Sweating Airborne School.

Ground Week, Tower Week, Jump Week.
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

If are planning on failing you will fail.

It is BAC ........common ......girls pass BAC....
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
Old Philly Guy
Ranger

Post by Old Philly Guy »

You've been in the Army for about a year and you just now realized your run time sucks?? After Basic, OCS, and OBC and you are still running an 8+ min mile?? You need to be more concerned with how you will survive life at Bragg. You should have kept away from the smokes after you finished Basic & OCS. Woulda, coulda, shoulda. Officers do not fail PT tests....EVER.
1/23 later 1/503, 2ID
5/14 Inf, 25th ID
RS 11-86
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

Old Philly Guy wrote:You've been in the Army for about a year and you just now realized your run time sucks?? After Basic, OCS, and OBC and you are still running an 8+ min mile?? You need to be more concerned with how you will survive life at Bragg. You should have kept away from the smokes after you finished Basic & OCS. Woulda, coulda, shoulda. Officers do not fail PT tests....EVER.
I didn't even know officers ever took PT tests
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

Dude, don't sweat the easy shit.
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Sir,
Try increasing your run times with some low impact workouts. 'Spinning' on a stationary bicycle will help your cardio and may increase your run times. Running indoors on a treadmill is much better for your stress fractures than running outdoors on the pavement, and even 'jogging' in chest-deep water in the pool will provide tremendous restistance while significantly reducing the impact of running.

It goes without saying you need to invest in the highest quality running shoes you can afford.

Good luck, Sir.
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

Excerpts:
Am I in the shape I need to be in yet, NO

I'm scared as hell to be going to Bragg.

I didn't choose to assigned to Bragg or to a Airborne unit.

I don't plan on failing, but I'm also a realist and know that I may not make it.
Its seems you pretty much have identified yourself as a failure.
Give up now. It is all hopeless.
I'd like to have some idea of what happens if you don't pass at the 17-21 year old standard.
You grow a set of tits, your nuts will invert, you body will digest your penis and you'll now have a giant pussy. You will listen to Depeche Mode and vote for "change"

Look on the bright side. You'll get laid a lot more often.
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

In the end, guts and determination will win out if you have the proper mindset.
testedone

Post by testedone »

rgrokelley wrote:Excerpts:
Am I in the shape I need to be in yet, NO

I'm scared as hell to be going to Bragg.

I didn't choose to assigned to Bragg or to a Airborne unit.

I don't plan on failing, but I'm also a realist and know that I may not make it.
Its seems you pretty much have identified yourself as a failure.
Give up now. It is all hopeless.
I'd like to have some idea of what happens if you don't pass at the 17-21 year old standard.
You grow a set of tits, your nuts will invert, you body will digest your penis and you'll now have a giant pussy. You will listen to Depeche Mode and vote for "change"

Look on the bright side. You'll get laid a lot more often.

Now that is some funny stuff there....
testedone

Post by testedone »

As i have heard some say on here if you haven't puked while running you may not be running hard enough (keeping your injuries in mind though)
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

vossman wrote:Uh, it is entirely possible that things have changed since I went to airborne school in 1992. But.... I was straight out of basic as were most Ranger studs and the only problem was that the runs were way too slow. Now in no way am I bragging or saying that I can run. I pass the APFT run with no problems but running is NOT my specialty. In fact, I am still trying to figure out my specialty and I am 35 as well.
Bottom line, unless the Army decided to get hard core in airborne school, the runs were painfully slow and the steps very short. I volunteered to be a road guard so I could step it out.
Now the PT test is something else altogether, but I sure don't remember it being hard at all. Stop the stress and keep running. That's about all you can do. Go in there and kick ass. I would worry more about the saw dust in your ass crack after all the landings you'll be doing.
Lee
The man speaks the truth.

Tough
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

BadMuther wrote:In the end, guts and determination will win out if you have the proper mindset.
Good luck with all the PCS stuff and the move, I'd rather repeat jump school than move again.

Basically, Badmuther said it all.
It's too late to get in shape now, you'll just have to put out 119% and then some, if you have the guts to push that hard for three weeks. As Vossman said, the runs aren't too hard, you'll just have to put up with them.
Some of us'll post encouragement today, but you came to the wrong place for any sympathy.

If you fail, your wife will be married to a loser and you'll spend your career, whatever of it that you'll have as an officer that failed jump school, in some corps support command unit. We're at war, they'll find a job for you somewhere, just not somewhere you'll want to brag to your grandkids about when they ask "what did you do Granpa?".

We all know paratroopers who earned their wings despite all sorts of injuries, one prominent member of this forum completed Ranger School on a broken ankle. You can heal afterward while on PCS leave and rest when you die.
If you don't gut it out, just disappear into the abyss.
"Death happens once, failure lives forever".
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’

Return to “About Airborne School”