update on enlistment

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
42L5V
Ranger

Re: update on enlistment

Post by 42L5V »

Patience and persistance. In your case, a bit more of the latter. Let your recruiter know of your timeline, and check for updates every week or so. Eventually, he'll run dry of 18 year olds, and actually do the work to get you what you want. Be firm, be polite....
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

74ironhead wrote: I guess all I can do is email him 2 or 3 times a week and call once a week.
Around the end of the month, if he has not made quota, he may become more motivated.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Take a few deep breaths. Continue to contact your recruter every week. Be patient. Your recruiter can not control the speed at which law enforement agencies conduct requested checks and respond. In your next contact, ask your recruiter who is going to take over your enlistment when he departs.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

74ironhead wrote:
Jim wrote:
74ironhead wrote: I guess all I can do is email him 2 or 3 times a week and call once a week.
Around the end of the month, if he has not made quota, he may become more motivated.
Yea, that's the thing Ranger Jim, He leaves at the end of the month. He told me no worries though because all the hard work was done and the only thing that would be left to do is to drive me to meps to swear in.....He has made it clear He dosn't care recruiting and He cant wait to leave, this is what leads me to believe he is shuffling my paperwork to the bottom of the pile and hes giving me the run around.
I think that the one you should be looking at is your new recruiter. However, the reason you may be waiting is because you might need a waiver for your legal troubles or it takes a while to get police checks back in some places.

Get to the bottom of it with the current recruiters. Your old one is clearing and worried about his family, his PT, and a probable deployment as soon as he's back on the line.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

don't be a pussy..............................hold out for option 40
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

http://www.myspace.com/forcedentryrocks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Why would you sign a contract that doesn't contain what you want?
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Believe it or not, the time will come when it is 10, 20, 30 and 40 years from now. And everytime there is any talk about what you did in the Army, you will probably say "I was going to be a Ranger, but ______" and you'll fill in the blank with whatever.

OR

You go to MEPs and if they tell you there are no Ranger contracts available, you thank them for their time in a respectful and sincere manner and ask them to call you when a Ranger contract is available and you go home.

Don't take my word for it, read a few recent threads and you will see that a number of young men have done just that and got the Ranger contract they wanted. One just last week.

In the totality of your life, that 15K bonus and shipping right away will mean exactly squat. Becoming a Ranger will mean you never will have to say to yourself that you should have, could have or would have.

It's your life...
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group

Return to “Recruitment Process”