In Airborne School, in deep shit, need advice.

Ground Week, Tower Week, Jump Week.
Mark Turkali
Embryo

In Airborne School, in deep shit, need advice.

Post by Mark Turkali »

Hello everyone, PFC Turkali here, day 1 of ground branch was today. I have a big problem guys. 2 weeks ago I got put into the hospital after the 15 mile road march at OSUT for extreme dehydration and acute bronchitus. I'm in really bad shape, I can't recover. I went from running about a 12:30 2-mile to running a 15:30 on my PT test this morning. I don't know what to do. This shit here is so easy but I'm struggling so hard just to make it and I'm afraid I'm going to end up falling out of a run or passing out. Every time I try to run I cough up shit and throw up for like 10 minutes. I feel like a shitbag on here whining to you guys but I need help. I will never make it through RIP how I am right now and I've never wanted anything so bad in my life. I keep losing weight and muscle mass and my PT is declining more and more. I apologize for my whining but I just want to know if there's anything you guys could suggest for me. I've considered going up to the CSM and requesting that he recommend me for a restart if my health doesn't improve by next week. I'd do this a hundred times if I had to just to make it. Anyway, just please let me know what I can do. Thank you.
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

Sorry bud the only thing that you can do is rest, hydrate and let this thing fun it's course. Sorry.
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Ranger2

Re: In Airborne School, in deep shit, need advice.

Post by Ranger2 »

Mark Turkali wrote:Hello everyone, PFC Turkali here, day 1 of ground branch was today. I have a big problem guys. 2 weeks ago I got put into the hospital after the 15 mile road march at OSUT for extreme dehydration and acute bronchitus. I'm in really bad shape, I can't recover. I went from running about a 12:30 2-mile to running a 15:30 on my PT test this morning. I don't know what to do. This shit here is so easy but I'm struggling so hard just to make it and I'm afraid I'm going to end up falling out of a run or passing out. Every time I try to run I cough up shit and throw up for like 10 minutes. I feel like a shitbag on here whining to you guys but I need help. I will never make it through RIP how I am right now and I've never wanted anything so bad in my life. I keep losing weight and muscle mass and my PT is declining more and more. I apologize for my whining but I just want to know if there's anything you guys could suggest for me. I've considered going up to the CSM and requesting that he recommend me for a restart if my health doesn't improve by next week. I'd do this a hundred times if I had to just to make it. Anyway, just please let me know what I can do. Thank you.

Sounds like you need antibiotics and rest. You may want to go on sick call but you never know what may happen if you do. You will be taking a risk but if you don't you may fail anyway and be no better off. RIP is no place for the weak and you need to have your shit together before you get there.

Ranger2
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Sounds like you need to get out of denial and have your doc put you on 'the cocktail'. :wink:
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Post by Disinfertention »

You still have weekends off in Airborne school right? Utilize that. Not only that, use your afternoons too. Stay away from the barracks as much as possible, especially on the weekends. If you are staying in the barracks you aren't helping yourself.

Sickcall may be something to consider, although I don't remember ever having it in AB school.

Once you get passed AB school if you are still sick, try going then. You will be in holdover for up to a week or more with the 507th before the 75th comes and gets you. I guess you would have to pass a PT test before you go now, but I'm sure you'll be better motivated for it than you were for the PT test you took to get into airborne school.

I got pretty ill too between Ft Sill and Ft Benning. I went from a 12:00 to running about a 14:45 on the PT test I took. It fuckin' sucked. But like you said, Airborne school isn't hard anymore. So suck it up soldier. Stay active, stay away from the barracks of the 507th and 75th RTD when you get there. You will get better with or without damn medicine. Water is the universal cure for everything. Even broken bones.
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

http://www.military.com/NewsContent/0,1 ... 04,00.html

Flu Like Virus Sickens Recruits
Four military recruits died in the past year and thousands others were sickened by a flu like virus that the military once had a vaccine program for but abandoned to save
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Nice link Silverback, this is similar to what turkal is talkin about. The Advice Disinfertention has given is the same exact advice in the artile. I hope this helps the recruit.

Along the same line. I remember reading that in WWI when so many young men came together in the service that many men died from many diseases. The number of dead from disease then was extremely high. This would be a good subject to have a DEP or Newt get information on.

Get better Turk
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Mailman
Tadpole

Post by Mailman »

I got the best Ranger advice for you Turk: DRINK WATER AND TAKE MOTRIN !!!!!! YOU'LL BE FINE!!!!!!! NOW MOVE OUT!!!!!!!
:lol:
C co 3/75, 3rd Plt
94-97

"I didn't want to hurt them, I only wanted to kill them." -David Berkowitz-

Return to “About Airborne School”