Firefighting careers

Turning warriors into productive civilian leaders: Employment & Education, Dealing with Veteran's Administration, etc.

Moderator: Site Admin

fireranger
Ranger

Firefighting careers

Post by fireranger »

If anyone out there is interested in becoming a firefighter I would be more than happy to help steer a fellow Ranger in the right direction.

I have access to a bunch of resources that could be a big help.

Firefighting is a pretty cool gig if you can manage to navigate your way through the hoops to get on a department. A lot of people of people are under the impression that you have to be a big, angry, black lesbian with the ACLU on retainer to get hired, but that is bullshit. I work on a 150 MAN (no women whatsoever) F.D. with a bunch of pretty cool guys.

The money is outstanding and the schedule is even better.

Just a thought - send me a PM if you want to know more.

Fireranger
3 rd. Plt. C Co. 2/75 1993-1997, RS 10-94 (Navigators)

But, I'm funny how? Funny like a clown? I amuse you? I make you laugh? I'm here to fuckin' amuse you?
fireguy1
Embryo

Re: Firefighting careers

Post by fireguy1 »

Hello sir, I'm planning on enlisting in the Army within the next week with a 68W Opt 40 contract. I was just curious, with 68W training and combat experience, it would be relatively easy for me to find a job in firefighting afterwards, right?

Of course, my first step is to make it through Ranger school, and moreso SOCM, but I just like knowing my heading.
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Post by centermass »

fireguy1 wrote:Hello sir, I'm planning on enlisting in the Army within the next week with a 68W Opt 40 contract. I was just curious, with 68W training and combat experience, it would be relatively easy for me to find a job in firefighting afterwards, right?

Of course, my first step is to make it through Ranger school, and moreso SOCM, but I just like knowing my heading.
You do realize this post you're responding to is over 10 YEARS OLD??

Learn to concentrate on the 50m targets (68W/OPT40) first. Get through those milestones, earn your place everyday when and if you get assigned to the Regiment, and then, later on down the road, continue your life plan.
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.
fireguy1
Embryo

Post by fireguy1 »

centermass wrote:
fireguy1 wrote:Hello sir, I'm planning on enlisting in the Army within the next week with a 68W Opt 40 contract. I was just curious, with 68W training and combat experience, it would be relatively easy for me to find a job in firefighting afterwards, right?

You do realize this post you're responding to is over 10 YEARS OLD??

Learn to concentrate on the 50m targets (68W/OPT40) first. Get through those milestones, earn your place everyday when and if you get assigned to the Regiment, and then, later on down the road, continue your life plan.

Roger, Ranger centermass.
fireguy1
Embryo

Post by fireguy1 »

Tater Nuts wrote:

You do realize that "being in a firefight" and "fighting a fire" are two distinctly unrelated activities don't you.

Of course. But I figure the advanced medical training and the ability to do said medical training under pressure will give me a distinct advantage in the career. But as Ranger centermass stated, I should focus on what's directly ahead of me.

Return to “Post Service Issues”