Combat Medic

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
lonergr77
Ranger

Combat Medic

Post by lonergr77 »

I've got a co-worker that is interested in joining the Army. And after listening to me and another former Ranger he wants to join regiment. He want's to be a combat medic though. I'm all for it and have encouraged him to go for it. He went to a recruiter today and they told him the you could not get a option 40 contract for a combat medic. Anyone know if this is true or not? I told him to talk to a different recruiter. We are in Fayetteville, NC and they were quick to offer the 18X contract. I'll get him on here as soon as I can.

Thanks in advance,
lonergr77

3rd Plt, Cco, 2/75 - Nov '96 to Dec '99
RRD - Dec '99 to Dec '03
TSE Inc - Dec '03 to May '10
RRC Civilian - May '10 -
RC - 3-98
Invictus
Ranger

Re: Combat Medic

Post by Invictus »

Brother, that's simply not true.
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Lonergr77, I hate to tell you what we tell the kids but....search.
There's several recent threads about medic options in this forum & elsewhere. A current medic has several post-its (or whatever the heck we call them here) on getting to Regt and the spec ops medic pipeline.
68W Opt 40 most certainly is possible, as is every authorized MOS in the Regiment. Tell him it's just a matter of timing as the slots open and are filled daily.
Encourage him to follow this path, the community never has enough medics.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
SupplyRanger
Ranger

Post by SupplyRanger »

lonergr77 wrote:I've got a co-worker that is interested in joining the Army. And after listening to me and another former Ranger he wants to join regiment. He want's to be a combat medic though. I'm all for it and have encouraged him to go for it. He went to a recruiter today and they told him the you could not get a option 40 contract for a combat medic. Anyone know if this is true or not? I told him to talk to a different recruiter. We are in Fayetteville, NC and they were quick to offer the 18X contract. I'll get him on here as soon as I can.

Thanks in advance,
We have a ton of medics waiting to go to SOCM. They may not be taking any more. I will text a friend to find out.
Ranger School CL# 04-05
Terrible Ted
Ranger

Post by Terrible Ted »

There are currently a ton (about 40) medics at 1st Batt right now. They may not be offering contracts for them anymore.
A Co 1/75 1991-1995
1/75 2006-2009
Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

Terrible Ted wrote:There are currently a ton (about 40) medics at 1st Batt right now. They may not be offering contracts for them anymore.
Maybe not, doesn't jive with what I was told by a RASP NCO this week though.
SupplyRanger
Ranger

Post by SupplyRanger »

Spoke with Chuck and he said for the guy to volunteer in AIT. IDK about that but from what Chuck said, that's his best shot right now since they aren't giving contracts out. REGT did put a hold on contracts for Medics. Sorry for the late response, ANCOC takes up alot of my time. Gotta get back to class.
Ranger School CL# 04-05

Return to “Recruitment Process”