PT while injured

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
rippo33
Embryo

PT while injured

Post by rippo33 »

Goodmorning Rangers,

I've read through the threads already on the forum about injuries but haven't found any advice that would work for my problem. I injured what I believe to be my Psoas muscle (hip flexor) while following the 12 week RASP Preparation plan, the sprinting sessions have gotten to where there is an unbearable pain in my hip. I tried running through it but it was not getting better and it got to a point where I could not lift my leg. I took 3 weeks off completely from running, and continued to do the PT in the plan that didn't involve running, and aside from hip snapping/popping still being there when lifting my leg, doing sit-ups, flutter-kicks, etc, I believed it was healed. I went for a run this morning, and by the second set of 400m sprints, I could barely continue to walk. I will need to take some time off to try and fix this issue with my right hip (left is fine). I'm reading up, and it says in order to properly heal and lengthen the Psoas for running, core exercises should be halted as they make the psoas shorten up, not good for running. I wanted to ask you for advice as to what should I do, without core work and without running to still continue to prepare effectively. Sorry this was lengthy and thank you for any help or advice.
rippo33
Embryo

Re: PT while injured

Post by rippo33 »

Thank you for the advice and insight Ranger Lunch! Much appreciated.
rippo33
Embryo

Post by rippo33 »

I may go see a physical therapist I know as the pain has subsided the popping issue and strain when lifting my leg is still there. Thank you Ranger Xray and Ranger Lunch for your advice. Ranger Lunch I'm sorry to say it but I'm not sure I know what you are talking about. Where are these classes listed that I can sign up for?
rippo33
Embryo

Post by rippo33 »

Okay haha, I searched the site up and down after you mentioned it to me and I was mad that I had missed an opportunity. Thanks for the clarification Ranger Lunch.

Return to “About Army Physical Training”