osut battle buddy and airborne start dates

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
ashort
Embryo

osut battle buddy and airborne start dates

Post by ashort »

hey guys im in the middle of osut right now home for the holidays, but i was curious why the guy im paired up with and i, have difrent airborne dates, i start the 8th of march and he starts the 1st, were the only two guys in my company that have opt. 40 and it looks like im gonna be at airborne holdover(can someone explain the daily routine in abn holdover for me? thanks) for a week or so but im curious if hell be in some sort of rip holdover so were start rip the same time or what?....just curious, we made pretty good friends and im hoping we go to rip togather.....and wile im at it, what are the living conditions at airborne/rip compared to osut, like barracks? or shared rooms, and what about stuff like a radio or cell phone and free time? guys care to fill me in id appreciate it much....im heading back to benning the 3rd so i hope to hear from somone before then. thanks guys
Morris0352
Ranger

Post by Morris0352 »

d
Last edited by Morris0352 on May 13th, 2010, 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Morris0352
Ranger

Post by Morris0352 »

d
Last edited by Morris0352 on May 13th, 2010, 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ashort
Embryo

Post by ashort »

what do you guys think about having my parents bring down my guitar for abn? Just curious, im not the video game type i like my guitar...acoustic of course so its not loud or plugged in....time and space for somthing like that or is that a no-go?
turdypointer

Post by turdypointer »

Not to disrespect you guys, but jump school sounds like a playground to me. I mean xbox.guitar,ps2. I'd just work out trying to get some more strength. It might get you rady for rip. So my opinion is that you guys shpuld be working out during free time maybe, play some basket ball too.
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

turdypointer wrote:Not to disrespect you guys, but jump school sounds like a playground to me. I mean xbox.guitar,ps2. I'd just work out trying to get some more strength. It might get you rady for rip. So my opinion is that you guys shpuld be working out during free time maybe, play some basket ball too.
while you do have some latitude as to what you can do with your OFF-time, it is by no means a playground. this is and extremely sensitive time for soldiers in the pipeline for RANGER, SPECIAL FORCES, and the 82d ABN. you go there and fuck up, you will find yourself on a NTR trip to legland. don't take leniency as weakness, turdburgler.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
SkyShark
US Army Vet (Airborne)

Jump School

Post by SkyShark »

Turd - If you can run at a walks pace everywhere you go and you can do pull ups then yes Jump School can be a cake walk. The ones that say that Airborne School is hard are the ones that have not gone through RIP. As far as taking any personal stuff there don't do it. Your only there for three weeks. You only get to know maybe the people in your room. Shit comes up missing all the time.
It's all good.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

This was where it was great to be married. 8) My wife came to Benning and I stayed with her, about 3 blocks from Delta Co, in the on-post motel. So, I didn't need no stinking Playstation, stereo, or guitar....I was making my own music every night. :lol: Ahhh, the good ol' days...I wonder why it's only 3 times a week now. :?
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Saltbitch

Re: osut battle buddy and airborne start dates

Post by Saltbitch »

Tommy wrote: 5 weeks Airborne, 5 weeks RIP (here)....
HMMMM......I was in 'RIP Pending' for 3 weeks prior to attending RIP; but I remember, VIVIDLY, that it was only three weeks for Airborne and three for RIP, respectively. The clock doesn't start until day 0....

Let me give you guys a piece of advice: DON'T BRING SHIT TO AIRBORNE OR RIP, EXCEPT YOUR WILL TO SUCCEED; OR DIE TRYING.
Let all the legs going to the 82d, etc, bring the entertainment and just assume 'command' of their shit. Make sure you return it to them; as you will never have a moment to yourself for the next 9 months to a year. Maybe not even then, if you're lucky.

Take these 'cakewalk' courses seriously, you fucking knucklheads. Take
everything you learn in the military seriously; as if you're going to war tomorrow (because you probably are). Yes, Airborne is easy. Yes, RIP is fucking hard; but not as hard as life in Batt. So in a certain context, RIP is easy also. TAKE THIS SHIT SERIOUSLY; especially the 'easy' courses. Crawl, Walk, Run. This is the basic philosophy for even members of the 'elite of the elite'. Without a solid fondation, what the fuck are you gonna build your fortress on?

If you're not getting 'enough' out of Basic/AIT, Airborne, etc.; then maybe, just maybe, YOU'RE not putting 'enough' in. Slack-asses....

Return to “About RASP”