If your parachute disagrees with you..

Ground Week, Tower Week, Jump Week.
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

Poetryisdeath wrote:Thank you, Rangers and Veterans, I apologize for wasting your time.

It wasn't a total waste..........we got to fuck with you :lol:
RSD 96-99
blueskiesalways
Ranger Mom

Post by blueskiesalways »

SORRY, Can't help myself!!!!.... Even during "sport" jumping a certified rigger packs your reserved chute. The reserve is required by USPA to be re-packed (regardess of usage) every 4 months. During my time training to be a rigger...YES, this was back in the time we were still using... AGGGGG, ..packing tables....FAST FORWARD...To modern chutes...We had a jumper come in to have his reserve "re-packed" per USPA regs....HERE'S what we found....The temporary pin used to secure his reserve during re-packing had not been removed. When the rigger packed this chute he used the temporary pin to close the inside flap on the reserve chute...STANDARD OP. (it's a BIG temp pin)...he then closed the outside flaps forgetting to remove the temp pin. ...SO..upon the standard "pin check" this would not have been caught. HMMMM...Had this jumper decided it was time for that reserve..it would NEVER HAVE OPENED. AND, he did indeed have his riggers # signed on the reserve packing slip....HELL, YA THINK HE MEANT TO LEAVE THAT TEMP. PIN THERE???

NOOOOO, Point being..SHIT HAPPENS, hopefully not often and, hopefully not to YOU.....The number one point of contact is you!!!...FORGET THE ELEMENTS YOU CAN' T CONTROL

Here's what YOU can control...YOU can double check the static line IS hooked up. (before exit)..You can control your exit (THEE number one cause of f'up's)YOU can...Check canopy (Immediatley)
YOU, can then make a decicion based on your training on how that canopy is behaving....and, YOU, had better make determination on wether it will get you to the ground, and make it fast!!!...Rest of it..always rememeber, IF you ever NEED that reserve..you BETTER buy that rigger whatever he's drinking that night...SLEEP WELL..LOL
Mom - One former 1/75 Ranger warrior......One current 3/75 Ranger warrior

Return to “About Airborne School”