are all rangers airborne?

Ground Week, Tower Week, Jump Week.
rbarger
Ranger

Post by rbarger »

To be assigned to a Ranger Batt. you must be airborne qualified. To go to Ranger School you do not have to be airborne qualified.
B. Co. 3/75 88-92
RIP Det. 75th Regt. 92-93
C. Co. 3/75 93-95
Morris0352
Ranger

Post by Morris0352 »

it seems like it's almost MORE dangerous to be Abn. Qualified while going through Ranger School. If you don't jump in, then they just truck ya in. Don't A LOT of Rangers get hurt due to Abn. Accidents??? I know my recruiter blew his knee out twice at Ranger School due to a jump into Swamp Phase.
mikelogics
Tadpole

Post by mikelogics »

Morris,

If your canopy fails to open, have it replaced as soon as you land.
If it's stupid but it works, it isn't stupid.

SFOC Class 77-94
Tm Ldr, SF Tm 1302 95-96
CO, 12th SF Co. SFR(A) SOCOM PA 97-99
CO, 66th Infantry Battalion 10th Infantry Divison, Philippine Army (current)
rbarger
Ranger

Post by rbarger »

Who the hell wants to be a leg Ranger. Being a Ranger is kind of dangerous is it not?
B. Co. 3/75 88-92
RIP Det. 75th Regt. 92-93
C. Co. 3/75 93-95
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

leg ranger...heh heh....that's funny... :lol:
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

I'm not certain, but I think some of these are not airborne qualified:
http://www.rangercentral.com
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Freed Y
Tadpole

Post by Freed Y »

Yeah but they're MegaZord qualified.
Ranger
Ranger/Admin

Post by Ranger »

EarthPig2/75 wrote:I'm not certain, but I think some of these are not airborne qualified:
http://www.rangercentral.com
RLTW
EP
I'm pretty intimidated by that site, please don't post those kinds of scary links here anymore. :wink:
Last edited by Ranger on July 28th, 2003, 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DO NOT PM ME
deleon275
Ranger

Post by deleon275 »

rbarger wrote:To be assigned to a Ranger Batt. you must be airborne qualified. To go to Ranger School you do not have to be airborne qualified.
Hes right, but with soft skills in such high demand now they're letting some go straight to bat after RIP and then doing airborne school when a spot become available.
"When you look at this final agreement that we came to with the White House, I got 98 percent of what I wanted. I’m pretty happy." John Boehner

''If we took away the minimum wage — if conceivably it was gone — we could potentially virtually wipe out unemployment completely because we would be able to offer jobs at whatever level.''
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Go go power rangers, mighty morphen power rangers.

Hey guy's, did I sing out of key? :lol:
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: are all rangers airborne?

Post by Steadfast »

hellohello wrote:are all rangers airborne?
Well I believe you should have included the verb 'modern' as in since the airplane was developed. It is only the recent timeline of Ranger that could go airborne. I could go on with the jokes from here I will let my silence fall to the way side. 8)
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Bell

Post by Bell »

I know a lot of leg Rangers. But not after 1974.

RLTW
Bell
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

After serving as a Ranger in the 3rd Ranger Batt., I've noticed there are a lot of people who claim that their brother, dad, son, served in combat as a Ranger. They were probably men who attended Ranger School, and had the "tab" when they served in combat. I, believe, that some people tend to misrepresent themselves, whether it be intentional or unententional. Thats why over the years I've heard stories about Ranger units in Germany, Korea, Hawaii. These days, you have to have airborne status to serve in a Ranger Batt. When you serve in a unit outside the 75th Ranger Regt., and attend Ranger School, that makes you Ranger qualified. I served 1 1/2 yrs in 3rd Batt., but wasnt able to attend Ranger School, because of injuries that I sustained. Being Airborne qualified doesn't necessarily make you a Ranger. Not being Airborne qualified, doesn't necessarily make you not a Ranger. It depends on the era served in.

What makes a Ranger? I think its a combination adversity, intestinal fortitude, and a willingness to put your life on the line for the members of your unit no matter what the cost. I think those are the "roots" and a good place to start,on yourroad to becoming a Ranger.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Being a Ranger is about ideals and determination, it's not about patches, (even though a newly tabbed spec-4 will tell you different :wink: )it's about the guy next to you, your Ranger Buddy.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990

Return to “About Airborne School”