No 11X slots

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
PerryB
Recruiting for the Darkside

No 11X slots

Post by PerryB »

I work at the Houston Meps we sent 3 kids home today without enlisting because they only wanted 11X with option 40. I spoke to the ROC NCOIC and we simply have no 11X training right now. We have been enlisting kids out until May 2012 to ship in to the infantry. We have been told the FY 2012 11x training seats have been used up. The only MOS's that are open with option 40 are 92G, 42A, 91D, and 74D. Some 11X seats may become available as some of the high school seniors that enlisted decide to not ship or fail high school. As those kids quit or fail high school a few seats will be put back on to the request system.
The problem is they over sell every MOS so even when we have losses the jobs may not show up. I honestly don't know what to tell you if you want to enlist as a 11X Option 40. I have been involved in recruiting since 2002 and have never seen it like this.

Perry
Looon
Ranger

Re: No 11X slots

Post by Looon »

I would imagine everything in regard to recruiting is about to change drastically since the whole DOD budget is on the verge of being gutted.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

I am leery of this, because they (ROC) told us the same thing this time last year. I got the e-mail blast that said 11x is closed for entire FY, and I tell the kids this and they enlist for their second choice. Then I look like the dick when - holy shit - there are 150 11x slots on the system 2 months later. I believe you on the fact that they aren't available right now, but I don't buy that as the year goes on they won't become available again. We shall see though.... thanks for posting this, gives those kids who view this site for recruiting advice a solid understanding of what is going on with jobs.
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

And today is a great example about what I am talking about. They send out e-mails saying there is no 11x blah blah blah, and then what do I see today? 278 11x slots. Are you kidding me? 278 slots when it is supposedly closed out? Makes recruiters look like liars when this happens. Glad I learned my lesson last year.
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010

Return to “Recruitment Process”