Question About Air Assault and Airborne

Ground Week, Tower Week, Jump Week.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

RRDTm3 wrote:I went to Air Assualt @ the age of 38. Fat and way out of shape! I was honor grad so what does that tell ya
That even an old, fat Ranger can run circles around young studs.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant

RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

cams wrote:
RRDTm3 wrote:I went to Air Assualt @ the age of 38. Fat and way out of shape! I was honor grad so what does that tell ya
More like waddle
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

http://www.myspace.com/forcedentryrocks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself

Richard Cranium
Ranger
Location: Putting two in your breathers and one in your sneezer!

Post by Richard Cranium »

Silverback wrote:I would also like to add this (given the slant of previous posts), You should always jump at the opportunity to attend any Army courses throughout your time of service in the Army! Do not ever refuse a school because you think "It is below you and your superior skill set".
Very wise words, Ape Man! Very true as well. Having said that, I think this cadet will gain more from going to BAC, since at this point, it sounds as though he has a choice. AA will be there damn near anywhere he goes in the light world, not that it matters since God knows shit gets done whether you have the bullwinkle badge or not.

Truth be told, I only went b/c I needed something to stack my EIB on since I was a leg, AND, I was told I was going back (I'll get to that in a sec :lol: ) but I fought it and resisted it for a long time b/c it was "beneath" me. Thats what my stupid cherry ass thought at least b/c that is what I heard the NCO's from Batt and elsewhere that I looked up to and emulated say...so I thought that I should feel the same way since I WAS going to be them someday. (Privates! :roll: ) Anyway, day three of a 3 week FTX and I'm in 2 feet of snow at Drum, and the section sgt. or plt. sgt. tells me I am going to AA NOW! Get my shit, I'm going to the rear and starting Friday...Roger that! Dumb as I was, I thought it sounded better than 3 more weeks of that shit...now I look back and lament on those 3 weeks of good mortar/infantry training that I missed out on to go to AA.

It is still the only thing I've ever failed in the military, although I got it the second go round (although not in such grand fashion as our esteemed Bubba! :wink: ) I was (and am) embarassed as fuck about failing that school, but I learned a lot from it and have used it as motivation since then.

Sorry for the hijack...back to the question at hand.
"The way of the warrior is in training" ~Sun Tzu

Practice honesty, Fear nothing!

Done a few years in Light, Mech, and Airborne Infantry.

Class 03-07

Richard Cranium
Ranger
Location: Putting two in your breathers and one in your sneezer!

Post by Richard Cranium »

rgrpuck wrote:
Parabellum wrote:Be a real man and go to Pathfinder instead of AA. :lol:
Oh yeah thats a real smoker.......

If your as dumb as me it is CSM! I've only got one hamster and that somabitch damned near died trying to keep that wheel spinning fast enough for me to keep up with those formulas, etc. :lol: My fucking ears damn near melted from all the steam!
"The way of the warrior is in training" ~Sun Tzu

Practice honesty, Fear nothing!

Done a few years in Light, Mech, and Airborne Infantry.

Class 03-07

Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

rgrpuck wrote:
That's cause you went when it was easy... :lol:
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99

rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

Parabellum wrote:
rgrpuck wrote:
The Navy was running it.

:lol:
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85

cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

RRDTm3 wrote:
cams wrote:
More like waddle
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

rgrokelley wrote:
Parabellum wrote:
rgrpuck wrote: Oh yeah thats a real smoker.......
The Navy was running it.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg

DoorGunner
CrewChief/Ranger Parent/Rest In Peace, Brother

Post by DoorGunner »

Rock Island Ranger wrote:You got a 360 degree view from some gents who have been there and done that and their advise is spot on. Scare badges are fine but I can honestly say that not one person I ever met saw an Airborne wing or Bullwinkle bage and cringed in fear. Forget the perception issue. Think of it like this.

1. I get to jump out of planes. (I put it first for a reason)
2. I get to get dogged without purpose for 10 days, learn how to tie shit up and ride in a helicopter. After which, they tell you it was the 10 hardest days of your life. (Its a lie)

Jump out of planes, get lied to.....what do you think? 8)
Hey, I rode in a helicopter and man those canvass seats and flak jackets are really a pain in the ass. At leastI didn't get an air cushion ride on the way down.
A Veteran is someone, who at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for the amount of, "Up to and including my Life." This is Honor, and there are way to many people in this country that no longer understand it!

RVN 72-73
UH1H/U-21 1st Aviation Brgd.
Crewchief

cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

DoorGunner wrote:
Rock Island Ranger wrote:You got a 360 degree view from some gents who have been there and done that and their advise is spot on. Scare badges are fine but I can honestly say that not one person I ever met saw an Airborne wing or Bullwinkle bage and cringed in fear. Forget the perception issue. Think of it like this.

2. I get to get dogged without purpose for 10 days, learn how to tie shit up and ride in a helicopter. After which, they tell you it was the 10 hardest days of your life. (Its a lie)

Hey, I rode in a helicopter and man those canvass seats and flak jackets are really a pain in the ass. At leastI didn't get an air cushion ride on the way down.
It's only air-cushioned 'til you hit the ground DG. 8)
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

DoorGunner
CrewChief/Ranger Parent/Rest In Peace, Brother

Post by DoorGunner »

cams wrote:
DoorGunner wrote:

It's only air-cushioned 'til you hit the ground DG. 8)
Ya :lol: :lol: :lol: in both circumstances :lol: :lol: :lol:
A Veteran is someone, who at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for the amount of, "Up to and including my Life." This is Honor, and there are way to many people in this country that no longer understand it!

RVN 72-73
UH1H/U-21 1st Aviation Brgd.
Crewchief

Return to “About Airborne School”