Airborne/Ranger w/o Option 40

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Dfraney
Embryo

Airborne/Ranger w/o Option 40

Post by Dfraney »

Hello Rangers, thank you for taking the time to read this.

I was DQed by MEPS for vitiligo, which is a pigment disorder that doesn't deter physical or mental abilities. I was told with a medical waiver, I was also DQed from an Option 40 contract which was my goal at the time. I decided to just enlist as 11X with no schools. I ship in 10 days and was wondering if I can get Airborne/Ranger during OSUT. I was told that with good PT I may qualify for a slot, but I'm unsure if my medical waiver keeps me DQed from a slot for my entire contract. I'm not in the 300 club, but my APFT score is 255 give or take, and I'm expecting to be around 270/280 by the end of the BCT portion of OSUT. So, can I get Airborne/Ranger without Option 40 AND having a medical waiver through PT? Granted there are slots available for either jump school or RASP.

Thanks again.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Airborne/Ranger w/o Option 40

Post by Jim »

Welcome Dfraney, A man has only one opportunity to make a favorable initial impression. So far, you are doing well. If you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We at armyranger.com take a great deal of pride in the young men who pass through here on their life journey. Please tell us more about yourself. Most of the questions you might have can be addressed by using the search feature, located on the top right of this page. Please read the FAQs, as well as select stickies and threads. You need to read letters from school to get an idea how many young men earned an Option 40 while in OSUT. Begin to memorize the Ranger Creed and start living your life by it. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Dfraney
Embryo

Post by Dfraney »

Jim wrote:Welcome Dfraney, A man has only one opportunity to make a favorable initial impression. So far, you are doing well. If you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We at armyranger.com take a great deal of pride in the young men who pass through here on their life journey. Please tell us more about yourself. Most of the questions you might have can be addressed by using the search feature, located on the top right of this page. Please read the FAQs, as well as select stickies and threads. You need to read letters from school to get an idea how many young men earned an Option 40 while in OSUT. Begin to memorize the Ranger Creed and start living your life by it. Never, never quit!
Roger, Jim. Thank you for the warm welcoming and thank you for pointing me towards where to find more information.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Please post a note on the letters from school thread when you ship to OSUT. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Recruitment Process”