Longest Run

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
82d11b2p
Paratrooper

Post by 82d11b2p »

Couple of 12 milers at Bragg as well... Plt Daddy's punishment to the E-4s for not fucking up the joes when they were fucked up... obvisously the lesson didn't go over too well and we did a second one...
99-02 C co 2/505 PIR
02-04 Various Texas Reserve Units

Texas Aggie '05

Current LEO
Scoty
Ranger

Post by Scoty »

AbnRgr289 wrote:13 miles.

It started out to be a 10 mile Bn run led by the BC, when we returned to the Barracks at the end of the 10 miles we went right on by and made a little 3 mile addition. That was in 3rd Bn in '88 or '89.

There's a few more members here that would remember that one!
I remember that one!! We almost made it to Fryer. 1SG XXXX had a pack of smokes in his sock!
Ranger175csar
Ranger

Post by Ranger175csar »

[quote="Zonk 1/75"]Several 12 mile “perimeterâ€
Collins

1/75 HHC 94-96 S-4
RIP CLASS 7-94

Fuck em if they cant take a joke.....
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

AbnRgr289 wrote:13 miles.

It started out to be a 10 mile Bn run led by the BC, when we returned to the Barracks at the end of the 10 miles we went right on by and made a little 3 mile addition. That was in 3rd Bn in '88 or '89.

There's a few more members here that would remember that one!
I remember too fucking well. :x :x :x :x The best was running by the barracks's on main post singing about 'legs' and going through the drive through of Burger King. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited to add: It included too many mind fucks. Every time we got close to a rd or street that would lead us back to the barracks, they would send out the rd guards like we were going to turn........................ :x :x :x :x My Plt Sarn't, who will remain namelesss to protect the innocent, as we were down on the airfield he ran to some bushes(the only assumption that could be made) and came back out sporten wood in his PTs yelling at how this fucked up shit gave him a hard on. 8)
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
SA Yons
Ranger

Post by SA Yons »

HH6 and I went 18 this morning and my fucking BONES hurt. Killer run.

RLTW
-SA
RS 02-06 (White Thread)

1CD 02-present

In this battlefield popular perceptions and rumor are more influential than the facts and more powerful than a hundred tanks. - David Kilcullen
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Zonk 1/75 wrote:
SA Yons wrote:HH6 and I went 18 this morning and my fucking BONES hurt. Killer run.

RLTW
-SA
I ran from the kitchen to the pool bar when I realized there was no lime wedge in the cerveza I was drinking. It smoked me but I drove on considering the cause..................... 8)
Sounds like a smoker!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

The only running I do these days, is when I have the shits. :roll:
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
SA Yons
Ranger

Post by SA Yons »

HH6 and I on Sunday = 20 miles. Felt much better this time. Proper amounts of high quality H2O always do the trick. Especially down here in hot as hell TX.

Any other crazy a-holes out there running?
RS 02-06 (White Thread)

1CD 02-present

In this battlefield popular perceptions and rumor are more influential than the facts and more powerful than a hundred tanks. - David Kilcullen
Ranger175csar
Ranger

Post by Ranger175csar »

SA Yons wrote:HH6 and I on Sunday = 20 miles. Felt much better this time. Proper amounts of high quality H2O always do the trick. Especially down here in hot as hell TX.

Not in the fucking Texas heat.... Wheres my New England cool air... Fuck
Collins

1/75 HHC 94-96 S-4
RIP CLASS 7-94

Fuck em if they cant take a joke.....
Rabbity

Post by Rabbity »

Longest run hrmm

From the barracks to the HMMWV, but seriously speaking probably about 10 miles. I'm still hurtin from it <it was this past weekend> around the local resevoir. fucking hills...
82d11b2p
Paratrooper

Post by 82d11b2p »

SA Yons wrote:HH6 and I on Sunday = 20 miles. Felt much better this time. Proper amounts of high quality H2O always do the trick. Especially down here in hot as hell TX.

I'm up in the DFW area and still running in the heat... and holy fuck is it hot... 105+ for a month... have to make sure I'm extremely hydrated throughout the day and the night, so I don't drop dead in the heat...
99-02 C co 2/505 PIR
02-04 Various Texas Reserve Units

Texas Aggie '05

Current LEO
SA Yons
Ranger

Post by SA Yons »

Ok time for me to brag. HH6 and I just completed the NM Marathon! 4:30 ain't bad for a first timer, eh? Oh yeah, max elevation was 6100 ft. Real ball breaker.

-SA
RS 02-06 (White Thread)

1CD 02-present

JohnDowland
Ranger

Post by JohnDowland »

An 11mi Bn. run in '94. We started out around 1045 on a hot summer morning, ran 10mi out and then they turned us around to head back in; about a dozen men just passed out right there on the spot, thinking that we had a full 10mi return on a hot and humid Georgia day!!! Some slyboy had a couple of busses hidden back in the woods at the nine mile mark...

If I remember correctly, the Chaplain was in the hospital with a 108 degree case of heatstroke from that one. That was not a Bn "fun run" in any sense of the word.
3/75 '93-'95
Operation Uphold Democracy '94
OIF '10
OEF '10/'11
USASOC Chaplain

"Let not him who girds on his armor boast as he who takes it off!" - Ahab, king of Israel

Return to “About Army Physical Training”