Failed Land Nav

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

I will have to tell Stanley or Dewitt to be tougher on you then!
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

http://www.myspace.com/forcedentryrocks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Did anyone else catch the part with the Wiley-X Eyepro? That alone, that single statement shows you the guy is more focused on everything else.

Zaknafien....what happend to you?
IDon'tCare
Ranger

Post by IDon'tCare »

How about running in boots?...
A co 2/75 80-84
Ranger class 12-82
SERE Instructor class 1-83

Mentor to Prodigy922 / KW12 / whiskeytango
502in62

Post by 502in62 »

HAR wrote:How about running in boots?...
Is there any other way? :)
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

502in62 wrote:
HAR wrote:How about running in boots?...
Is there any other way? :)
Barefoot....DUH!
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
airbornepog
Embryo

Post by airbornepog »

In the guys defense, as an armor officer, he probably didnt do shit for land nav. Land nav is a skill, and like most skills, it takes practice to get good at. That being said, why the hell would you go to school without being refreshed and proficient in all the skills? Here in regiment they make all of the pre ranger guys do all of the basic events before they even get to go to pre ranger, so we dont have people like this. It also is great for all us RSC guys cause we get to go practice the events with them every class.......that CWST is a motherfucker! I am a decent swimmer, and I was a big no-go on my 1st 15 meter attempt. I started out doing ok, but then realized I wasnt moving very far, panicked, and swam harder and faster, which smoked me, then I sank like a rock. The 2nd time I calmed down, and made it, although it smoked the shit out of me. The point is, I can somewhat understand some armor officer underestimating the course and showing up unprepared.
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

You know what? The RSC guys are starting to sound alot like the SF support guys. Act hard, talk hard, try to look hard but are far from hard. We all know what a "motherfucker" the CWST is. :roll:
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
airbornepog
Embryo

Post by airbornepog »

hey ranger, i dont talk hard or act hard......ive never swam with clothes and boots on before........its not quite the same. And BTW I passed the cwst. A lot of rangers around here say it smoked them too.....Yeah, it smoked me, and you know what else? Im gonna get my tab.....it just takes work and determination
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Let me tell you something bud. Don't ever address me as "hey ranger" again. You'd need watch your mouth.
2/75 97-00

75th RRA
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

airbornepog wrote:hey ranger, i dont talk hard or act hard......ive never swam with clothes and boots on before........its not quite the same. And BTW I passed the cwst. A lot of rangers around here say it smoked them too.....Yeah, it smoked me, and you know what else? Im gonna get my tab.....it just takes work and determination
You have been a problem since day 1!

I bet 85% of your posts have some sort of smartass comment in them!

SHUT THE FUCK UP ASSWIPE!!!
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

you're a fucking tool pouge-boy.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
airbornepog
Embryo

Post by airbornepog »

ok now I remember why I stopped posting on this board.......maybe ill stop by in another 3 months.
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

airbornepog wrote:ok now I remember why I stopped posting on this board.......maybe ill stop by in another 3 months.
So when you get that big NO GO at Ranger school you’ll just say “I’ll be back in three monthsâ€
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
The Holmchicken
Ranger

airbornepog wrote:ok now I remember why I stopped posting on this board.......maybe ill stop by in another 3 months.
You know what? Maybe you should stop posting........permanently. You've got a huge attitude. You are not in Regiment. You are not a Ranger. And with an attitude like yours, you're never going to be. Had you gone to Group instead of Regiment, I think you would still be the same. You enjoy the proximity and protection of high-speed units, yet have no understanding of the culture you are supporting. So yes, don't post anymore. You don't belong here. You never have and YOU NEVER WILL.
2/75 97-00

75th RRA
Goog
Ranger

Post by Goog »

airbornepog wrote:.......that CWST is a motherfucker! I am a decent swimmer, and I was a big no-go on my 1st 15 meter attempt. I started out doing ok, but then realized I wasnt moving very far, panicked, and swam harder and faster, which smoked me, then I sank like a rock.
SEA PIG!!!!!!!!!!!!
90-94 A co 3/75 RGR Regt (2plt/HQ/Wpns)
94-97 75th RGR Regt (Pre-RGR)
Graduated Ranger Class 2-92 "Merrills Marauder"

Return to “About Ranger School - In Honor of Ranger BattleBoar - RIP”