HRAP after RIP

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
malik289
Tadpole

HRAP after RIP

Post by malik289 »

Hey everyone,my recruiter was telling me that i can do HRAP after I finish Rip and then go to battalion,If anyone knows anything about this please reply,thanks in advance.
Last edited by malik289 on October 28th, 2006, 11:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ndog275
Ranger

Post by Ndog275 »

What the hell is HTRAP?
A 1/75 93-97
B&HHC 2/75 97-99
RS 3,4&5-95

This mighty soldier on the eve of the war he waged
Told his troops of lessons learned from battles fought.
"May your heart grow bolder like an iron-clad brigade"
Said this leader to his outnumbered lot.

www.75thrra.com
www.tacticaltailor.com
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

hometown recruiting If it hasn't changed 2 or 3 guys will be selected out of each class and they will go do some BS recruiting work I personally wouldn't want to do it based solely on the fact that I wouldn't want to be the only cherry to show up out of the blue
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Baseplate wrote:hometown recruiting If it hasn't changed 2 or 3 guys will be selected out of each class and they will go do some BS recruiting work I personally wouldn't want to do it based solely on the fact that I wouldn't want to be the only cherry to show up out of the blue
Home
Town
Recriter
Assistance
Program

Better late than never.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

Silverback wrote:
Baseplate wrote:hometown recruiting If it hasn't changed 2 or 3 guys will be selected out of each class and they will go do some BS recruiting work I personally wouldn't want to do it based solely on the fact that I wouldn't want to be the only cherry to show up out of the blue
Home
Town
Recriter
Assistance
Program

Better late than never.

Ain't nuthin' better than hometown recritin' :lol:
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
Ndog275
Ranger

Post by Ndog275 »

I did something like that when I was in the 3 shop at 2/75 in 98 or 99. I think it was called total army involvment in recruiting. The Army sent me and a PFC to SC, GA and FL on a hellish road trip going from recruiting station to station. Would have been a great trip if I didn't have to cover a stupid about of miles a day. Got a speeding ticket in Daytona. :cry:

Leave it to the Army to send two Rangers from 2/75 to Beaufort SC on TDY when they could have just sent two hooahs from 1/75 across the river. :lol:

Got to see Mitch and his lovely HH6 though when we passed through Savannah, we lost track after that, but ran into him again here. Small world and I'm pretty sure he owes me a case of beer :twisted:
A 1/75 93-97
B&HHC 2/75 97-99
RS 3,4&5-95

This mighty soldier on the eve of the war he waged
Told his troops of lessons learned from battles fought.
"May your heart grow bolder like an iron-clad brigade"
Said this leader to his outnumbered lot.

www.75thrra.com
www.tacticaltailor.com
SkyShark
US Army Vet (Airborne)

Post by SkyShark »

We used to call it Home Town Buddy Fucker. :lol:
It's all good.
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

Ndog275 wrote:I did something like that when I was in the 3 shop at 2/75 in 98 or 99. I think it was called total army involvment in recruiting. The Army sent me and a PFC to SC, GA and FL on a hellish road trip going from recruiting station to station. Would have been a great trip if I didn't have to cover a stupid about of miles a day. Got a speeding ticket in Daytona. :cry:

Leave it to the Army to send two Rangers from 2/75 to Beaufort SC on TDY when they could have just sent two hooahs from 1/75 across the river. :lol:

Got to see Mitch and his lovely HH6 though when we passed through Savannah, we lost track after that, but ran into him again here. Small world and I'm pretty sure he owes me a case of beer :twisted:

Fuck yeah! I did the same thing, only it was in New Orleans during the November FTX in 1999. Holy fuuuuuuuuuuck did I party like a rock star!
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Tater Nuts wrote:Way back when, if you even mentioned "Hometown Recruiting" at RIP you would be smoked till you were a steaming pile, which would just prepare you for the even worse smoking you would get should you mention it AFTER you got to Batt. . It is limbo,Get over it, none of your high school buddies will grasp what you have done and it will just piss you off and all of your fellow rippies will have left you in the dust and that will piss you off as well.
The Tater speaks the truth.
Going back home to show off (isn't that what it comes down to?) will just set you behind your RIP classmates when it comes to assimilating into the battalion.
If you really want to be a Ranger, then you want to be getting into the fight & getting every moment of training under your belt while you can, and not profiling for Suzy H. Stinkfinger.
That hometown gig is time wasted on civilians. Wait until you have your CIB then go caj drinks from the FOGs at the VFW, at least they'll get it.
The closest you want to get to recruiting is to appear and act professionaly whenever in the public eye.
So, you wanna be a warrior or just act like one on tv?
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
soldiersdad
Ranger Dad

Post by soldiersdad »

Hi, Statistics have shown class after class that your soldier has a good chance of not even making it to graduation of RIP. So really all the worrying of whether he gets HTR might not matter unless they can still get Home Town Recruiting if they go worldwide. RIP is not automatic and many tough individuals have gone worldwide.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Tater Nuts wrote:Way back when, if you even mentioned "Hometown Recruiting" at RIP you would be smoked till you were a steaming pile, which would just prepare you for the even worse smoking you would get should you mention it AFTER you got to Batt. I think at one time about 8 out of 10 Rippies were "promised" by their recruiters that they would be "Hometown recruiters". It is limbo,Get over it, none of your high school buddies will grasp what you have done and it will just piss you off and all of your fellow rippies will have left you in the dust and that will piss you off as well.
Ditto.
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Sounds to me like you are focused on the wrong objective. If you are missing mommy already, don't waste the fucking contract. Let someone else have it that wants to be a Ranger, and not some hometown showoff.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
PULSAR
Inprocessing

Post by PULSAR »

There is no HTRAP or leave after RIP you report straight to your Bat and do your job.
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Re: HTRAP after RIP

Post by Sleepy Doc »

malik289 wrote:Hey everyone,my recruiter was telling me that i can do HTRAP after I finish Rip and then go to battalion,If anyone knows anything about this please reply,thanks in advance.
Fuck that stupid shit! For at least the first six months in Batt. there are only 3 things you have to worry about; where, when, and in what uniform!

Wait until you have been there a year, then go home on your next block leave. Wear your uniform to somewhere people will know you (church, a parade or some shit like that..) That will be all the hometown recruiting you will need. Let your actions speak for themselves.
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi

Return to “About RASP”