Daily workout post

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
DougS90
Future Soldier / Opt40

Re: Daily workout post

Post by DougS90 »

Thick Smoke WO completed.

Time- 31:17, including breaks.

That was a pain. Especially the squats. My legs were sore enough waking up that I was ready to call it a rest day, but then I remembered this workout and figured I had to suck it up. Glocky45, I'm gonna be cursing your name during my run tommorow, lol.

Good workouts, lets keep this up.
11X Option 40 Shipdate 20120206
JPHawk

Daily workout post

Post by JPHawk »

glocky45 wrote:Tomorrow's WO
THICK SMOKE

5 Rounds

20 Pushups
25 Situps
30 Flutterkicks (4 count)
25 Scuba kicks
20 Pushups
25 Situps
50 Squats
25 High knees

60 seconds break between rounds.
Post up times DEP'S :!:

33:30 including breaks. Serious smoker. I assumed the scuba kicks were done sitting down and extending legs in and out.

I've been doing SealFit for a few months now and this is a nice body weight WO as a change of pace.
glocky45
Ranger

Post by glocky45 »

At any rate, keep doing these types of workouts. They will help you when you get in. Benching 300+lbs doesn't do shit for you when you have to climb a wall in full kit or drag your buddy. As a matter of fact, most guys I work with (mil and various government) have now gone away from getting "big" because it just hurts them in the long run.
Good job, this WO kicks you swiftly in the junk! And it's okay what doesn't kill you makes you more mentally tough. And JPHawk, right idea wrong position there performed laying down. (I believe what your describing is called frog kicks.)
Make sure you get your Run/Cardio in tomorrow! Tomorrow's WO is

DB side raises 3sets x 12 reps (15-20% of BW)
DB Front raises 3sets x 12 reps (15-20% of BW)
Seated DB Press 3sets x 12 reps (25% of BW)
Incline Situps 3 sets x 50 reps (if too easy hold 10lb plate.)
(90sec breaks)
Post up times.
Worry about correct weight and full range of motion more than time of completion.
GIVE WAR A CHANCE
TSAF
3/75 RLTW
Edge
Ranger

Post by Edge »

glocky45 wrote: THICK SMOKE

5 Rounds

20 Pushups
25 Situps
25 Scuba kicks
20 Pushups
25 Situps
50 Squats
25 High knees
Post up your times.
28:23...this was my only PT today and I anchored my feet on sit ups.

This fucking sucked lol.
"Out of every 100 men, 10 should not be here,80 are nothing but targets, 9 are the real fighters and we are lucky to have them for they the battle make. Ah, but the ONE, ONE of them is a WARRIOR,and he will bring the others back."-Heraclitus 500 BC

Mentee to Ranger Invictus
B Co 3/75
DougS90
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by DougS90 »

Today I ran my 5 miler, with another poor time of 39:41. (Barely under 40--yikes!) Obviously I've lost a bit of my performance since I busted my foot up a month ago, but the squats likely did not help either as I woke up VERY sore today again :lol:

I don't have access to the right dumbell weights, glocky45, or the right bench for incline situps, so I've decided to sit this one out and focus on pullups instead, and do a set of 300situps.
glocky45
Ranger

Post by glocky45 »

WO completed, I had a complete watch malfunction today so no known time.. Watch battery died.
That's not the best time or the worst time DougS90. 5milers are no joke. how many miles do you average per week? And what I've learned in my minimal experience with 5 milers is start off at a little bit slower of a pace and around 2.5 or 3 mile mark speed it up and keep that pace. And squats will mess with run times and so will heat but we better get used to that ha. And improvisation is key to any WO. Make it work for you.
GIVE WAR A CHANCE
TSAF
3/75 RLTW
glocky45
Ranger

Post by glocky45 »

Squat til you puke.
100 Pullups
200 Pushups
300 Squats
WO completed in 25:32. [Absolutely NO breaks]
I broke it down like this 5+5 pullups, then 25 pushups, then 30 squats. [5,5/25/30] It's critical to track your progress as you go or you'll forget how much of each exercise you did.
Post up times DEPS!
GIVE WAR A CHANCE
TSAF
3/75 RLTW
Papa84
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by Papa84 »

glocky45 wrote:Tomorrow's WO
THICK SMOKE

5 Rounds

20 Pushups *Substitute 20 Arm haulers*
25 Situps
25 Scuba kicks
20 Pushups *Substitute 20 Arm haulers*
25 Situps
50 Squats
25 High knees

Post up times DEP'S :!:
Good on you for reviving this thread, thanks bud.

