Meeting with a recruiter

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Dduron
Embryo

Meeting with a recruiter

Post by Dduron »

Hello all,

It's been a while since I posted and like many young teenagers my interests have come and gone. However, my interest in the Ranger Regiment was rediscovered after spending some time in the library. I recently phoned my nearest recruiter and asked if they were still enlisting since the war was over (stupid words I know, but how else would I put it?) and of course he responded positively. Now, after scheduling an appointment, and telling him I think I'm overweight, he told me he could still get me in. I don't want to be that guy who's slow and messes up everything for my platoon because of my weight, but I also want to enlist soon. Is it advisable to give him a call and cancel the appointment or go see what he has to offer and see what he wants to do?

Thanks Everyone,
DDuron
"I know it shouds all dickish but if you were training for the Olympics you wouldn't train to a certain time. you would train to do as good as you possibly can. You are now training for your Olympics."

- Ranger Baseplate
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Re: Meeting with a recruiter

Post by rangertough »

Dduron wrote:Hello all,

It's been a while since I posted and like many young teenagers my interests have come and gone. However, my interest in the Ranger Regiment was rediscovered after spending some time in the library. I recently phoned my nearest recruiter and asked if they were still enlisting since the war was over (stupid words I know, but how else would I put it?) and of course he responded positively. Now, after scheduling an appointment, and telling him I think I'm overweight, he told me he could still get me in. I don't want to be that guy who's slow and messes up everything for my platoon because of my weight, but I also want to enlist soon. Is it advisable to give him a call and cancel the appointment or go see what he has to offer and see what he wants to do?

Thanks Everyone,
DDuron
There's a whole mess of Soldiers who would disagree with your assumption that the war is "over". At least one young Ranger I know personnaly.

Tough
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
Dduron
Embryo

Post by Dduron »

Roger Ranger,

I was hoping they were still recruiting 11x despite Obama's speeches and the draw downs. I was taking care of my mother because she was sick for the past few years and now she is better now.
"I know it shouds all dickish but if you were training for the Olympics you wouldn't train to a certain time. you would train to do as good as you possibly can. You are now training for your Olympics."

- Ranger Baseplate
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

OK, please tell us more. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Sigline - contains incorrect info

Post by Steadfast »

Puting this info in your sigline is not what we want to see.

Code: Select all

CURRENT PFT (Self-Administered): 45 push-ups, 50 sit-ups, 16 min 2 mile.
Prospective MOS': 13F, 11X, 68W
Current Goal: 60 Push, 60 Sit, 15 min 2 mile.
Goal Reach (EST): Friday, August 23, 2013
Expected Enlistment Date: October 15, 2013
You are expected to post these results in a post. If we follow you (& we all do) your apft results will change & we will not have past performance to compare any new figures to old.

For your Info we do have a standardized way of what is good & can be added to your signature line - & I expect you to find it without me telling you where it is.

Now go make a post as Ranger Jim asked or hasn't asked but will) & post your apft figures (include your pull up #'s too).

Current goal, Goal reached, Expected enlistment date all get trashed, its all garbage. You do not post any item unless you have already done/earned it - everything else is wannbe bullshit - we hate bullshitters.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Dduron
Embryo

Post by Dduron »

Rangers,

Met with a recruiter and found out that my body fat percentage is 34% and my belly is 45". I was embarrassed but the recruiter said it was normal but said I was one of many that are overweight. In my opinion I felt good, which meant I didn't have to waste his time, and he helped me figure out a training program that would help me lose enough body fat to enlist in October. I did take a practice ASVAB: my GT score was 98 and my AFQT was 38. He said I would qualify for Infantry but to have more opportunities such as Rangers or become a medic once I raise my score. To me, this was good news. I left without the feeling of being committed, yet I left knowing I would be able to lose enough body fat and study enough to enlist in OCT.

- DDuron

- Ranger Baseplate
Dduron
Embryo

Post by Dduron »

Affirmative Ranger ZoneIV,

I've nothing but excuses. I'll show progress.

- Dduron

- Ranger Baseplate

Return to “Recruitment Process”