Darby 8 Hour Pass Questions

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
Elguapo
Ranger

Re: Darby 8 Hour Pass Questions

Post by Elguapo »

As of April, you get picked up right outside camp for the pass. No students are allowed to drive. So don't get caught. We had an 8 hour pass; I was surprised how fast it flew by. I spent my time making a care package for my Ranger buddy who got recycled. And eating like 50 Snickers bars. Mmmmm.
USAR 04-05
TXARNG 05-Present

OEF 08-09
HOA '12

RS 5-10
Buzz
Ranger

Post by Buzz »

There used to be a place you could drop your laundry and they would do it for you, then we would go strait to some restraunt that had an all you could eat seafood buffet, the only thing I can remember about it is that after we finished eating my stomach would be so full I could never stand up strait. Back then the students could still use their cars during the breaks and it was helpful to be friendly with the new LT's as most of them had a ride in the parking lot.
2nd squad-1st plt-C 2/75 77-78
RS 4-78

The way I became a Ranger and have earned the small amount of success I have had in life has been mostly due to one quality - determination. Lefty.
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Post by centermass »

Buzz wrote:There used to be a place you could drop your laundry and they would do it for you, then we would go strait to some restraunt that had an all you could eat seafood buffet, the only thing I can remember about it is that after we finished eating my stomach would be so full I could never stand up strait. Back then the students could still use their cars during the breaks and it was helpful to be friendly with the new LT's as most of them had a ride in the parking lot.

Crystals if I'm not mistaken....it was always the first place everyone hit before the next priority of work went into effect:

1. Eat

2. Eat

3. Eat

4. Vomit

5. Eat again

6. Dessert

7. Pick up Laundry

8. Eat some more

9. Haul ass to formation

Watch latecomers get smoked or dropped

Food coma shortly thereafter
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.
HunterS
Egg

Post by HunterS »

I am new here. I mainly came because, while not a Ranger,
I support the Army. I just had a question I've not been able
to find an answer to. I hope this is the right venue to find
out, it's hard to figure.

Regarding DARBY QUEEN...

I fully understand and appreciate Darby.
But WHY is "Queen" used as a term?

I've never gotten a solid answer on this...

Can someone answer this?

Thank you.

--------------

In Massachusetts.
New here. Not a Ranger.
Supportive of Rangers.

"When Going Through Hell, Keep Going!" -- Winston Churchill
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Post by centermass »

HunterS wrote:I am new here. I mainly came because, while not a Ranger,
I support the Army. I just had a question I've not been able
to find an answer to. I hope this is the right venue to find
out, it's hard to figure.

Regarding DARBY QUEEN...

I fully understand and appreciate Darby.
But WHY is "Queen" used as a term?

I've never gotten a solid answer on this...

Can someone answer this?

Thank you.

--------------

In Massachusetts.
New here. Not a Ranger.
Supportive of Rangers.

"When Going Through Hell, Keep Going!" -- Winston Churchill

OK, deep breath-

Read the following (Again) http://forum.armyranger.com/viewtopic.p ... 41#p663241" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is the 2nd time you've posted the SAME EXACT QUESTION without posting an INTRODUCTION.

Follow the requests and the rules here and you may recover nicely.

Guess we'll see.
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.
scar
Ranger

Post by scar »

Rangerguru wrote:From the end of 99 until the middle of 04 the 8 hour break from Camp Darby took place at Camp Rogers and students could be picked up by either family or a cab. Vehicles were not allowed to be driven by students and therefore, vehicles that they brought to Ranger School, remained in the secure parking lot. Any students caught driving could be dropped from the course. The only thing that I know about the break in Mountains and Florida, is that they were conducted at there locations with the exception of maybe Christmas break, then the recycles would come back to Camp Rogers prior to going on leave and some sort of break was possible. It is probably operated the same way today, but as Ranger Silverback previously stated, call Senior Tac and confirm.
This is still true, there is no break in Mountains, an RI will walk your Plt down to a little shoppette and you can buy things to refit before jumping into Florida, the break after Florida is when you get back to Camp Rogers, I dont remember how long it is, but you only get it once you are done cleaning and turning all your stuff into CIF
3/75 C 1-1

RS 01-10

Return to “About Ranger School - In Honor of Ranger BattleBoar - RIP”