Can I have your input on my PT results?

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
Patrick93
Embryo

Can I have your input on my PT results?

Post by Patrick93 »

I'm not sure if this is against the rules but if it is then, I'm sorry and please delete this post.

I've been Pt'ing for a while and I wanted to know all of your professional opinions on my current physical condition.

1)Crunches/Sit-ups: I can do 40 in a minute, possibly 80 in 2 minutes. I can do alot of these.

2)Planks: I can do this for 4:00

3)Pull ups: I can do 18-19 (shoulder width/palms outward); at least 12 (wide grip); 17-19 (bicep curl ups) and 18-19 (narrow/palms facing each other)

4) Push ups: I used to be able to do 20 but I've raised my max up to 30 for standard push ups. For diamond push ups, I can do 20 max. I havent tried wide push ups in a while but before my max was 25.

5) Running: Speed isn't easy for me but my endurance is great. I can run a mile in 7:43, but I can run 2 miles pretty easily (stopping a bit to airborne shuffle) and 3-6 miles is where I start feeling the burn, and after a while I grow accustomed to running it and continue. Although when I go past 2-3 miles, I'm usually at my recruiter's PT meets.

Extra exercises

1) I can bench 210 lbs as a max.

2) I can do a lat pulldown of 310 lbs many times.

3) Boxing and cardio

That's all I can do at this moment. Is this a pretty good result? I know I'm not Ranger fit by any means, but I could use some constructive crisism. I'm still working on the push ups, but there is a post here on that.

Have a good day.
Earthpig
Ranger

Re: Can I have your input on my PT results?

Post by Earthpig »

Your pushups and run times need a lot of work, but you have a couple years to hone them. Pullups and situps look OK.

All those "I can" sentences made me think of this:
http://www.kizclub.com/storytime/Ican/Ican.html :lol:

You're on the right track. Keep working out and continue to push yourself. There are some great PT threads in the Physical Fitness Forum that can help you get there.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Patrick93
Embryo

Post by Patrick93 »

EarthPig wrote:Your pushups and run times need a lot of work, but you have a couple years to hone them. Pullups and situps look OK.

All those "I can" sentences made me think of this:
http://www.kizclub.com/storytime/Ican/Ican.html :lol:

You're on the right track. Keep working out and continue to push yourself. There are some great PT threads in the Physical Fitness Forum that can help you get there.

RLTW
EP
Thank you Ranger EarthPig for your input.

I agree with the run times and push ups though. I want to be able to accomplish at least 100 push ups, and a run time of 6:00-6:30 by the time I leave for BCT.

That "I can" thing was some funny stuff :mrgreen:
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

Your scores suck.

The good news, is just what Ranger Earthpig stated. We have a valuable resource here for you to learn how to do better P.T. and improve in all areas.

Good luck.
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
Patrick93
Embryo

Post by Patrick93 »

Bravo57 wrote:Your scores suck.

The good news, is just what Ranger Earthpig stated. We have a valuable resource here for you to learn how to do better P.T. and improve in all areas.

Good luck.
Lol, okay. I'll take your advice.

Thank you.
Chomy
Embryo

Post by Chomy »

PM inbound
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

Patrick93 wrote:

Good luck.

Thank you.
Oh Shit...you did not.....oh shit.....oh shit :shock: :shock: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Ranger Bravo57 ....What did she say her pushups were.....I heard 'Not Enought" but maybe I wasn't listening...like someone else....

Push...push...push then read.....then push some more sweetheart...that is my input on your flacid PT scores....

If this is not an admin F'ing with B57....wow....just wow.....
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

Patrick93 wrote:

Good luck.

Thank you.
You ask my advice, then "LOL" at it? fuck you.

Kid, I gave you good advice on how to improve yourself, right after Ranger Earthpig. My "Suggestion" to you, is to read a little bit more on the site, learn the rules, read the sticky's, and improve on your S.A.

If you can't do that........................... Your turn. No, you don't need to reply.

I'm not going to "flame" you. I don't need to. Shit, If you keep being stupid, you will mark yourself.

Listen to me very carefully: You have "Stumbled" into the lions den. We did not ask you to come here. You came here on your own. You asked the question, and I gave you an answer that was fitting. Why did you ask a question if you didn't want a Ranger's true opinion? Dunno, don't care.

