Somebody help me DQ'd??

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Silverback
Ranger

Re: Somebody help me DQ'd??

Post by Silverback »

I knew it was the asthma....yet they doubt me

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Braxton
Ranger

Post by Braxton »

SITREP. Got my physical today at MEPS. I'm good to go except my recruiter misplaced my hernia documents so I did not have them at the station, and I am also going to need a waiver for my allergy to shellfish. But at least I'm not disqualified completely ! Just delayed anther week. Whatever. Good things come to those who wait.. Time for some PT.
Braxton
Ranger

Post by Braxton »

Silverback wrote:I knew it was the asthma....yet they doubt me

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
You were correct Ranger Silverback. After 13 is a no-go. They told us that at MEPS. Luckily I had it when I was 4 and never needed medicine, and the doctor today didn't see any sign of it !
Braxton
Ranger

Post by Braxton »

SITREP Rangers, my shellfish allergy waiver came back today and I reserved my mos. I told my recruiter I wanted 11x option 40 and that's all I wanted. He kept telling me stuff like "oh they recruit people out of ait" and "what's more important ? 11x-ray or option 40, because I can get you option 40 but not for infantry". I tried to stay stubborn with 11x option 40. But reserved my 11x no option 40. I asked him if an option 40 gets put in the system before I ship if I can change it and he said "it's possible". I sure hope so. If if I don't get it in my contract I guess il have to bust my ass twice as hard in OSUT. One thing that frustrated me is that he kept saying that "it's just a school" "a cook can go to Ranger school". Anyway, I go to MEPS Thursday to "inspect" and swear in. At least I've already got my airborne physical done and passed.
PerryB
Recruiting for the Darkside

Post by PerryB »

Braxton, don't rush into it. I'm not a Ranger but clearly a option 40 and getting into the 75th ranger Regiment is totally different than just going to Ranger school. The 75th is part of the special operations command; they train and deploy totally different than conventional forces. If you haven't gotten an exception for airborne/ranger training based upon your medical waiver that needs to happen first. As i told you in a PM this is your life and career not your recruiters. Get what you want and wait if you have to. Also look at other MOSs that come with an option 40. The 75th is the only special operations unit where all support personnel go through the same training.
keep trying and when your at the meps have the GC call the ROC and ask for an option 40.

Perryb
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Here is the link to the 75th Ranger Regiment Recruiting. It displays the MOSs that are included.

https://www.benning.army.mil/tenant/75t ... uiting.htm
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Braxton
Ranger

Post by Braxton »

Jim wrote:Here is the link to the 75th Ranger Regiment Recruiting. It displays the MOSs that are included.

https://www.benning.army.mil/tenant/75t ... uiting.htm
Thank you Ranger Jim.
Braxton
Ranger

Post by Braxton »

SITREP Rangers. Went up to MEPS this morning, got my contract and swore in. I did not get option 40 with my 11x contract, but I am determined to become a Ranger in the 75th Ranger Regiment. I still have a few months before I ship to Fort Benning so I have plenty of time to get in the best shape possible. I was told by the Commander, That the most important thing for an infantryman is to be in the best shape possible and that airborne and RASP get offered a lot as long as your pt scores are excellent. When I asked my liaison if I could change my option if more option 40's get put in the system she told me I would have to wait until my ship day but she didn't want to promise anything. The chances of an 11x option 40 being in the system the day I ship out are slim to none, so it looks like I'm really going to have to earn this one in OSUT and If I don't get Pre-RASP right after OSUT the bright side is maybe I will get to go to Germany, I do like German women. No matter what happens I am going to stay positive and determined to become a Ranger. Thank you Rangers for your help and knowledge, I will still remain on this site to further my education on a lot of things since this site and everyone on it has been very helpful and informative.
PerryB

Post by PerryB »

Braxton, did you get an airborne stamp at meps? If you did you still need your recruiter to send an exception for you to get an option 40 due having a medical waiver. The meps counselor is either uninformed or lazy because you have have your reservation updated at anytime before you leave. You need to be airborne qualified 1st. Waiting till you ship is too late because you must also qualify for a secret clearance. If you have any question or your recruiter doesn't know what to do send me a PM.

Perryb
Braxton
Ranger

Post by Braxton »

PerryB wrote:Braxton, did you get an airborne stamp at meps? If you did you still need your recruiter to send an exception for you to get an option 40 due having a medical waiver. The meps counselor is either uninformed or lazy because you have have your reservation updated at anytime before you leave. You need to be airborne qualified 1st. Waiting till you ship is too late because you must also qualify for a secret clearance. If you have any question or your recruiter doesn't know what to do send me a PM.

Perryb
I'm not sure if I got an airborne stamp at MEPS PerryB, the only thing I did Thursday up there was have the doc "annotate" my waiver and signed my contract and swore in. I was pretty much just along for the ride. I will ask my recruiter to send an exception when u see him Monday. I was originally disqualified for airborne because of my shellfish allergy and not having my docs for the hernia. I got my docs for the hernia and the waiver so I have to go through the airborne physical again to get qualified ? I have a feeling my recruiter isn't going to want to help me since he already got his quota for the month, but I sure am going to try. Thank you PerryB.
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

He's a NCO, his flipping job is to "help".
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.
PerryB

Post by PerryB »

Braxton, I was just informed by HQ USAREC that we can no longer request medical exceptions for Airborne. Either you are qualified or not. It sucks because allergies shouldn't stop someone from going to airborne school. You'll have to earn your slot. Good Luck and never ever quit.

Perryb
Braxton
Ranger

Post by Braxton »

PerryB wrote:Braxton, I was just informed by HQ USAREC that we can no longer request medical exceptions for Airborne. Either you are qualified or not. It sucks because allergies shouldn't stop someone from going to airborne school. You'll have to earn your slot. Good Luck and never ever quit.

Perryb
Rodger PerryB, I will earn this, there is no doubt in my mind. I agree with you on the allergy. It has nothing to do with jumping out of planes. Which was the exact words from multiple people, including the doctors, at MEPS. One thing my recruiter told me is that "once you get in, it's easy to get a waiver, but before you are it's hard to get one" talking about airborne.

Return to “Recruitment Process”