Preparing For RASP

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
john_havel
Embryo

Preparing For RASP

Post by john_havel »

Hello Rangers,

Im 16 right now and Im starting to take the preparation for RASP more seriously since Im on my last semester of my junior year. Over the summer I was going to the gym 3 days a week to try and build up some muscle and strength. It worked thankfully. My bench and squat have increased. When school started i started going to the gym 5 days a week since i didnt have work but at the moment im playing lacrosse and during preseason we do weightlifting and conditioning while practicing in full gear. The conditioning part of the work outs quickly made me realize that im not in good endurance shape. We timed our mile runs and i ran a 6:16 mile but after that i was gassed, I just couldn't run another mile at that pace. For RASP what im concerned about is the 5 mile run and the 12 mile ruck march. It would be very helpful to acquire some information on how I could train myself to run longer distances. My goals for this summer are to start running more and reach at least 20 miles a week by the end of it. For the Ruck sacking part i just need some advice on a good cheap ruck that i can purchase so i could load up some weight and start rucking.

To be honest it would be really nice if I could have a hands on physical training session with a Ranger mentor, It would mean the world to me. Training by myself is one thing but to have someone in front of me that has accomplished what i want to strive towards would help me immensely. Being able to have a talk with a Ranger in person and for them to put me through their own hell and train me would mean a lot, I live on Long Island and if anyone can help me out with this I would really appreciate it.

Thank You.

Return to “About Army Physical Training”