Completed in 29:55, including breaks. This is a respectable smoker, I liked it. My legs were also screaming by the end - smoked them yesterday with stepups. I had to substitute the pushups with arm haulers as I'm trying to get over a case of tendonitis in my left wrist. It sucks, but I have to lay off the pushups/pullups for a couple weeks. Definitely coming back to this workout frequently!
Ship date 20120207
Mentor: HakweeRgr
DougS90
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by DougS90 »

Completed a nice long run along a rolling road today. One intersection to the other and back, 8.13 miles, completed in 1hr 9min. Not a great speed, but I didn't even bother to wear a watch while I ran, instead I just paced by effort. I haven't run more than 7 miles in a while, so this was fun. Lots of hills too which helps to mentally divide it up "just get over this one, just get over this one" :lol:
glocky45
Ranger

Post by glocky45 »

Sorry guys I haven't had much access to internet lately!
And Papa84 good for you joining us. i expect to see you on here more often!
DougS90 8miles is definitely a long slow run day holy hell. hah. I do long runs with mentality when there is a hill i always sprint up them and try to keep the fast pace for awhile.
As for today's pt I had a mandatory APFT and I think I did rather well.
I scored a 280. PU80 (in a minute and 30secs then I just got up)
SU75
2MR 14:05
You guys should reassess where you are on the APFT and Post up Scores and PU SU 2MR!!
And if you've done one recently post that up.
Also (today) or Tomorrow's WO is

1000 Circuit 1 Round

100 Side Straddle hops
25 Close-grip pushups
25 Jumps
25 Pullups
100 Squats
50 Mountain Climbers (25 per side)
100 Pushups
50 Crunches
50 Walking lunges (25 per side)
50 Wide-arm Pushups
100sec's Plank
50 Decline Pushups (feet on top of something)
50 Mountain Climbers
50 Squats
25 Chin ups (palms facing you)
100 Side straddle hop's
This one's a smoker for sure.
POST up times DEP's!
GIVE WAR A CHANCE
TSAF
3/75 RLTW
Edge
Ranger

Post by Edge »

45 minute ruck today...sorry guys my schedule with school has been nuts I'm gonna jump back in here more regularly.
"Out of every 100 men, 10 should not be here,80 are nothing but targets, 9 are the real fighters and we are lucky to have them for they the battle make. Ah, but the ONE, ONE of them is a WARRIOR,and he will bring the others back."-Heraclitus 500 BC

B Co 3/75
glocky45
Ranger

Post by glocky45 »

Completed 1000 Circuit WO in 25:20! Post em up DEPS.
GIVE WAR A CHANCE
TSAF
3/75 RLTW
DougS90
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by DougS90 »

Today, I completed a 12.35 mile road-ruck in 2hr 56min. Ruck weight was 35lb plate, plus the ALICE ruck/frame itself and padding to stabilize the plate inside. Around 40lb, not counting the camelback. It wasn't too bad until I finished. Once the weight is off your shoulders it all hits you. :lol: Blistering wasn't terrible, but I'm convinced that my boots are a poor fit. I get em laced good and tight, and what happens, happens. Pretty good endurance tester, I gotta say.
Edge
Ranger

Post by Edge »

Quick PT SITREP for the other DEP's. I've been doing, or surviving I should say, Military Athlete for the past 2 weeks or so. Honestly, I'm still choking on all the smoke from today's workout. If you guys have 25 bucks a month to spend on it I highly recommend it. When school sloes down I'll get back in here to so some calisthenics stuff but I thought I'd share this with you all.

B Co 3/75

Return to “About Army Physical Training”