What I should have said, was a lot more less productive than what I did post. With what you posted for scores, fuck, good luck in Basic Training.

How is that for reality?

Have fun in Korea.
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

Patrick93
Embryo

Post by Patrick93 »

Bravo57 wrote:
Patrick93 wrote:

Good luck.

Thank you.
You ask my advice, then "LOL" at it? fuck you.

Kid, I gave you good advice on how to improve yourself, right after Ranger Earthpig. My "Suggestion" to you, is to read a little bit more on the site, learn the rules, read the sticky's, and improve on your S.A.

If you can't do that........................... Your turn. No, you don't need to reply.

I'm not going to "flame" you. I don't need to. Shit, If you keep being stupid, you will mark yourself.

Listen to me very carefully: You have "Stumbled" into the lions den. We did not ask you to come here. You came here on your own. You asked the question, and I gave you an answer that was fitting. Why did you ask a question if you didn't want a Ranger's true opinion? Dunno, don't care.

What I should have said, was a lot more less productive than what I did post. With what you posted for scores, fuck, good luck in Basic Training.

How is that for reality?

Have fun in Korea.
I'm sorry for my disrespect Ranger Bravo57. I hope you will forgive me over time. I had a lapse of judgement (I just got done posting on army.com's forum and they are less strict), but I thank you for you taking time to respond to my post. I only meant the "LOL" part as a responce to the part where you said my scores suck because you reminded me of my recruiter and It made me smile a little.

I'm very sorry again, I will doing everything in my power to make it up to you and every Ranger that I've disrespected on here. It was unintentional, and I regret it. I hope you will forgive me.

I will leave the final judgement up to you, Ranger Bravo57 and the other Rangers.

I wish you the best.
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

Roger That.

Drive on stud. We have what you need here to be successful. Please use the resources we have to make your journey successful.
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Good recovery, Pat. You have to grow thick skin in order survive this site. As I said, you're focusing on the right things, just need work in some areas. You have at least two years to improve. That's a long time, and if you apply yourself, you should be able to put up some impressive improvements. Again, do some research in the fitness forum. There are some excellent threads regarding running, pushups, total body conditioning, etc.

Also, you need that high school diploma in order to get a Ranger Contract. Without it, they will require a GED plus 15 college credits. so, keep those grades up, and stay out of trouble.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

Drive on stud...everyone can step on the crank a few times...listen to those that give advice to you here...it was hard earned...

and you get it for free...lucky you... you have time to get your PT together and your mentality together...you are young... use the time wisely....post little, read a bunch...and PT like it is all you have to do.........it is...

Good luck kid....
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
Patrick93
Embryo

Post by Patrick93 »

Bravo57 wrote:Roger That.

Drive on stud. We have what you need here to be successful. Please use the resources we have to make your journey successful.
Thank you Ranger Bravo57, for giving me a second chance.

I will use them and I will raise my scores to an acceptable level (Acceptable to Rangers, nothing less than that)
Patrick93
Embryo

Post by Patrick93 »

EarthPig wrote:Good recovery, Pat. You have to grow thick skin in order survive this site. As I said, you're focusing on the right things, just need work in some areas. You have at least two years to improve. That's a long time, and if you apply yourself, you should be able to put up some impressive improvements. Again, do some research in the fitness forum. There are some excellent threads regarding running, pushups, total body conditioning, etc.

Also, you need that high school diploma in order to get a Ranger Contract. Without it, they will require a GED plus 15 college credits. so, keep those grades up, and stay out of trouble.

RLTW
EP
Thank you Ranger EarthPig, I'm glad that everyone is so forgiving, but I'll make sure this doesn't happen again.

Thank you, and yes, I still have 2 years, so I have a chance to raise these scores up until I can get a 300 on my PT test. I will take your advice Ranger EarthPig, so once again thank you.
Patrick93
Embryo

Post by Patrick93 »

Oto-Man wrote:Drive on stud...everyone can step on the crank a few times...listen to those that give advice to you here...it was hard earned...

and you get it for free...lucky you... you have time to get your PT together and your mentality together...you are young... use the time wisely....post little, read a bunch...and PT like it is all you have to do.........it is...

Good luck kid....
Thank you Ranger Oto-man.

Have a great day/night (depending on where everyone is)

Return to “About Army Physical Training”