**UPDATE** USAREC Opt. 40 contracts (As Of 12/06/2018)

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
TexGrizzly
Embryo

Re: Current USAREC message on Opt. 40 contracts

Post by TexGrizzly »

My apologies Ranger Lunch. I only answered because I had seen this issue discussed in another topic awhile back and a Ranger said it was normal. Knocking out 50.
11B. 3rd Squadron/2nd Cav. Regiment Aug. 2012-Present
TexGrizzly
Embryo

Post by TexGrizzly »

Lunch wrote:
TexGrizzly wrote:My apologies Ranger Lunch. I only answered because I had seen this issue discussed in another topic awhile back and a Ranger said it was normal. Knocking out 50.
That woulda been a better way of saying what you did initially. By all mean, help square your buddies away whenever you are able, but don't repeat things you've heard others say and pass it off as real knowledge. One of the issues both you and Edgerusher will have to learn to sift through, filter, and sort out is a whole lot of "facts" you'll hear from your cohorts during basic, airborne, etc etc etc. Don't contribute to the rumor mill- state what you know, tell people what you may have heard, but make sure you distinguish between the two. Roger that?

Recover.
Roger, Ranger Lunch.
11B. 3rd Squadron/2nd Cav. Regiment Aug. 2012-Present
BrettD
Egg

Post by BrettD »

Roger that Ranger goon175. Excellent information.
steele31
Embryo

Post by steele31 »

Hello Rangers! does anyone have an updated version of this now? I know it is many years later but I am really trying to figure out whats going on with option 40's and my recruiter says he doesn't know and can't tell me. if anyone has any insight please share as it would be a huge help!
thanks!
future soldier
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Post by centermass »

**BUMP**

AS of 12/06/2018

Currently, there are over 180 option 40 contracts available through February 2019 (11X option 40).

NEW initial enlistment bonuses of $10,000 are now available for qualified candidates (11X option 40).

11B (Infantryman) reenlistment bonuses up to $46,000 are currently available.

Didn't receive an option 40 contract before you shipped to OSUT? Contact the 75th Ranger Regiment Recruiting Team to find out how you can become a part of one of the most elite organizations in the United States Army and qualify for the $10,000 initial enlistment bonus (11X).

RLTW!

75recruit@socom.mil

706-545-5124
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.

Return to “Recruitment Process”