NEED to ship out early...

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
2DenY
Inprocessing

NEED to ship out early...

Post by 2DenY »

SFC Hit_It, Rangers, Veteran and DEPs, I really NEED to ship out earlier, because I am bound to get in trouble staying here, and I don’t need that. The longer I stay here the more of a chance that I will step on my dick somehow. My recruiter is out of town, and gets back on Monday, before he gets back I want to at least know my options. Maybe ship out and be in Hold and do detail work till my basic class starts? I understand that I am no were in what I want to be in my physical…but better now then never. Maybe at MEPS some DEP would have dropped their slot? I know this is a dumbass thing to do, but I have no other options.
Jan2009 - Dec2012 1/75
RS 02-11

Group with the motivated
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

You're asking us to advise you on a drama-based decision.

My advice is fuck off until you have some realistic inquiries.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
2DenY
Inprocessing

Post by 2DenY »

In all due respects Ranger, its drama based… not to come of as a whiny bitch, but sometimes drama queen shit are important. I need to get the fuck out of here before I get hotheaded and fuck up. So i need to know if there is a way.
Jan2009 - Dec2012 1/75
RS 02-11

Group with the motivated
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

Or you could just have a little fucking self control
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
42L5V
Ranger

Post by 42L5V »

Do you think that you'll improve yourself by running away whenever a situation gets bad?

Smells like quit to me.
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

You are running away from something and not running toward something, and there is a big difference. I don't know your circmustances, but you are only talking about 60 days... That's 60 days to improve your level of physical fitness and prepare yourself for success. Your recruiter will most likely be able to arrange for a sooner ship date, perhaps within a couple of weeks, but that may well come at the expense of not having a contract with your choice of MOS, Airborne and RIP. In other words, you'll get what they need to fill now. Of course, you can volunteer for Airborne and RIP as you complete your initial entry training, but that will be a long shot. Good luck to you, and I do mean luck, becasue you will be rolling the dice with your future. Let us know how things go with your recruiter.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
2DenY
Inprocessing

Post by 2DenY »

Quit? Ranger 42L5V, I am not going to throw “I will never quitâ€
Jan2009 - Dec2012 1/75
RS 02-11

Group with the motivated
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Here's the way I see it. You want to be a Ranger...... but are you sure the Rangers are the right fit for you right now?

Here's how to find out.
Read the Ranger creed. Then memorize it. Then start living it every day. NOW.

Whatever problems you have, FIX them. Don't hide or run away from them. Deal with them. If you can't handle the stress of what's already on your table, don't think for a minute that you can handle the additional stress of being a Ranger.

I'll tell you right now the Rangers are not looking for a man with anger management issues or an itchy trigger finger or those prone to poor decision management skills. All of this will be evaluated at RIP.

They are looking for young men that are more mature and more responsible than their peers. Men who are able to handle stress and not crack under pressure. This also will be evaluated at RIP.

Which of these two groups do you feel you right now fall into? And why?

If you still think you have what it takes to be a Ranger, then prove it now to yourself and others before you join, by taking the high road and pulling yourself up by your own bootstraps.
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Go live with Gramma in Pheonix.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
2DenY
Inprocessing

Post by 2DenY »

Running away from my problems?...Rangers as you all might know I am from the piss Sand box, I know all about problems, EVERY day, and shit I am still here no?..., I guess this whole thread was not taken the way it was meant to be, I just wanted to know if there is anyyyyyway to leave for the Army earlier, but it’s all good. This is just the internet; you cannot assume about someone personality or whatnot by post, right? So with much respect and thank you for taking time to reply to a DEP-shit post.
Jan2009 - Dec2012 1/75
RS 02-11

Group with the motivated
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

I would watch your tone if I were you. This "internet" has people in it who can fuck you up the minute you hit ground at Benning and everyday during what's left of your military career thereafter.

We may be screen names to you right now; I assure you we are VERY FUCKING REAL. Expect to see us very soon.

I tell you like this. If there is a situation that is going to have you doing stupid shit, AVOID IT. Keep your ass in the gym or on the run routes. Get some pussy when you need, but otherwise stay you ass out of the limelight. 60 days ain't shit. You see how quickly it goes by on your first real world deployment.

Unless there is some risk of physical harm (to you or your family) you should not be thinking about fucking with your contract.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
2DenY
Inprocessing

Post by 2DenY »

hit_it wrote:I would watch your tone if I were you. This "internet" has people in it who can fuck you up the minute you hit ground at Benning and everyday during what's left of your military career thereafter.

We may be screen names to you right now; I assure you we are VERY FUCKING REAL. Expect to see us very soon.

I tell you like this. If there is a situation that is going to have you doing stupid shit, AVOID IT. Keep your ass in the gym or on the run routes. Get some pussy when you need, but otherwise stay you ass out of the limelight. 60 days ain't shit. You see how quickly it goes by on your first real world deployment.

Unless there is some risk of physical harm (to you or your family) you should not be thinking about fucking with your contract.
I apologize if it came out that I had a tone or came out wrong, I have the outmost respect for Military personal. But you do not understand, the situation that I am in, I need to know if there is away I can ship out earlier, if not then its fine. Shutting the fuck up, before this train derails.
Jan2009 - Dec2012 1/75
RS 02-11

Group with the motivated
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

you haven't given us much to go on. I don't care that you haven't. unless someone is hunting you, to do grievous physical harm, it sounds like you are running from a problem. and if they are, do they have good reason and are you right for the Army? if you are wanting to do some harm to someone else, exercise some self-discipline.

if it's any other issue, either exercise some self-discipline and stay out of it, or deal with it, like an adult. that means no violence.

if you can't do any of that, remove yourself. move. go somewhere else. 60 days ain't nothing like Hit_it said.

kind of the same message over and over again from us huh? how many times you gunna say, "but I'm special, someone tell me what I want to hear."
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long

Return to “Recruitment Process”