Sitrep 11x Opt40

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Chuck_Finley
Ranger

Re: Sitrep 11x Opt40

Post by Chuck_Finley »

What? Are you looking for a gold star? Or maybe a cookie? Anyone interested read your thread and knows that you RENO'd. Anyone that wants to will respond.

Congrats and all that, but we're not here to stroke your ego. You want to impress people here, make it through RASP.

EDIT: Though the resources here are invaluable, if your ability to be successful at RASP is based upon people acknowledging or responding to your thread, you need to reassess. Many Rangers made it through before ArmyRanger.com ever existed. Many still make it through today without ever visiting here, or being told "Good job, you're awesome" because they secured an option 40 contract. It's all on you Hero.
B 3/75 90-92
hit_it
Paratrooper

Re: Sitrep 11x Opt40

Post by hit_it »

SITREP: After months of dodging pure bs from recruiters and searching for the "elusive" option 40, I went up to Albany and successfully Reno'd my 11x option 4 to include a 0 after the 4. I was very anxious sitting in that office hoping that everything wouldn't somehow fall through; regardless, I got the 11x Option 40 thanks in large part to all of the Rangers and Servicemen here giving their advice. "Never accept anything less, be patient, work hard, and above all else to never ever quit."
Shitbird, above is your final response in your reno post. Nowehere in here did you request a mentor. If you would have you could have been squared away in a timely manner.

I'm going to give you a bit of advice to go with your career in the military, and more specifically SOF (provided you make it). DON'T DO SHIT LIKE THIS EVER AGAIN. Noone gives you any credit for seeing a door but not walking through it. The fact that you have an option 40 means jack shit in the big picture. As was stated, plenty made it without ever having visited this site. ArmyRanger.com exist because it's members feel that only those truly dedicated should be members of the Ranger Regiment. NO SPOTLIGHTERS OR SHITBIRDS ALLOWED. You will find this prevalent throughtout Special Operations. The mission is special, NOT YOU.

Now, FS manager get this guy access to the mentor room so he won't step on his dick anymore.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg

Return to “Recruitment Process”