Record of RS attendees?

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Record of RS attendees?

Post by Jim »

JohnDowland wrote:Strong Ranger....
Earning the tab was not an option. I wanted that Tab more than anything at that moment. The pastor said it correctly; "I'm not the way I am because I'm a Ranger -- I'm a Ranger because that's the way I am."
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
dbmtrman
Ranger

Post by dbmtrman »

panthersix wrote:Couple of tips, don't give rumors any credibility and don't think too much or you will be sowing the seeds of defeat. My attitude adjustment speech, while short, is that going and graduating from RS is a black/white decision. Sometimes its good to have more balls than brains :)
What he said. Besides they can only smoke you, they can't kill you. While it often sucks, it will give you good memories that you will take with you for the rest of your life. I still have vivid memories of Ranger School that seem like they just happened a week ago. An the suck doesn't seem to suck as much anymore. Its one thing you will be proud of for the rest of your life. Just drive the fuck on.
RLTW!
RS 4/85
B Co. 1/75 84-86, HAAF
HQ 11 SFG (USAR) 86-87

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel
MarineRanger
Ranger

Post by MarineRanger »

So if you have an asterisk next to your name , you're not going to go? ..... really.
USMC 77-81
STA 2/9 3rd
Fox 2/9 3rd
RS 8-80 (5-4)
LJ_602
Ranger

Post by LJ_602 »

Went in Feb of 2010 and got dropped for showing up sick.

Went back in June and got pulled out of the 15 mile ruck to Camp Darby and dropped.

Went back in Aug and ran off the road duing the RPFT and got a day one, hung around for 3 weeks started over again and made it all the way to Florida and recycled Florida.

I probly had 2 or 3 asterisks by my name. Like I gave a damn. There are like 4 green cards with my name on them, but the 4th one says GRADUATED.
USS George Washington 97-00
HC-2 SAR 00-01
C CO 2-505 PIR 82nd ABN current
Ranger Class 1-11

Return to “About Ranger School - In Honor of Ranger BattleBoar - RIP”