New Roadmarch

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
brewerrs
US Army

New Roadmarch

Post by brewerrs »

So my Captain that is in charge of our Ranger slots here at BOLC said that they aren't doing the 16 mile road march to Darby anymore?

For now it has been replaced by a 12 mile in 2:24? Any validations to this? I feel like this is tougher. Could be good.
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Re: New Roadmarch

Post by K.Ingraham »

Why would you even care?
Consider this excerp from "True Believer", a little ditty about the opfor:

"He doesn't know what his rucksack weighs, it is what it is. He doesn't worry about how far there is to go. He will stop running when you stop chasing him".

Get into the best shape you can and then do your best. Deal with it as it comes. That's all there is to it.
Last edited by K.Ingraham on March 14th, 2011, 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Lefty
Rest In Peace | Ranger Advisor BDQ

Post by Lefty »

Zonk 1/75 wrote:
ZoneIV wrote:
K.Ingraham wrote:Why would you even care?
X2........just take things as they come. I didn't know anything prior to RS except there were three phases. When I showed up, I found out there was a fourth one just added.....the old desert phase.
Real classes had a desert phase......... The ones that did not have not finished yet. 8)
I had a 72 hr. break between Florida phase and the fourth phase, the live fire jungle phase........
RLTW
Lefty
SFOC 1969
6th SFG(A) 69-70
Ranger Class 13-70
MACV Tm 21 70-71 (2nd ARVN Ranger Gp 23d
BN)
2/13 Armor 1st Cav 71-72

"Experience teaches a dear school, but fools will learn in no other, and some scarce in that"
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

Zonk 1/75 wrote:
ZoneIV wrote:
K.Ingraham wrote:Why would you even care?
X2........just take things as they come. I didn't know anything prior to RS except there were three phases. When I showed up, I found out there was a fourth one just added.....the old desert phase.
Real classes had a desert phase......... The ones that did not have not finished yet. 8)
Real classes had a live ambush against British dragoons while living in a swamp. Everything else has been an easy class.
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
Elguapo
Ranger

Post by Elguapo »

They'll tell you before hand. But does it matter? Just keep going till you cross the finish line.
USAR 04-05
TXARNG 05-Present

OEF 08-09
HOA '12

RS 5-10
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Lefty wrote: I had a 72 hr. break between Florida phase and the fourth phase, the live fire jungle phase........
Karl, mine was reversed. Live-fire popup target for 37 months and then Ranger School. When I got my Tab, Moose Yon, who commanded the Mountain Camp asked which was worse, Viet-Nam or Ranger School?
My answer was Ranger School is much worse because if you fuck-up in Viet-Nam, you could die -- but if you fuck-up in Ranger School you ger recycled.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Lefty
Rest In Peace | Ranger Advisor BDQ

Post by Lefty »

Jim wrote:
Lefty wrote: I had a 72 hr. break between Florida phase and the fourth phase, the live fire jungle phase........
Karl, mine was reversed. Live-fire popup target for 37 months and then Ranger School. When I got my Tab, Moose Yon, who commanded the Mountain Camp asked which was worse, Viet-Nam or Ranger School?
My answer was Ranger School is much worse because if you fuck-up in Viet-Nam, you could die -- but if you fuck-up in Ranger School you ger recycled.
"As a company commander in combat....crawling around in the mud with an enemy machine gun hammering over my head....the crotch ripped out of my uniform......constipated....hungry....huge bug bites under my eyes....exhausted with days of intermittent sleep....I could always comfort myself by saying....it could be worse...I could be back in Ranger School" Gen. Barry McCaffrey
RLTW
Lefty
SFOC 1969
6th SFG(A) 69-70
Ranger Class 13-70
MACV Tm 21 70-71 (2nd ARVN Ranger Gp 23d
BN)
2/13 Armor 1st Cav 71-72

"Experience teaches a dear school, but fools will learn in no other, and some scarce in that"
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

I got to kiss my wife and daughter on the graduation field, and talk to them for 5 minutes, while two of my SPC's told me to hurry up. BN had been on lock down for a day or so, and it took BC approval to come get me.

15 minutes after graduation I was on the zero range confirming zero on my weapon.

1hr after graduation I was PCI-ing my equipment that the boys had picked up from my house and washed because it was covered in mud from Pre-RGR. I had to make up a few items from those non-deploying.

5 hours after graduation I was doing a Bluebird infil, the final BN rehearsal, my first.

24hrs after graduation I was in the ISB, drawing my ammo load and chute.

about 52 hours after graduation I was in a 141, just about to rig and take off. other chalks were rolling. the 82nd's package was in the air.

we got a 24 hr weather hold that turned into a scrubbed mission. turns out Jimmie Carter owes me a mustard stain, and that was my Haitian vacation. 10 days in an ISB, then back home.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
fatboy
Ranger

Post by fatboy »

Zonk 1/75 wrote:Real classes had a desert phase......... The ones that did not have not finished yet. 8)
I did the desert phase at a regional campus- I had so much fun that I spent 30 months finding IED's by explosions and chasing the guys in the man-jammies. Very Realistic training...
RS 07 and 08-01 (I took the long tour in Florida)

1-508 ABCT
1-327IN
101st Pathfinder DS1
Iraqi Freedom 03-04, 05-06, 07-08
jroc012
Egg

Post by jroc012 »

RoadMarch is 12 miles under 3 hours
Worldweaver
Ranger

Post by Worldweaver »

Post an intro...

Oh, and you're incorrect.

RLTW
Go Tell the Spartans, stranger passing by, that here obedient to their laws we lie.
--Simonides

Bco. 1/75 2006-2010
RS 06-08
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

KW Driver wrote:I got to kiss my wife and daughter on the graduation field, and talk to them for 5 minutes, while two of my SPC's told me to hurry up. BN had been on lock down for a day or so, and it took BC approval to come get me.

15 minutes after graduation I was on the zero range confirming zero on my weapon.

1hr after graduation I was PCI-ing my equipment that the boys had picked up from my house and washed because it was covered in mud from Pre-RGR. I had to make up a few items from those non-deploying.

5 hours after graduation I was doing a Bluebird infil, the final BN rehearsal, my first.

24hrs after graduation I was in the ISB, drawing my ammo load and chute.

about 52 hours after graduation I was in a 141, just about to rig and take off. other chalks were rolling. the 82nd's package was in the air.

we got a 24 hr weather hold that turned into a scrubbed mission. turns out Jimmie Carter owes me a mustard stain, and that was my Haitian vacation. 10 days in an ISB, then back home.
Jimmie Carter has to sit to piss. I knew we would never get to the big show with him as President.
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

Return to “About Ranger School - In Honor of Ranger BattleBoar - RIP”