Penicillin

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Calvin
Embryo

Penicillin

Post by Calvin »

Hi Rangers, I'm still in my recruiting process trying to get my option 40. I just had a random thought though that I haven't considered. My grandma died from penicillin(due to an unknown allergic reaction) and my mom is allergic. I haven't ever been tested for it so I'm not sure if I am allergic as well. So here's my question. Does being allergic to penicillin DQ you from getting an option 40 in your contract or DQ from the military all together?

Calvin
"Promise only what you can deliver. Then deliver more than you promise."
Baseplate
Ranger

Re: Penicillin

Post by Baseplate »

You must be stupid. I don't even know how to spell that shit and it took me less than 30 seconds to find the answer. You obviously know how to use a computer why couldn't you figure it out yourself? Let me answer that it is because you are lazy.
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
Calvin
Embryo

Post by Calvin »

Roger Ranger Baseplate. I'll do more thorough research before asking a question here again.

Knocking out 50 pushups for my mess up!
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

In your introduction, I told you:
Calvin, If you want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We take pride in the fine young men who pass through armyranger.com in their life journey. Please begin by reading the FAQs as well as selected threads and stickies. Most questions you might have are already addressed. The search feature, located on the top right of this page is your friend.
I found over 100 references.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
PerryB
Recruiting for the Darkside

Post by PerryB »

If you don't know you're allergic then don't claim that you are allergic. You can still join the Army with an allergy to PCN but you will require a medical waiver. Since PCN is an avoidable drug you'll get a medical waiver approved but you cannot enlist with option 4 or 40 with a medical, waiver. In the past we could get exceptions for medical allegies and option 40 but with the limited slots they are not entertaining any exceptions.

PerryB
Calvin
Embryo

Post by Calvin »

Roger Ranger Jim. I searched penicillin in the search bar and found 48 instances penicillin was used.

PerryB, thanks for the information. It's always good to have a current recruiter on the site to give up to date recruiting info.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

calvin7777 wrote:Roger Ranger Jim. I searched penicillin in the search bar and found 48 instances penicillin was used.
I used allergy and got 116.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
PerryB
Recruiting for the Darkside

Post by PerryB »

No idea who Curry is but trust me they are no longer granting exceptions for med waivers to go to Airborne or Option 40. The message I got from the Infantry branch last week was short and to the point. "Soldier does not meet the requirements stated in DA PAM 611-21, with the Army downsizing we are only accepting the best qualified Soldiers.

XXX XXXXX SFC USARMY INFANTRY SCHL
PerryB

Return to “Recruitment Process”