and it sure as fuck ain't "paratrooper".
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

.......you already didnt make it
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Sometimes I wonder how I ever made it without the internet.................
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
roadtheshortbus
Ranger

Post by roadtheshortbus »

Stop fucking worrying and mind fucking yourself :x

When you are on holdover PT your ass off.

and NEVER QUIT how FUCKING HARD IS THAT :evil:

Just do the task given and move on to the next. :roll:

just my .02
RLTW

"If you can't be smart, at least be quiet til you know who's in the fucking room" - Ranger Cams

B Co. 2/75 84-86 RS 1-86
Charlie 51
Ranger

Post by Charlie 51 »

Good luck in Korea motherfucker.

RIP was easy

Cept for those 5am runs with Pippen, he was faster than he looked!!
C Co 2/75 Weapons
Classes 4-5/93

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there" - Will Rogers
Gnosis
Embryo

Post by Gnosis »

Godam... this thread makes me look like a chode. All points noted and well taken.
"Sergeant, I plan to take the skills I learned here and use them to make Cobra Commander pay for his iniquities. AIRBORNE!"
---
Ranger Earthpig's Mentee
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

Gnosis wrote:Godam... this thread makes me look like a chode. All points noted and well taken.

Nope you made yourself look like that......We just pointed out how.
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
roadtheshortbus
Ranger

Post by roadtheshortbus »

Charlie 51 wrote:Good luck in Korea motherfucker.

RIP was easy

Thats funny :lol:

It was SSG Flowers with me. When he started with "In through your nose out through your mouth" I knew it was going to be a smoke-fest.
RLTW

"If you can't be smart, at least be quiet til you know who's in the fucking room" - Ranger Cams

B Co. 2/75 84-86 RS 1-86
Hoover
Ranger

Post by Hoover »

roadtheshortbus wrote:
Charlie 51 wrote:Good luck in Korea motherfucker.

RIP was easy

Thats funny :lol:

It was SSG Flowers with me. When he started with "In through your nose out through your mouth" I knew it was going to be a smoke-fest.
I do believe I went thru RIP with Flowers.....he was in shape then as a Rippie......
2/75 C Co. 81-84
Ranger Class 14-82
"Cry Havoc Let Slip The Dogs of War"
1st SPWAR Tng Bn (Abn) USAJFKSWCS 87'
RLTW !
Mentor to J.P. Deepwater
RIP Class 02-07
Ranger Class 09-07

Return to “About RASP”