My little workout...

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
SgtSommer
Embryo

My little workout...

Post by SgtSommer »

Alright I know this is going to sound retarded but I have decided not to go with the option forty. Instead I am signing my x to a Navy SEAL Challenge contract that will include HM (Hospital Corpsman) Class A school and BUD/S (Basic Underwater Demolition/SEAL training).

However I know more than a few Rangers and I know that a lot of them are a little more than a bit Hooyah. Therefore I am looking for some idea's on varying my workout routine a bit.

Aside from my instructor duty which eats up my weekends I am spending a lot of time working on some credits to get my BA, so I haven't had much time to train but here is an idea on what my schedule looks like:

Four miles a day at 7:30 a mile, often as low as 6:30
Two Thirty minute sessions of PT including sets of fifty pushups totalling five hundred, 250-300 flutter kicks, 100-200 situps and sets of squats at two minutes a piece.

As far as throwing in other stuff I was wondering if you had any ideas on where to find hellen kellers laid out so I could take a look at them. I sign on the line in June so I won't ship till November but I will be prepared for sure physically. Any imput would be great.

Sgt Sommer
Before you run, learn to walk.
Kiknskreem
Tadpole

Post by Kiknskreem »

Scott... check the dates before you reply. You just responded to a post made over a year ago.
Motivated. Dedicated. Heart and Soul.
edk84
Embryo

Post by edk84 »

Run 15 miles at 7:30 pace
Are you serious? This smells a little fishy to me. You're saying you work out for 5.5 hours every other day (about 2 hours running, 1 hour of PT, 1 hour of swimming, and 1 hour of lifting weights, plus a little cool down on the bike). Its sound like you either might be overtraining a tad, or are completely making this stuff up.
"Move swiftly. Don't whine. Try your hardest."
- from "The Hard Way" by Mark Jenkins

Return to “About Army Physical Training”