Ranger battalion and school

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
RgrPantel
Ranger

Post by RgrPantel »

While you will learn the basics at both Ranger School as well as Battalion, you will focus more on combatives while in Battalion. From my experience, knife training isn't focused on too extensively at either place, however, the basics are tought. There's a reason for that. Your chances of knife fighting in the real world are pretty slim, and chances are your going to get your ass cut up no matter what. Training manuals for combatives are available online if you are interested.
2nd Bn 96-00 C Co. 2nd plt., class 4-99
We're here, we need to get there; kill everything in between.
Creeping Death
Ranger

Post by Creeping Death »

I wouldn't waste my time worrying about knife fighting skills. If you ever make it to Bat, and find yourself in a knife fight, YOU ARE GONNA DIE (or either be the lone survivor).

I never even carried a knife, except for my leatherman, because of what my squad leader told me when I was a cherry. I asked him why he didn't carry one of those "killing knives", and he said - "Well, bubba, if I ever need one, there will be plenty of them laying around on all the dead bodies. I'll just pick one up. Why carry the extra weight? I'll use that space and weight to carry more ammo." So, that's what I did.
A Co 1/75 '94-'97
Class 5-96
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

tsredsox5ng-
Better learn to shoot before you stab
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
Bell

Post by Bell »

You're gonna get cut in a knife fight. Somewhere, somehow. If ya find yerself in a knife fight you rear back and throw that thing as hard as ya can. If it don't stick it'll knock the shit out of him and you can run or shoot him when he ducks.

RLTW
Bell
Spartan

Re: Ranger battalion and school

Post by Spartan »

tsredsox5ng wrote:I am a little confused on what kind of training u do while in a ranger training battalion and what kind of training at ranger school?
Where do u learn about hand to hand combat and knife combat?

id appreciate any replies thanks
Generally speaking, YOU learn to pay attention to details in both places and if YOU do not, YOU will be gone in short order. Got it?

Return to “About Ranger School - In Honor of Ranger BattleBoar - RIP”