Questions about communication and graduation..

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
jduclos4
USAF

Questions about communication and graduation..

Post by jduclos4 »

First, I am not sure what the difference between RASP and Ranger School is..looks like you go thru RASP and then Ranger school? I live in an Air Force world, so I am pretty ignorant outside that.

Communication wise...I have read at the end of each phase they get an 8 hour pass? Is this true? What about at the end of the first week? Do they let them call at the end of the first week, to get his address maybe? I have read so many different things I am just trying to get the answer, how it is right now..

Also, graduation. I read from a post back in like 2011 they had 2 12 hour passes the Wed and Thurs before graduation. Is this still true, or is it just Friday morning and then that is it?

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated on anything, so in case when I do talk to him, I can pass it on. I am most worried about him getting injured, he is a little bit older then some fresh meat guys. But mentally, his head is definitely in the game. Thanks in advance.

J
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Re: Questions about communication and graduation..

Post by KW Driver »

He probably won't have time to talk between city week and Darby phase, at Benning. His 8 hour passes will be between Benning phase, mountain phase, and swamps/Florida phases.

He should be able to send out his mailing address at some point, the question will be to who he sends it, mom, you, both... You can go onto Ft Benning's web page, then under units, look for RTB. That's a good primer, and you should be able to get at least a shell of his address that way. I can't speak to what kind of time off they get prior to graduation, but it sounds about right.

RASP is a selection program to join the 75th Ranger Regiment (a tactical unit), and Ranger school is run by the Infantry Center (Maneuver Center of Excellence), a training command.

The Regiment and the school are apples and monkeys, similar names, completely different animals. While you have to be a Ranger school graduate to hold many duty positions within the Regiment, they are completely different animals.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long

Return to “About Ranger School - In Honor of Ranger BattleBoar - RIP”