Oldest To Go Through Ranger School

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
NG_11B30
Embryo

Question for RI's

Post by NG_11B30 »

Do they make it any easier on foreign military officers that go through Ranger school?

Reason I ask is that there is this Polish officer who was in the GROM, he wears a Ranger Tab, some of the GROM guys I know say words to the effect that he's not the best example of fortitude, and they wonder how he got his Ranger tab.
*NOT* a Ranger. 1st AD/ 101st ABN/ 41st BDE.
EvilCouch
Ranger

Re: Question for RI's

Post by EvilCouch »

NG_11B30 wrote:Do they make it any easier on foreign military officers that go through Ranger school?

Reason I ask is that there is this Polish officer who was in the GROM, he wears a Ranger Tab, some of the GROM guys I know say words to the effect that he's not the best example of fortitude, and they wonder how he got his Ranger tab.
I heard a Joe rumor that some foreign nationals went to school and boloed and that his unit executed him for being a failure. The rumor goes on to say that the US has never failed another foreign national since.

Don't know how true it is, though. Like I said, it was a Joe rumor.
Clueless Joe(Sand hill): May 98 - May 99
Tabless Bitch (Bco 3/75): May 99 - May 01
REMF (11th Regt): May 01 - Feb 04
Leg Team/Squad leader (HHC 1-503, 2ID, OIF): Feb 04 - Dec 05
World's worst webcomic
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

I didn't have a foreign officer in my Ranger class, but in other courses, it sure seemed that they were on a different grading curve.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

I heard a Joe rumor that some foreign nationals went to school and boloed and that his unit executed him for being a failure. The rumor goes on to say that the US has never failed another foreign national since.

Don't know how true it is, though. Like I said, it was a Joe rumor.
Some good discussion on that topic here:

http://www.armyranger.com/bb/viewtopic. ... ger+school
RangerTatu
Inprocessing

Re: Oldest To Go Through Ranger School

Post by RangerTatu »

I don't know about no-gos, but my TAC officer when I went in 78 told he kicked Morrell in the back of the head in the POW compound and told us where to look for the scar when we got back to battalion.

I'm not too proud to say that this young PFC didn't have the balls to walk into the CSM's office and ask to see the scar!

I can still hear him.....

"Rangers, you're trying to piss up a goddamn rope! I've been in the goddamn Army 22 goddamn years and I've never seen anybody piss up a goddamn rope!"

Not only did they kick him in the head, they did a number on his ribs - I was in his class and as the highest ranking non-com in the course he got a lot of "attention" - I think he had two cracked ribs but hid it from everyone as he did not want to get sent back or wash out.

He was not the SMA at the time - he was assigned to a Ranger unit and had to get his tab or he wanted his tab to be assigned to a Ranger unit - he was quite the leader - officers and enlisted alike looked up to him - most of the class was 20 years younger than he was
Ranger Class 4-77
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

A courtesy 1st post is to be an introduction.

Ranger - you are a NOGO at this station.

RangerTatu wrote:I don't know about no-gos, but my TAC officer when I went in 78 told he kicked Morrell in the back of the head in the POW compound and told us where to look for the scar when we got back to battalion.

I'm not too proud to say that this young PFC didn't have the balls to walk into the CSM's office and ask to see the scar!

I can still hear him.....

"Rangers, you're trying to piss up a goddamn rope! I've been in the goddamn Army 22 goddamn years and I've never seen anybody piss up a goddamn rope!"

Not only did they kick him in the head, they did a number on his ribs - I was in his class and as the highest ranking non-com in the course he got a lot of "attention" - I think he had two cracked ribs but hid it from everyone as he did not want to get sent back or wash out.

He was not the SMA at the time - he was assigned to a Ranger unit and had to get his tab or he wanted his tab to be assigned to a Ranger unit - he was quite the leader - officers and enlisted alike looked up to him - most of the class was 20 years younger than he was
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Mwalimu
Ranger

Post by Mwalimu »

Interesting.

I'd like to know if there is a list of those who died in RS. There were two in my class, must have been late Aug 68, killed by lighting. One was Bowden, a shake and bake. I posted a story about him and Campbell, a marine who had stored his class A's in Bowden's locker.

Another was an older guy named Anderson, from 12th SFGA out of LA, maybe 74 or 75. He was in his late 30s as I recall. I've never been able to verify this so this might be just a rumor that I latched onto.

Return to “About Ranger School - In Honor of Ranger BattleBoar - RIP”