RS Dates, full classes

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
Grumble and Grunt
Ranger

RS Dates, full classes

Post by Grumble and Grunt »

It seems we (D Co 2-11 IN) are not getting any February slots as it is too full. Here on the hill all we have is rumor and heresay.

1. Can anyone at 4th RTB shed some light to the numbers? Have the classes been overbooked? How many are failing RAP week?

2. A couple of my buddies and I are ready. PT scores of 300 and over, already ABN, and going to light units. We have no other follow on schools. Are there backchannels to going? Walk-on? No-Shows?

3. We have some turds clogging the toilet who didn't want to go in January coming from the LTO office. They want warmer weather. In turn this is BF'ing us. Little is being done to expedite the turds or bypass them in favor of people who actually want to succeed and not make execuses. Are there any experienced hands who might have some advice for doing this without insulting anyone or burning bridges?
RS Class 06-06
Grumble and Grunt
Ranger

Bad news today. No one from my IOBC Co is going to RS in Feb. We are also being told that Mar is highly unlikely. The earliest may be the end of April and that might be a no go as well. It seems many of my brothers and I are being left to rot in the LTO office. Several of us are over 300 APFT, ABN qualified, and light, ABN, or AA units and have nothing else to do. I regret not going to PRC and taking a RS slot that way. I will be ready for the next PRC. Provided that does not work are there any other suggestions for getting a slot for RS?

Is there any merit in signing into our units and having them slot us?

Eagerly seeking advice and wanting to go to Ranger School!!!
RS Class 06-06
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

Grumble and Grunt wrote:Bad news today. No one from my IOBC Co is going to RS in Feb. We are also being told that Mar is highly unlikely. The earliest may be the end of April and that might be a no go as well. It seems many of my brothers and I are being left to rot in the LTO office. Several of us are over 300 APFT, ABN qualified, and light, ABN, or AA units and have nothing else to do. I regret not going to PRC and taking a RS slot that way. I will be ready for the next PRC. Provided that does not work are there any other suggestions for getting a slot for RS?

Is there any merit in signing into our units and having them slot us?

Eagerly seeking advice and wanting to go to Ranger School!!!

Sir you need to show up ready to go with a TAB. A unit has no time to send you to school right now. So deal with it untill they are ready to send you to school or you will be one of those officers that dont get a TAB untill you are a Cpt.
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

So deal with it untill they are ready to send you to school or you will be one of those officers that dont get a TAB untill you are a Cpt.
Got one of those working in the 3 shop right now. He's cool, but he got fucked by the system.

I agree with the SGM.

And if you are sitting around with nothing to do, ask about another school to attend during the down time.

Can't hurt.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

hit_it wrote:
So deal with it untill they are ready to send you to school or you will be one of those officers that dont get a TAB untill you are a Cpt.
Got one of those working in the 3 shop right now. He's cool, but he got fucked by the system.

I agree with the SGM.

And if you are sitting around with nothing to do, ask about another school to attend during the down time.

Can't hurt.
Absolutly the truth.
ShortStackAO
Ranger

you don't have it that bad...

Post by ShortStackAO »

If you feel like you're getting screwed, don't feel too bad for yourself. I graduated IOBC 07NOV05 w/ Bravo Company, went straight to Ranger School, got done on 27JAN06 and some of my buddies from B Co are still sitting around with no slot and have only done CLS, Combatives, OR Airborne. That's all the schools they've been able to get. 3 months here and they've done is 3 weeks of training...

They are all right, try to work the system for whatever you can get...
1/1 ARB, 1st ID 09-Present
1/503rd INF (ABN) 06-09
Class 03-06

RIP - 1LT Ben Hall - KIA 31 July 2007
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

Grumble and Grunt wrote: I regret not going to PRC and taking a RS slot that way. I will be ready for the next PRC.

I told you so idiot...........................By the way, I can personally walk on 2-3 studs per class.
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

http://www.myspace.com/forcedentryrocks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
RGRJim
Ranger

Post by RGRJim »

I told you so idiot...........................By the way, I can personally walk on 2-3 studs per class.
He speaks the truth, I saw him do it with a SPC assigned to ITB.

One of the reasons why IOBC is losing slots now goes back to RS class 02-06 that started in October. That class took in most of the eligible IOBC Charlie Co. LTs. I believe IOBC had around 100 LTs in that class, but 50% of them recycled Darby. It was an extraordinary high recycle rate for IOBC in Darby. IOBC Bravo co. that started RS up on 06NOV ended up losing alot of slots because of it.

RTB tried to make space, about 400 people showed up for Day1 in class 03-06, they even had people sleeping on the floor/sharing wall lockers `cause there weren't enough space in the barracks. Instead of a high number of people recycling Darby, most of the recycling for 03-06 occurred in Mountains, 80 in total. Class 03-06 ended up graduating 201 people.

Basically, If there hadn't been so many Darby recycles in 02-06, IOBC wouldn't be having this big of a problem right now.

You need to lie, cheat or steal to get a slot man. Its a catch-22, you're killing your PL time by sitting around LTO, but if you try to go to your unit they will probably send you back anyways or you'll get completely fucked and have to do Ranger when you come back to Benning for ICCC.

If you can get into WTC PRC, I would highly recommend it. The instruction you receive there will just about guarantee you get out of Darby on the first try. After Darby, the rest of Ranger school is easy as long as you can Lead.

Good Luck,
Jim
NYARNG 05-Present
RS 03-06
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

RRDTm3 wrote:
Grumble and Grunt wrote: I regret not going to PRC and taking a RS slot that way. I will be ready for the next PRC.

That should fix it right there :!:
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

RRDTm3 wrote:

G&G,
Please understand that you are in the back room where a lot of deals are made. Don't waste the opportunity. Thus far, you have not been too impressive in your ability to cope with the system. WTF are you going to do as a platoon leader?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Grumble and Grunt
Ranger

Roger that Ranger Jim, I am moving on that and will fix that. Now I understand that when I was told I was guaranteed a RS slot on 7 Feb for making the OML from IOBC there are no such thing as guarantees. Lesson learned...
RS Class 06-06
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

Where you part of the IOBC crew who got kicked back this morning?

Oh by the way,I got 3 AF TACP's walked on this morning!
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

http://www.myspace.com/forcedentryrocks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Myself
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

RRDTm3 wrote:Where you part of the IOBC crew who got kicked back this morning?

Damn, Bubba, you the man. Don't let a space go to waste!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

Jim wrote:
RRDTm3 wrote:Where you part of the IOBC crew who got kicked back this morning?

Damn, Bubba, you the man. Don't let a space go to waste!
RTB kicked back at least 60 IOBC studs this morning!
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

Mentor to Myself
ShortStackAO
Ranger

Post by ShortStackAO »

"kicked back" as in prior to the APFT or due to APFT failures?
1/1 ARB, 1st ID 09-Present
1/503rd INF (ABN) 06-09
Class 03-06

RIP - 1LT Ben Hall - KIA 31 July 2007

Return to “About Ranger School - In Honor of Ranger BattleBoar - RIP”