Rangers vs. Recon

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Beaushadow
Egg

Rangers vs. Recon

Post by Beaushadow »

Hey guys, right now Iam 17 a Jr. in high school. I am a wrestler and I am in MCROTC at Seneca High school in Louisville, KY. My whole life I have dreamed of being in Spec-Ops. I was planing on doing the 18x contract but recently they changed the enlistment age from 18-20, man I was upset. So I have looked at 11x Option 40, and that seems like a great plan too. But of course everyone in my ROTC programe says go Marine Force Recon. I know both are great units, but my ultimite goal is CAG. And I know that they rect. from Seals, Rangers, SF, Recon, ect, but mostly from SF and Rangers. My Sgt. Maj also says the the Army compared to the Marines arnt as elite, dicsiplined, and that the Army doesn't have as much pride as the Marines do. I was just wondering if anyone could help me out on this.

Thanks, Beau Gadegaard
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Sure, I'll help you out - Go Coast Guard.
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

So...many....things.....to...say....must....not....kill......baby, wannabe jarhead......fuck......this is going to be tough......

Look kid, you just came on to an Army Ranger website and straight up tell us that, in your Sergeant Majors opinion, we're a non-elite, undisciplined mob. Let me tell you something. Fuck you and fuck your Sergeant Major. If you want to truly be elite and not not some bullet sponge, cannon fodder, become a Ranger. We have much respect fro the Corps, but you're not a Marine and in no way are entitled to that respect. So here's the deal. Become what you want to be. SEAL, CAG, Group, Ranger, Force Recon, whatever. I don't give a fuck. But you need to read the FAQ's, do alot of reading, lose the attitude and stop fucking posting until you have something intelligent to say.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
Hoover
Ranger

Post by Hoover »

With out a doubt..........Go Coast Guard. :roll:
2/75 C Co. 81-84
Ranger Class 14-82
"Cry Havoc Let Slip The Dogs of War"
1st SPWAR Tng Bn (Abn) USAJFKSWCS 87'
RLTW !
Mentor to J.P. Deepwater
RIP Class 02-07
Ranger Class 09-07
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

You should probably join an airsoft team to get a feel for what it's like.

After that, there are a number of openings for the elite underwater messkit repair unit.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Joedan
Embryo

Post by Joedan »

PM inbound.
SkyShark
US Army Vet (Airborne)

Post by SkyShark »

I'm thinking Coast Guars Reserve.
It's all good.
Table of Elements Skater
Future Soldier

Post by Table of Elements Skater »

Are you serious? Read my damn PM.
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

What I'm wondering is why you would come to a Ranger site and ask who's better? I would expect a Marine Force Recon site/forum (if there is one) would say that they're better than us. We are the fuckin elite without a doubt! I can tell you that I just so happened to go to Ranger School with 2 guys from Force Recon one guy made it the other QUIT during City Week, is that to say that Force Recon soldiers ain't about shit...........No! But plenty of people want to be a Ranger, very few have the character to do so.

There are good soldiers in every SOCOM unit in our Armed Forces, but to say we're second class to the Marines or somehow lessor than them and come into our house as if it might be true is total bullshit. Do some fuckin research on Rangers, our motto of Rangers Lead the Way was EARNED BY OUR EXAMPLE AND DEMONSTRATION OF GOING FURTHER AND FIGHTING HARDER THAN ANY OTHER SOLDIER!!!

That's not a bullshit, that's the truth!!!
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

So do you habitually come into someones house and shit on the coffie table ?

Move out assclown, we have no time for you.
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
Mitch
Ranger

Re: Rangers vs. Recon

Post by Mitch »

Beaushadow wrote:Hey guys, right now Iam 17 a Jr. in high school... My whole life I have dreamed of being in Spec-Ops. I was planing on...
When I was 17 all I dreamed of was trying to score and get some beer.
First I find out that the towel heads are hijacking the greatest American TV show of all time then the french are stealing housecats from little girls in Wisconsin, now this. Wait a minute beau sounds french. Is it french? Are you a frenchie sent here to steal our tv shows and cats?

17, high school, nice try frenchie. I see right through your little ruse.

qwehjqwerf
RHQ 94-96, HHC 1/75 96-00
RS 12-95

Return to “Recruitment Process”