Airborne School

Ground Week, Tower Week, Jump Week.
SgtSommer
Embryo

Sigh...

Post by SgtSommer »

JROTC_Cadet...

First off, I love it when young people are interested in joining our nations combat units, with the intention of serving our nation. However after viewing your posts several things have come to mind, and don't worry, they aren't all bad.

You need to read. Asking people works wonders and gets you the information you want, unless it is something everyone on the planet asks, and then it gets old fast. Search for information, using google or sites like military.com. A lot of the forum information may be from civilian wannabes but the sites themselves hold a lot of valuable information.

If you ask a question, and you know the basic premise try and ask specifics: e.g. "Does jump school have a culmination exercise in which your mental and physical abilities are put to the test?" Hell week is a Navy SEAL right of passage, taken in first phase, third week.

Here are some suggestions:

Read
Learn basic military information (If your are JROTC, you are already probably learning things like "Core Values" and rank structure)
Read about other branches, their ranks, rates and MOS' and duties.
Read

PS

It's not buds it's BUD/S, it's Navy not navy. It's SEALs not seals.
All services are capitalized...
Before you run, learn to walk.
jrotc_cadet

Thank You Sergeant Sommer!

Post by jrotc_cadet »

Thanks for the post please read your email.... i sent you a long message.
thanks for the helpful information,
kenny
rangerbatt
Ranger

Airborne School

Post by rangerbatt »

It was a bit of a blur. I went there directly from AIT training. When I got there, they were between cycles, so we did "police detail' along the roads leading into Benning to help "beautify" the area. That was a week. And then ground, tower, and jump week. Each phase has it's own standards. You qualify from one to the other. Pay attention, stay away from Colombus, (if you can) and you'll be okay. Celebrate later. The Black Hats are tough, but good, and know what they're doing. The first live jump was good. The second, well, I was nervous.
Carboned114
Tadpole

Post by Carboned114 »

flutterkick's, well you start by lying on your back with your hands (palm's down) under your ass with your legs straight out and 2 to 4 inches off the ground and your head up. now kick your legs up and down in a scissor like motion.
Carboned114
Tadpole

Post by Carboned114 »

:lol: lmao Letherneck :lol:
FireFinder
Paratrooper

Post by FireFinder »

No more "gig pit'?

I remember all of the SEAL guys buffing their boots brown with steel wool, and some of the USMC Recon guys were hilarious. Hell, I was 17 and scared shitless most of the time. I was "lucky" enough to have a zero week, which we got bumped into (Class 33-84 if I remember correctly) because too many people arrived for the class before ours.

We had a change-of-command ceremony during jump week, the incoming CO had written a few books about Vietnam, but I can't remember his name.

We didn't get to use the 250ft Towers during tower week for some reason or another. I remember being disappointed by that.

My fondest memories?
Door position on my 2nd jump.
Earning my wings.
The USMC guys with SCUBA badges telling the ROTC cadets that they were: "Door gunners on the space shuttle" or "Inflight repairmen for ICBM's" when asked what the badge on their uniform was.
13R2P B BTRY (TAB), 26th FA (ABN), 18th FA BDE (1984-1988)
11C (4.2" Mortar) CSC 2/124INF, FLARNG (1988-1989)
FairLadyZ-CA

Post by FairLadyZ-CA »

Wow, I feel like I'm back home.... hearing words like Flutter Kicks. Hahaha I remember when I had people under me get all bent out of shape when I asked them to do something and they question my motives - I'd make they do T-Bones and Flutter Kicks. If they got tired, they could rest by doing Push Ups.

Airborne School was hard. We (my friends - about 6 of us) would work out every night after everything. We workout till 9 and then we'd go to Columbus for drinks till 1pm. Then wake up at 5whatever time that was. Good times!!!
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

fairladyzca wrote:Wow, I feel like I'm back home.... hearing words like Flutter Kicks. Hahaha I remember when I had people under me get all bent out of shape when I asked them to do something and they question my motives - I'd make they do T-Bones and Flutter Kicks. If they got tired, they could rest by doing Push Ups.

Airborne School was hard. We (my friends - about 6 of us) would work out every night after everything. We workout till 9 and then we'd go to Columbus for drinks till 1pm. Then wake up at 5whatever time that was. Good times!!!
I underlined two items of your statement above that I believe are incorrect or misleading.

Sounds like you meant to say 1 A.M. not "1pm" if you are going out after working out or else you were in town until the following day well past closing time. I think you might have realized your mistake if you stated by 5 A.M. instead of "5whatever".
Signed,
Just a Reader.

FairLadyZ-CA

Post by FairLadyZ-CA »

Steadfast wrote:
fairladyzca wrote:Wow, I feel like I'm back home.... hearing words like Flutter Kicks. Hahaha I remember when I had people under me get all bent out of shape when I asked them to do something and they question my motives - I'd make they do T-Bones and Flutter Kicks. If they got tired, they could rest by doing Push Ups.

I underlined two items of your statement above that I believe are incorrect or misleading.

Sounds like you meant to say 1 A.M. not "1pm" if you are going out after working out or else you were in town until the following day well past closing time. I think you might have realized your mistake if you stated by 5 A.M. instead of "5whatever".
Signed,
Just a Reader.
Sorry... my mistake. Yes, the correct time was 1am. Hahaha my mistake. And yes, I typed whatever. It was a mistype... if you see what time I typed this - you'll understand (it's not an excuse).
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

FairLadyZ-CA wrote:Airborne School was hard.
I must've gone to a different Airborne School...it was a fucking cake-walk!
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
FairLadyZ-CA

Post by FairLadyZ-CA »

EarthPig wrote:
RLTW
EP
Sorry to have mistyped things. Airborne School was really REALLY easy. It wsa the workouts that we went through after each day at ABN School - that was rigurous... because we were getting ourselves into more shape for RIP. But you know, you can never get ready for something that's just going to smoke you out even more.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

FairLadyZ-CA wrote:
EarthPig wrote:
RLTW
EP
Sorry to have mistyped things. Airborne School was really REALLY easy. It wsa the workouts that we went through after each day at ABN School - that was rigurous... because we were getting ourselves into more shape for RIP. But you know, you can never get ready for something that's just going to smoke you out even more.
That's three or four threads where you "mis-typed" something. I think you're full of shit. Maybe I'm just having a bad day.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
FairLadyZ-CA

Post by FairLadyZ-CA »

That's three or four threads where you "mis-typed" something. I think you're full of shit. Maybe I'm just having a bad day.
RLTW
EP[/quote]

Sorry about that... its been a long night for me. I'll keep from typing incorrect statements from now on. I do have all my paperwork and documents if you feel I'm bullshitting you in any way. Just tell me which facsimile to send to or email and I will confirm it with you.

By the way, I have no idea where you got three or four mis-typed threads from... I believe this is my second time. However, in the future, when I see at any point you making mistakes and errors on certain statement based on a mispell or misinterpretation, I'll be sure to point them out for you, as you are doing to me OH... and call say you're full of shit yourself.

Return to “About Airborne School”