MEPS incident

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

The second doctor needs to write a letter stating that IN HIS MEDICAL OPINION the rash was not excema.

Have the recruiter submit that to MEPS and then hope that USAREC will let you enlist without needing a medical waiver.

It's a long shot, sorry. If I had know about this before you went to the first doctor, that one could have written the letter and then it would have been over quickly. Now, you will be fighting to clear your name.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

Post back here with what happens next.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Just to put things into perspective, MEPS has a total of four physicians who are responsible for granting waivers. My contacts advise that they try to be supportive, but they are professional.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
bulldogg
Tadpole

Post by bulldogg »

Ranger Jim, to clarify, is that a total of four physicians for the entire system or four per MEPS location?
USA/87-89/91A
USAR/91-93/91E
INARNG/93-95/44B
"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam"
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

bulldogg wrote:Ranger Jim, to clarify, is that a total of four physicians for the entire system or four per MEPS location?
He means at that particular MEPS. Each MEPS has between 2-5 doctors who work there on a rotating schedule.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
bulldogg
Tadpole

Post by bulldogg »

SFC Hit It, thank you for clarifying.
USA/87-89/91A
USAR/91-93/91E
INARNG/93-95/44B
"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam"
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

Over two years after my introduction, I finally achieved DEP status. My request for the 11X Option 40 was denied due to the fact that I have a medical waiver (for a condition that I do not have). After 6 hours of debate, phone calls, and being put in a room with 2 recruiters trying to convince me to sign a standard 11X contract with no airborne, I signed my Option 40. I ship to Ft. Benning on the 16th of August, 2007. I would like to thank all of the Rangers and members of the Armed Forces of this site that have guided me and provided me with the information I need to succeed.

Option 40 secured.
Great News!

Well, at least you didn't let them feed you any bullshit.

I take it having the doctors statements helped? :wink:
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

[quote="ZeroSix"]SFC Hit_it

The MEPS doctor seems to have completely ignored the second opinion that I submitted. The note did make its way into my medical file but the Doc determined that I was permanently disqualified regardless. I received a medical waiver for my non-existent eczema based off of the first opinion. The second note did eventually come into play during a phone conversation my MEPS liaison had when the man on the other line said, “hell, if he doesn’t have eczema based off of the other opinion let him jump!â€
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg

Return to “Recruitment Process”