RIP: Here I come, motherfucker

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
roadtheshortbus
Ranger

Post by roadtheshortbus »

Hoover wrote:
roadtheshortbus wrote:
Charlie 51 wrote:Good luck in Korea motherfucker.

RIP was easy

Cept for those 5am runs with Pippen, he was faster than he looked!!
Thats funny :lol:

It was SSG Flowers with me. When he started with "In through your nose out through your mouth" I knew it was going to be a smoke-fest.
I do believe I went thru RIP with Flowers.....he was in shape then as a Rippie......
Black guy tall, always smiling ,great runner, may have been a SGT.
I liked him, but he could bring the smoke.
RLTW

"If you can't be smart, at least be quiet til you know who's in the fucking room" - Ranger Cams

B Co. 2/75 84-86 RS 1-86
Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

roadtheshortbus wrote:
Hoover wrote:
roadtheshortbus wrote: Thats funny :lol:

It was SSG Flowers with me. When he started with "In through your nose out through your mouth" I knew it was going to be a smoke-fest.
I do believe I went thru RIP with Flowers.....he was in shape then as a Rippie......
He was my RI in the Desert. The one and only time my squad had ORP security in the entire course, he pulled me aside and just shot the shit with me. I believe he was in 3/75 at the formup.
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

We had a guy by the name of Bohannon. Fucker could run like the fucking wind. :x :x :x :x

Totally built for speed. :shock:
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Hoover
Ranger

Post by Hoover »

roadtheshortbus wrote:
Hoover wrote:
roadtheshortbus wrote: Thats funny :lol:

Yeah, that's him; great runner for sure.
2/75 C Co. 81-84
Ranger Class 14-82
"Cry Havoc Let Slip The Dogs of War"
1st SPWAR Tng Bn (Abn) USAJFKSWCS 87'
RLTW !
Mentor to J.P. Deepwater
RIP Class 02-07
Ranger Class 09-07
roadtheshortbus
Ranger

Post by roadtheshortbus »

Hoover wrote:
roadtheshortbus wrote:
Hoover wrote: I do believe I went thru RIP with Flowers.....he was in shape then as a Rippie......
Yeah, that's him; great runner for sure.
He was leaving 2nd Batt. to go somewhere, I'm sure it was 3/75, It was my 3rd Bn RIP class. Well he leaves a fast-food bag in the trash can. I don't know about chow in the barracks now, but in the the old WWII barracks on North Fort, that was a BIG NOGO! So we are getting our asses SMOKED the next morning, He comes up behind the instructor sees whats going on, point at himself laughs and walks on.
Some of us laughed, some cried, and some quit.

GOOD TIMES

Hey, what was this thread about. :P
RLTW

"If you can't be smart, at least be quiet til you know who's in the fucking room" - Ranger Cams

B Co. 2/75 84-86 RS 1-86
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

roadtheshortbus wrote: Some of us laughed, some cried, and some quit.

GOOD TIMES

Hey, what was this thread about. :P
About how Gnosis is trying to figure out "not to fail by failing" instead of having prepared himself to kick ass AND BE READY when he comes face to face with his RIP Instructors.

SGM & Charlie 51 are right, he's got the wrong mentality completely.

He ain't gonna make it.

(i hope you prove me wrong)
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Forget about the "standards". Just do your best, period.
Take RIP one event at a time, look no further ahead & don't look back. Same mindset applies when you're deployed, or in jail. Just do your time one event at a time & do your best every time. Pacing is for pussies.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

All you have to do is get through today. Tomorrow will take care of itself.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Glenn, MSG Ret.
US Army Veteran - Ranger Parent

Post by Glenn, MSG Ret. »

Don't worry about things that might happen. Every instructor is different, every event is a process of evolution, training standards are living documents. The only thing that is a constant is the rumor mill. You have to have the will to exceed all standards put in front of you.

My son was in RS Class 4-06. He's now a SGT in 3rd Batt & is complaining about newly graduated RIPs not knowing the things he had to learn when he went to RIP. Did the standards change? He feels they did. Or maybe more lenient instructors? Who knows? But be assured of one thing: When you get to Batt the NCOs & Tabs will correct any shortcomings you may have.

Do not ever try to strive for a goal with a defeatist attitude!

Glenn
Former 2nd squad 3rd platoon A Co. 3/75 Dad
USNavy 1960-1966
USArmy 1980-2001
Retired MSG
Creeping Death
Ranger

Post by Creeping Death »

rgrpuck wrote:
Gnosis wrote:Godam... this thread makes me look like a chode. All points noted and well taken.

Nope you made yourself look like that......We just pointed out how.
Listen to the man. Quit worrying about every possible detail and whether or not you might have overlooked anything. Instead, focus all of that wasted energy on preparing yourself mentally for ANYTHING.

March when you are told to march. Run when you are told to run. Push when you are told to push. Speak up when you are asked a question and know the answer. Push when you are asked a question and don't know the anwer. Do the right thing at all times. Don't be a pussy. Keep putting one foot in front of the other and learn how to love the suck. When you learn to love the suck, something fucking weird happens and before you know it, you are a Goddamn Ranger.

None of us ever became a Ranger by spending one second wondering what the minimum standard of anything was - and neither will you.
A Co 1/75 '94-'97
Class 5-96
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Creeping Death wrote:
rgrpuck wrote:
Gnosis wrote:Godam... this thread makes me look like a chode. All points noted and well taken.

Nope you made yourself look like that......We just pointed out how.
Listen to the man. Quit worrying about every possible detail and whether or not you might have overlooked anything. Instead, focus all of that wasted energy on preparing yourself mentally for ANYTHING.

March when you are told to march. Run when you are told to run. Push when you are told to push. Speak up when you are asked a question and know the answer. Push when you are asked a question and don't know the anwer. Do the right thing at all times. Don't be a pussy. Keep putting one foot in front of the other and learn how to love the suck. When you learn to love the suck, something fucking weird happens and before you know it, you are a Goddamn Ranger.

None of us ever became a Ranger by spending one second wondering what the minimum standard of anything was - and neither will you.
Words to live by here..... Well said! 8)
Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

Creeping Death wrote:Keep putting one foot in front of the other and learn how to love the suck. When you learn to love the suck, something fucking weird happens and before you know it, you are a Goddamn Ranger.
Another gem from the land of dueling banjo's...this statement truly embodies what we've all been trying to say.
FIST TEAM LTR
Ranger

Post by FIST TEAM LTR »

Jim wrote:All you have to do is get through today. Tomorrow will take care of itself.

Stencil that on your fucking forehead kid. One day at a time. If all the answers were here there would be no questions.
The important things are always simple.
The simple things are always hard.

Nut Check Time.
Good Luck.
1st Ranger Bn HHC 1978-81
A Company FIST Team
RGR Class 9-79
rgrjoe175
Tadpole

Post by rgrjoe175 »

Holy crap, I can't believe this thread. :? Before I went to RIP, I never would have thought of asking the question....How many chances do I get to fail?

I guess if I had planned on failing on some aspect of the trek to become a Ranger, I never would have signed up to do it.

JP
1/75 80-83
Class 6-81

Return to “About RASP”