I need some advise

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Dumb@$$
Embryo

I need some advise

Post by Dumb@$$ »

Ok, heres my problem. Last march around the 17 I took the ASVAB with my high school. I got a 55. Well then I took it again at my Vo-Tech school about the 27th of march. At the time I didn't know about the 30 day wait period. But on that one I got a 69. Well I was reading the qualifications in the FAQs about the Opt. 40. Needing a 55 QT and a GT of 110. Well on the one i got a 55 on, I have a GT of 102. I still have about 6 months before I go to BCT. Should I re-take the ASVAB and try to get higher or what should I do?
Dumb@$$
Embryo

Post by Dumb@$$ »

Well, I asked my recruiter what to do about this. The question was brought up before, because I know I can do better. Well he said to me that he wouldn't recomend it. For the fact that if I do worse, what then. I still want to go through with it, I want the Opt. 40. Any advise on the matter would be of great help.
With determination and initiative you can do anything.
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

How about DOING SOME FUCKIN PUSHUPS until we get tired of watchin you. It’s obvious that your brain is oxygen deprived and your score is droppin fast

Your score may not change but lets make one thing perfectly clear, you'll never make it to Bn taking a written test. :evil:
Dumb@$$
Embryo

Post by Dumb@$$ »

Bugsy wrote:Your score may not change but lets make one thing perfectly clear, you'll never make it to Bn taking a written test. :evil:
Ranger Bugsy, I understand that I will not make it from just a written test. It's just I can't get an Opt. 40 unless i retake the ASVAB. I've been told that I can volunteer later for it, but having the Opt. 40 gives me the security of knowing that I HAVE a chance.
With determination and initiative you can do anything.
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

:roll:
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

Dumb@$$ wrote:
Bugsy wrote:Your score may not change but lets make one thing perfectly clear, you'll never make it to Bn taking a written test. :evil:
Ranger Bugsy, I understand that I will not make it from just a written test. It's just I can't get an Opt. 40 unless i retake the ASVAB. I've been told that I can volunteer later for it, but having the Opt. 40 gives me the security of knowing that I HAVE a chance.
JUST
SHUT
THE
FUCK UP
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister

Return to “Recruitment Process”