OSUT Airborne Slot

Ground Week, Tower Week, Jump Week.
Bushwack
US Army Veteran - Ranger Parent

Re: OSUT Airborne Slot

Post by Bushwack »

"I know NYC is very liberal and it shouldnt reflect New York state as a whole but there is no questioning that the state is liberal along with most northeast states (just look at election history)."

Listen up BOY! I live in PA and I can promise you liberal is NOT a way of life here. For a snot nosed punk kid you sure have it all under control. I will not even get into what else is your problem. The men here who have BTDT have started this process.

I will say that back in the day you are what was known as a "problem child". (NCOs love problem children) Grow up, smarten up and shut the fuck up!

Oh yea, please smart off to the first pvt. you see wearing a patch on his right shoulder.
SP6/SSG, B 5/6 ADA 76-79; 95th Svc Co 80-82; 523 Maint. Co. 82-84
Proud of him and those like him.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Are you using your real liberal name JonVest?
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Back211
Future Soldier

Post by Back211 »

Hello Rangers.
I got Reno'd due to my broken hand today and was not able to get my airborne OPT4 anymore.
My original goal was to stand out and through persistance try and get OPT 40 during OSUT. However now I don't even have Opt 4.

To get Opt 4 and 40 during OSUT would the process be the same as if I were trying to get OPT 40. Or because I am trying to get both airborne and 40 its highly unlikely?

Would I only have to fight for OPT 40 or do I need OPT4 to be a candidate for OPT 40 all together?

Note: Information about me
I have a high score on the asvab (upper 80's, 130's across the board)
286 on pt before i broke my hand
fluent in german and know a little french
Permanent resident not Citizen (reason for not being able to get Opt 40 first time around)

Thank You very much for any help.
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

Back211 wrote: Hello Rangers.
I got Reno'd due to my broken hand today and was not able to get my airborne OPT4 anymore.
My original goal was to stand out and through persistance try and get OPT 40 during OSUT. However now I don't even have Opt 4.

To get Opt 4 and 40 during OSUT would the process be the same as if I were trying to get OPT 40. Or because I am trying to get both airborne and 40 its highly unlikely?

Would I only have to fight for OPT 40 or do I need OPT4 to be a candidate for OPT 40 all together?

Note: Information about me
I have a high score on the asvab (upper 80's, 130's across the board)
286 on pt before i broke my hand
fluent in german and know a little french
Permanent resident not Citizen (reason for not being able to get Opt 40 first time around)

Thank You very much for any help.
you can't get an OPT 40 until you are a citizen. you have to be a citizen to get a Secret clearance. you have to have a clearance to be a Ranger. thus, you can't Ranger in the Regiment until you are a citizen. get your 4, go out and do great things in the Army, and once you are a citizen, apply to the Regiment if that's still a goal.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Back211
Future Soldier

Post by Back211 »

Yes KW Driver Ranger, as a non-citizen I would not be able to get the security clearance, not enabling me to get OPT 40. However I will be recieving my citizenship and swore in during OSUT, around week 9 or 10. Therefore if I had airborne I would have attempted to get OPT 40 in during airborne school.
However now I do not have airborne so assuming this is past week 9 or 10 after I have been sworn in as a citizen;
Do I have to fight for OPT 4 and 40 or does OPT 40 automatically include Airborne?
Elguapo
Ranger

Post by Elguapo »

Dude,
You won't get an "OPT 40" CONTRACT when you enlist. YOU WILL NOT. You're not a citizen. So, you better bust your ass while you're there and get to Jump School so you can go on to bigger and better things.
USAR 04-05
TXARNG 05-Present

OEF 08-09
HOA '12

RS 5-10
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

OSUT Airborne Slot

Post by KW Driver »

If you can get an opt. 40 during OSUT, that covers ABN. if you can only swing an Opt 4 during OSUT, good luck with that and try to get a 40 from there. Good luck.

I have no idea what the likelihood of you getting just ABN is, but I can't imagine it being good odds. But it's been a long time since I went through the schoolhouse.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Back211
Future Soldier

Post by Back211 »

Elguapo wrote:Dude,
You won't get an "OPT 40" CONTRACT when you enlist. YOU WILL NOT. You're not a citizen. So, you better bust your ass while you're there and get to Jump School so you can go on to bigger and better things.
Roger Ranger Elguapo, that is why i was referring to getting it after I enlist. I was referring OPT40 not during enlisting, but rather during OSUT, when I would have my citizenship.
And Roger Ranger Elguapo, will be giving my all and then some.

Thank you ranger KW Driver, I was told that my best chance is trying to check up for airborne slots constantly and adding it in if anything pops up.

Thank you alot for the help and the luck Rangers. God Bless

Return to “About Airborne School”