Will this physically prepare me for RASP?? NEED GUIDANCE

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
glocky45
Ranger

Will this physically prepare me for RASP?? NEED GUIDANCE

Post by glocky45 »

Rangers,
I am wondering if this looks like enough to put me where I need to be to train for and be ready physically for RASP.
My training routine looks like this,
Monday- 8mile run + PU + SU
Teusday- swim/cross train + pullups latter
Wednesday- Upper body conditioning
Thursday- Recovery flexibility drill + PU + SU
Friday- 8-10 mile trail run/ hike
Saturday-Recovery flexibility drill + Abs + crosstrain
Sunday-Recovery flexibility drill

Please let me know any and all thoughts! Thanks
GIVE WAR A CHANCE
TSAF
3/75 RLTW
goon175
Ranger

Re: Will this physically prepare me for RASP?? NEED GUIDANCE

Post by goon175 »

instead of making up your own thing and wondering if it will prepare you, why dont you just follow the 12 week RASP prep program?
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
glocky45
Ranger

Post by glocky45 »

Ranger goon175,
Thank you for such a quick responce. I was using it as a guideline along with the mon,wed,fri pt that my recruiter does for future soldiers. But I hope/wonder if it's good to do the actual rasp 12 week prep program plus the pt that my station holds. My recruiter is a cav scout thats earned broze star during the surge, and I know his pt is good just mainly endurance conditioning or running. As he runs the tough mudder, and other long distance races. I figure extra pt will help since I'm going to be a 13f opt 40.
GIVE WAR A CHANCE
TSAF
3/75 RLTW
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

are you scared of working out twice a day or something? And if so, what do you think the better program is, the one designed by the 75th Ranger Regiment to prepare you for RASP, or the 3 days of PT that your recruiter who is not a Ranger does every week?
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
colt1rgr
Ranger

Post by colt1rgr »

glocky45 wrote: I'm going to be a 13f opt 40.

Stud, as a former RFSNCO I can assure you that if you're gonna be a 13F in my beloved Regiment you better follow the RASP suggested workouts to a "T" (and MORE.... IF you can do it without overtraining and tearing your body down too bad). Not trying to insult your recruiter, God Bless him, but there isn't a unit in the Army that PTs the way the the boys do and its for a reason. You will have specific demands required of you and the RASP program is designed to get you there. Good luck and if you make it, you damn sure better bring credit to the FOs that have gone before you! :wink: 8)
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

"Life is like a drop zone, sometimes you just miss the whole damn thing!"
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

There is no silver bullet or magic program. Only working harder than you ever have will get you there, the best 'program' is for nought if you don't put out 110% and then some.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Some of the best "physically fit" guys you will ever meet will go to RASP and fucking quit, RIP for us old fucks.

There never used to be resources that could be used to help one prepare for the process. In the end it don't matter how in shape you are.

It's all about drive and determination. PERIOD. I suggest you follow what has been suggested. If you don't, don't waste the Regiments time.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Looon wrote:Some of the best "physically fit" guys you will ever meet will go to RASP and fucking quit, RIP for us old fucks.

There never used to be resources that could be used to help one prepare for the process. In the end it don't matter how in shape you are.

It's all about drive and determination. PERIOD. I suggest you follow what has been suggested. If you don't, don't waste the Regiments time.
The best explanation I've seen lately.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
glocky45
Ranger

Post by glocky45 »

Ranger Goon175, I am not scared of working out twice a day I used to in football and track called two-a-days. But I just wanted to see if anyone thought that it would be over training. So, needless to say I started the RASP 12 week program and boy looks are deceiving on paper (looks easy) then I go and do it with 120% effort and It kicked my ass. In which opened my eyes to how the recruiters pt isn't doing much for me for my specific goals (Ranger). So thank you for your Guidance and your time! P.s. I'm doing 50 pushups now for your guidance.

Ranger Colt1rgr,
Thank you for your service, time, and guidance! Well noted. And I will not only bring credit to all that have gone before me, I'll instill the utmost pride in everything ("My courtesy to superior officers, neatness of dress and care of equipment shall set the example for others to follow.") I do in honor of those whom where before me. Doing 50 pushups for your guidance.

Ranger K.Ingraham,
Thank you for your time and guidance once again! And I always follow "I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be, one-hundred-percent and then some." because I'm working for it with hundred percent and then some. Doing 50 pushups for your guidance.

Ranger Looon,
Thank you for your time of day and guidance. I do my absolute best with what I have resources wise, and I know I'm truly blessed by God to have everything at my finger tips, and that's why I am going to go to RASP much more physically fit, tougher minded, prepared for the unknowns, and instill a sense of pride in everyone that has ever given me guidance! My drive levels are through the roof because of how bad I want it and, "Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight on to the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor." Doing 50 pushups for your guidance. [by now this is becoming quite the workout thanking everyone and giving you what I owe you (50 pushups each)].
GIVE WAR A CHANCE
TSAF
3/75 RLTW
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

You talk way too much. Less talk, more PT. Slobbing on RC will not get you anywhere but ass kicked.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There ya go stud. Haha.
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
glocky45
Ranger

Post by glocky45 »

Haha. Ranger Goon175 classic. :idea: I would like to request your supervising a old thread that I've recently revived because there's no real Ranger input on it. Thanks for your time once again. The thread is viewtopic.php?f=42&t=43953&start=735 ANy and all oversight would be very much appreciated!
GIVE WAR A CHANCE
TSAF
3/75 RLTW

Return to “About Army Physical Training”