Ranger Scholarship

Turning warriors into productive civilian leaders: Employment & Education, Dealing with Veteran's Administration, etc.

Moderator: Site Admin

goon175
Ranger

Ranger Scholarship

Post by goon175 »

Not sure if this is the best place to post this, but I am sure alot of you have kids and thought this may be of interest to you. And if you don't... It's just a great program that deserves recognition.

Ranger Scholarship Fund: taking care of Ranger Families
by Tracy A. Bailey
75th Ranger Regiment Public Affairs

FORT BENNING, Ga. (USASOC News Service, July 16, 2010) - At a July 9th presentation ceremony held at the 75th Ranger Regiment Headquarters at Fort Benning, Ga., $36,500 in scholarship money was presented by the Ranger Scholarship Fund to 25 family members of current and veteran Rangers of the 75th Ranger Regiment.

During the presentation, the first of its kind held at the Regiment, Ranger Family members were presented with scholarship awards ranging from $250 to $3,000.

“The RSF is an all volunteer organization, with the support of our donors, supporters and our RSF Board we have tripled the number of scholarships awarded this year, while quadrupling the total dollar value of the scholarship awards,” said Sam Spears, board member of the Ranger Scholarship Fund. “We are all very honored and humbled to serve the Rangers, Veteran Rangers, and Ranger Families of the 75th Ranger Regiment and to support the postsecondary educational dreams of our Ranger Family Members.”

Merit based Undergraduate and Graduate Scholarships are awarded to eligible Ranger Family Members of current and veteran Rangers of the 75th Ranger Regiment who serve, or have served in one of the four battalions since the reactivation of 1st and 2nd Ranger Battalions in 1974.

“We award all our scholarships in the memory of individual Fallen Rangers as a Memorial to their service and their ultimate sacrifice in the defense of our Nation,” said Spears. “We value our experiences while assigned to the Ranger Regiment and appreciate the dedication and sacrifice made by the Rangers and their families and in keeping with the Ranger Creed of “shouldering more than our share of the task whatever it maybe, 100% and then some.” This is in some small way is our way of giving back to those Great Americans.”

Alex Laughlin-Tuley is a 2010 RSF Scholarship Recipient. Her father, Lt. Col. Colin Tuley served in a variety of staff positions at the Regiment; his most recent was as the Regimental Executive Officer.

“Growing up, I was always proud of my dad for being a Ranger; anyone who could say that they were a Ranger immediately commanded my respect and awe,” said Laughlin-Tuley. “It’s amazing to know that the Rangers in turn are proud of me. I’m very grateful to be considered worthy of the Ranger Scholarship.”

Alex is attending the University of Georgia in the fall with plans to study Journalism and Anthropology and will put the scholarship money to good use.

“This scholarship will go toward paying for my freshman year expenses,” said Laughlin-Tuley. “College will undoubtedly have its challenges but with the help of my family and friends, I am confident that I can achieve the goals that I make for myself.”

Scholarships are awarded annually and are open to 75th Ranger Regimental Family Members that are enrolled in undergraduate and graduate programs that result in a degree or vocational certification from an accredited college, university or vocational /technical institution.

“Although I am not and never will be an actual Ranger, I do consider myself a member of the extended Ranger Family,” said Miss Laughlin-Tuley. “A group of extraordinary individuals who collectedly have achieve amazing feats. With this family’s unwavering support behind me, how can failure exist on the horizon?”

For more information about the Rangers Scholarship Fund or to inquire about supporting or donating to the fund, please visit http://www.rangersscholarshipfund.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

--usasoc--
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
goon175
Ranger

Re: Ranger Scholarship

Post by goon175 »

Working on my degree too. For some reason, figuring out the NEW and MSD on a door charge wasn't nearly as intimidating as the thought of taking a basic math class. We shall see though....
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

I know I am cynical....I would be interested in seeing the awardees.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

I just submitted a request for an application. I will apply as it may help me in pursuing my graduate degree when I finish my BS.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Just realized upon closer reading that this is for family members only?
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
madslashers1-2
Ranger

Post by madslashers1-2 »

Silverback wrote:Just realized upon closer reading that this is for family members only?
I hope not, why would it not be available to the Rangers themselves that earned it and no you're not being cynical
I too would like to see exactly whom was an awardee. I'm applying for my wife now though too.
1st Plt, C Co. 2/75, OCT 02/JUN 06, (RS 09-04)
160th LRS-D, JUN 06/SEP 08
1106th TASMG, SEP 08/MAY 10
Joined the Darkside
A Co. 1/185 AR, MAY 10/Present
madslashers1-2
Ranger

Post by madslashers1-2 »

Anyway of finding out whose baby project this is? (Short of me calling down there) I imagine it must be some poobah/mucky mucks of some sort.
1st Plt, C Co. 2/75, OCT 02/JUN 06, (RS 09-04)
160th LRS-D, JUN 06/SEP 08
1106th TASMG, SEP 08/MAY 10
Joined the Darkside
A Co. 1/185 AR, MAY 10/Present
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

excerpt of xmineze wrote:How should I start this scholarship essay?
You should 1st start by following site protocol, reading all FAQ's, and primarily making your introduction in one of our two intro forums.
We do like to know who we are talking with.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “Post Service Issues”