Dealing with sleep deprivation

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
Creeping Death
Ranger

Post by Creeping Death »

You shouldn't be worrying about this right now, but since you asked:

1. Either dip the coffee packet like snuff or throw back the grounds and chase it with water, drinking it it one shot.

2. Tie or bungee cord your knife around your chest - point up. When you drone, and your head falls, you will poke yourself under the chin and wake yourself up.

3. Know when it is a physical thing and a mental thing. When it is physical, tell your squad, so they can police you. (Read: when your mind wants to keep going, but your body is saying fuck off, tell your buddies so they can smack the living shit out of you when you start to fall asleep).

4. And lastly, when all else fails, do what every good Ranger would do. Beat off.

Everyone is different, but these worked for me.
A Co 1/75 '94-'97
Class 5-96
Morris0352
Ranger

Post by Morris0352 »

aaa
Last edited by Morris0352 on February 18th, 2009, 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Creeping Death
Ranger

Post by Creeping Death »

Hey, don't laugh. Have you ever fell asleep while trying to rub one out? I didn't think so.

A buddy of mine got a Major + in Florida phase for beating off. The RI caught him and asked him what in the Hell he was doing, and my buddy told him that he was trying to stay awake. The RI laughed his ass off. Major +.
A Co 1/75 '94-'97
Class 5-96
Morris0352
Ranger

Post by Morris0352 »

aaa
Last edited by Morris0352 on February 18th, 2009, 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RangerDC

No more tobacco

Post by RangerDC »

Dipping coffee? I never did that, but didn't have to I guess. From what I have heard they don't allow any tobacco products in Ranger school anymore.

When I was in Ranger school tobacco was allowed and really expected. It cut done on hunger and helped to keep you awake. I had a buddy from Batt. that would chew, dip and smoke at the same time...it was the nastiest crap I had ever seen, but it worked for him I guess.
Rgr_MindRiot

Post by Rgr_MindRiot »

The coffee technique works well, it comes in your rats and you dont have to worry about using it anytime you feel groggy ie Fl phase.....good luck.
VEGA175

Post by VEGA175 »

Strider wrote:chew and dip is the same thing
mre coffee shots
a camel 100
a chew of levi garrett
a dip of copenhagen-
-some in mouth, some in nose, some in eye.
and you will stay awake

for at least 10 more minutes
RangerDC

Post by RangerDC »

Srtider, you are a dumb a$$. Don't come on this website and think that you have any freaking idea what you are talking about you little PUNK!

DIP and CHEW are NOT the same thing!

Dip is tobacco that is ground fine and is used by putting in between the lip and gum.

Chew are LEAVES, that you can CHEW to get more of the "drug" out of the tobacco. It is usually held between the lip and gum or in the back pouch of the mouth.

You can't CHEW dip, it is like chewing coffee grounds. You can't really dip chew becuase it is a waste of time to put a small portion of leaves in the side of your mouth and just let it sit there...it doesn't work that way.

People like you and Glock, come on this website and b/c you have interacted some with those that have been there and done that, you act as if you have been there and done that. Guess again!

Even if a Ranger was wrong about something don't come on this site with your chest bowed out ready to prove him wrong. Tell you what, why don't you keep your punk a$$ on the gaming websites or go watch Navy SEALs again and stop wasting the time of those of us that are willing to help someone who is interested in LEARNING. Take this as your 1st lesson on keeping your mouth shut until you actually know something. I would call you a cherry but you haven't even earned that yet.

Out here!
RangerDC

Post by RangerDC »

chew and dip is the same thing.....when on this site have I ever gone off and acted that I have "been there done that" attitude towards the Rangers?
You just did.

Return to “About Ranger School - In Honor of Ranger BattleBoar - RIP”