Disabled vets

Turning warriors into productive civilian leaders: Employment & Education, Dealing with Veteran's Administration, etc.

Moderator: Site Admin

SF Flyer
Ranger

Post by SF Flyer »

Sir,
Check your PM's.
C-2/75 April87--Jan90 RGR Class 11-88
Huckleberry Creek Instructor
18B SFQC 91, then 3/1SFG(A) through Apr95
Ch-47D, C-12 Pilot, Retired 2008.
Contracting, ISR Pilot.
Now I'm a Boeing Manufacturing Manager.
wellfed
Ranger

Post by wellfed »

SSG Rock wrote:
SF Flyer wrote:19yrs next month, so retirement is on my mind. I'm old and creaky, so I'm sure there's going to be a % in my future.

Questions:
1. How do I know how much I might get?

2. Is there an information source on the web anywhere that might let me in on the secret of what kind of damage results in a certain percentage?
So how did this turn out for you sir? You have a sitrep?
Try this, it might give you an idea of what you rate. All I know is document everything you can to provide proof.

http://www.warms.vba.va.gov/bookc.html#e
"You're never beaten until you admit it."

RS 1-86
K-Dog
Embryo

Post by K-Dog »

I,too,would recommend DAV;although I may be unique in how quickly VA took care of my claim.I filed for an upgrade dated Nov 2,2005.....and got my VA Re-exam scheduled for this past 7 April.I was upgraded to 50% less than 4 weeks later(from 20%)

I kept EVERY copy of every doctors appt to include treatments(in my case,spinal injections),PT,prescriptions.....all MRI and X-rays.ALSO,if your respective injuries caused you to miss an INORDINATE amount of time from work,request from your supervisor ALL dates lost.It could mean the difference between 50 and 60%,in my case(much to my chagrin).Take care,Brothers.Drop me a PM if you have any questions,although I can't add too much more than what has been posted.
US Army 1982-1991...Airborne with 2 units:Co C 1/509 Vicenza,Italy and both Co C and CSC of 2/325 in the Deuce...HOOAH!
Speedracer

Post by Speedracer »

Well here i go again..round four

I got to re submit my paper work a fourth time hopfully with the doc write up on how missed up my hip and leg is i might get something this time.

I dont like the system but i have to work with it, between thw time it takes to submit and follow up makes it seem like for ever, been out since 99 and got nothing, not saying i demand anything unless its due but i have seen to many people around here get so much back just with so little it makes me sick. Dude had one knee operation and got 65%, another had 4 knee operations and got 20% oh well the were lucky

Had a doc due a hernia check with out even touching (i opened my self up on that one) had a doc ask why would my back hurt while in the army, you cant be that bad off, the best one.....You can still work

Buddy had a doc ask him how to spell Goute (?)

Oh well here i go again
3/75 LandWarrior
Ranger

Post by 3/75 LandWarrior »

Here is the "HOLY GRAIL" of what you need to know about VA dissability, it spells out what injuries award what percentages and include sthe exact wording the are looking for when diagnosing a dissability

its called the CFR 318 or the electronic copy is eCFR 318 Learn it well.
i'm at 70% with no help from the DAV but i will be joing the DAV in case the ever want to re-eval me i want to have back-up.

http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/te ... 1.5.1.96.1
service- AUG98- DEC02

DEC 1998- MAY 2001 3/75 C co. 3rd PLT

MAY 2001- DEC 2002 TSM-Soldier working on Land warrior, SEP, prototype weapons in PEO-soldier.
Speedracer

Post by Speedracer »

Getting ready to re submit with the local VA reps help, Just got back from the local Doctors appt....I am fucked within the year or next i will be geting my right hip replaced..no dought about it, its only a matter of time.

Going to take the docs paper work up to the VA for help in the re look, I can hear the shit head there.. Your fine, you walk in the office just fine, you arent broke, suck it up......Ill kill him
tracker
Triple Canopy

Post by tracker »

from a VA employee, you need to know if you are SC or NSC.
SC-service connected-is were you will run into the great deals.
NSC-non service connected is a different ball, comp and pen is less.
if you are SC, there too you need to know if they rated you ineliglble for work, if that was done you should know, as they automatically set you up with SS.
if you are homeless, told to many old war stories and climbed into the bottle, but need a hand up, check out the VA's CWT program. you are technically a patient, but different programs in different area's have different pay scales.
if you get medically retired, do not....do not....do not let them convert you to VA comp and pen. KEEP your medical retirement. most of the time if you are med retired, after a period you get a notice that the retirement is good for the "life of the veteran". if you let them convert you to VA, and VA does a reeval on you, its a coin toss and the budget deficit of if you get reduced or left were you arre at, or increased.
encourage all your vet friends who have not been in the VA for the last 3 years to reregister. join the VFW. we need to be counted. more numbers more money.
i could point you in the direction you want to go, but it is a laundry list of numbers, contacts. start with you local VSO and stay on him. not all VSO's are created equal.
if you have a specific questions, send me a msg.
FYI, 100% SC does not get you a ID card, not on the rez any way.
coldsteal2
Veteran: US Army/US Navy

Post by coldsteal2 »

I have been on 100% Service Conected Disablity and SSDI
since December 90, full medical, beleive all the benefits
they have changed my life for me. They also pay for
having a wife and kids under 18, and the SSDI pays
like $200 a kid, the VA $60 i think. It all adds up.

WHen you finaly get into the system the VA rocks.
SGT USArmy Retired/Disabled
B 1/44 ADA 9th ID Ft Lewis 88-91 16R10 Vulcan Gunner
31M 63rd ARCOM 88 Oceanside CA
also
RM2 USN 1983-1988
NAVCOMMSTA SD 84-86
32nd ST NAVSTA 86-87
USS Merrill DD 976 86-87
NAS PENSACOLA Naval Aircrewman 87-88
Ranger Andy
Ranger

Disabled Vet

Post by Ranger Andy »

I'm 100%. It's worth the fight. Get a Veteran Service Officer, from the DAV or American Legion, to help you. Life is a little better after the dust settles...
Ranger Class 6-73 & 7-73
C Company, 75th Infantry (Ranger)
The Ranger Department (City Team)

I Hope They Serve Cold Beer in Hell...

Return to “Post Service Issues”