MORAL ENLISTMENT QUALIFICATIONS

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
hit_it
Paratrooper

MORAL ENLISTMENT QUALIFICATIONS

Post by hit_it »

Look, dammit.

there are too many moral loopholes to list in this forum. I will not entertain people who have not maintained the basic moral attitude to become a Soldier (much less a Ranger).

I will not give people shortcuts into our Army.

The reason I moderate this forum and help the Rangers here is SOLELY to give the quidance to people who are are physically, mentally and MORALLY qualified to enlist for the chance to become Rangers.

Specific questions of moral eligibility need to be addressed with your local recruiter.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
gpatmac
Ranger

Post by gpatmac »

I'd like to give an additional viewpoint on this.

SFC Hit_it is absolutely correct in that every waiver is different and every recruiting battalion is different, so there's no way to address every type of charge.

IF you're qualified based on the regulation, but do require a waiver, one way to that you can know if you have any chance of being approved is if it has been YEARS since you have broken the law/been in the back seat of a police cruiser/not had a police officer request to look at your ID. If it hasn't been years...refer to what SFC Hit_it said.

Don't even try to enlist if your case/charge is still open. Pay all your fines. Ensure that all of your court ordered sentence has been served, to include probation and pre-trial diversion.

My boss and his boss (waiver approval authorities) have both told me that what they are looking for an applicant who is genuinely sorry for their misdeeds. Additionally, they are more prone to approve an applicant who can show how he now contributes to his community (no, I'm not talking about court ordered community service!). How he has a tradition of military service in his family. How he was an academic or athletic stud in high school or college. Lastly, it's important for an applicant to show how they would love a chance to take advantage of the opportunities that the Army has to offer, and how they think that they would be an asset to the Army.

Of course the most certain way to easily enlist in the Army is to not break the law.
4-17IN, 7th ID(L) - 1987-1991;2/327IN, 101st ID - 1997-2001; 2-5IN, 25th ID(L) - 2000-2004
Ranger Class 3/97,4/97,5/97(Grad)
Big_E
Embryo

DEJ

Post by Big_E »

Rangers and SFC hit_it, I have a question in this area. I was busted for posession of marijuana in october of 2005. I had a good lawyer and was diverted into a program called Delayed Entry of Judgement (DEJ). Basically, I was never arrested, I was issued a citation for my crime, and I spent no time in jail. I am on informal probation for this misdemeanor crime until 8/23/07, and having completed my drug classes, the court will issue a not guilty on my case. The statue I was sentenced under ( PC or HS code 1210.1) states that I may say I have no conviction during my probation period, unless I apply for public officer or a peace officer position. I does not outline anything as far as military service, however I am worried that if I do attempt to enlist after my 4 year degree is complete (fall 07/spring 08) I may be denied entry into an 11x MOS with the Option 40 contract. Any information on this will be greatly appreciated, as searching this topic on the forum has not yielded me anything in my specific case. I thank you all in advance for your help.
"If you cant improve your situation, improve your state of mind"
Big_E
Embryo

Corrections

Post by Big_E »

Rangers and SFC Hit_It, I apologize for the smiley in my last post, as it was supposed to be a number 8. I also apologize if this post is in the wrong thread/sticky.
gpatmac
Ranger

Post by gpatmac »

4-17IN, 7th ID(L) - 1987-1991;2/327IN, 101st ID - 1997-2001; 2-5IN, 25th ID(L) - 2000-2004
Big_E
Embryo

DEJ

Post by Big_E »

Thank you Ranger gpatmac
gpatmac
Ranger

Post by gpatmac »

I hope you lose the habit of having others do your work for you.
Big_E
Embryo

Thanks

Post by Big_E »

I thank you again Ranger gpatmac, however the thread you sent me I had already read, and I was hoping for an answer that was more specific to the DEJ program, or possibly other spinoffs of other Prop. 36 programs and the like. That post in specific only talks lightly on the issue of the need or lack of need for the Moral Waiver...in fact in my search, your post in this thread has been the most helpful as to the timeframe in which I have the greatest chance of getting an 11x option 40 contract.

Return to “Recruitment Process”