Ankle/knee supports in RIP, Airborne school

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
Creeping Death
Ranger

Post by Creeping Death »

You might get away with it in RIP, but not in stupid school. They lay you out the first day, and if it ain't on the packing list, it don't go with you.
A Co 1/75 '94-'97
Class 5-96
RangerKelly
Ranger

Getting away with Ankle and Knee supports in Ranger School

Post by RangerKelly »

I tore up one ankle pretty bad right off the bat in Ranger School, so I know how this one works. You can use 100 mile an hour tape on ankles and knees. I had an SF medic on my team who did the job. It worked VERY well - one of the small ankle bones was broken and duck tape jobs got me through to graduation. If you need it, ask around for an SF medic who is also a student and ask them to square you away.
RS class 4/93 (I was there so long my unit thought it had just dreamed me up).
Bell

Post by Bell »

Ranger Kelly, were you in Battalion or what? Post some credentials please.

RLTW
Bell
RangerKelly
Ranger

Post by RangerKelly »

I was planning on doing this in the Introductions, but I wanted to answer this guys question before I lost it.

I was in from 89 to 94. Basic AIT Airborne, went to Germany for two then back to Bco 1/187th Inf. (101). They sent me to Ranger School, class of 2/93. Graduated class of 4/93. Competed in Best Ranger Competition in 94 on the 101st team.

Now I am in NY. Stumbled on the site while ordering a hat and after reading some of the funny shit that I used to hear every day I signed on.

I will be posting this in the Introduction section when I get a chance. You may of course contact me directly or through this and I will be happy to provide you with any credentials needed.
RS class 4/93 (I was there so long my unit thought it had just dreamed me up).
Cracked Rock
Egg

Post by Cracked Rock »

Regarding ankles: I sprained my ankle pretty well while backpacking over the winter and it still feels a little weak (seems like it wants to roll more than it used to) when I've been running on it. Does anyone have any particular suggestions for strengthening the ankle?
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

DRock wrote:Regarding ankles: I sprained my ankle pretty well while backpacking over the winter and it still feels a little weak (seems like it wants to roll more than it used to) when I've been running on it. Does anyone have any particular suggestions for strengthening the ankle?
Yes, you can go to our Medical section and ask Doc. This is not the section for your question. This is only Ranger Indoctrination Program.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Cracked Rock
Egg

Post by Cracked Rock »

Thank you, Ranger Steadfast. Moving it.
Feuerfaust
Embryo

Post by Feuerfaust »

Cracked, what are we gonna do about our avatars man? How about a duel to the death....
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Are you two girls twins? :twisted:
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
RGR W. Beals
Ranger

exercise the shit out of them

Post by RGR W. Beals »

Just find out what you need to do to make them strong and do it.

beating you boots are good.

In Airborne school they will build your leggs up anyway. :)
RGR School class 2/77. A/NCOIC RIP 2/75th
A/2/75 from 11/75 to 7/79

Return to “About RASP”