Airborne

Ground Week, Tower Week, Jump Week.
Nebby
Inprocessing

Airborne

Post by Nebby »

Good evening, Rangers. I am currently at airborne hold, and they are having all the RIP candidates take off to airborne on Friday. Might throw in there I have a minor fear of heights, but all in all, I couldn't be more excited. Just thought I would give an update, thanks for your time, Rangers.
I made a mistake. I want to be a Ranger.
RTO
BANNED

Re: Airborne

Post by RTO »

Nebby wrote:Good evening, Rangers. I am currently at airborne hold, and they are having all the RIP candidates take off to airborne on Friday. Might throw in there I have a minor fear of heights, but all in all, I couldn't be more excited. Just thought I would give an update, thanks for your time, Rangers.
If it helps, remember there's nothing scary about the fall. It's the impact you gotta worry about! :D

Get excited about the excellent training you are about to receive. Best in the World.

See ya back here in a few weeks with your wings, Stud
Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

Good luck and if that dosen't work. Grab grass. :P
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "
Nebby
Inprocessing

Re: Airborne

Post by Nebby »

RTO wrote:
Nebby wrote:Good evening, Rangers. I am currently at airborne hold, and they are having all the RIP candidates take off to airborne on Friday. Might throw in there I have a minor fear of heights, but all in all, I couldn't be more excited. Just thought I would give an update, thanks for your time, Rangers.
If it helps, remember there's nothing scary about the fall. It's the impact you gotta worry about! :D

Get excited about the excellent training you are about to receive. Best in the World.

See ya back here in a few weeks with your wings, Stud
I am very excited, Ranger RTO. Even more-so for RIP, but one step at a time. Just can't wait until I get my wings and am on my way.
Charlie 51
Ranger

Post by Charlie 51 »

Make sure you do plenty of PT on your own at Airborne because their weak excuse for it will not keep you prepared for RIP. Remember they manage to the lowest common denominator.

Airborne is easy, just listen up, follow directions and you will be fine.

RIP is easy too, especially if you like to suffer a lot like I did :twisted:

Have fun
C Co 2/75 Weapons
Classes 4-5/93

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there" - Will Rogers
MORTARWILD
Inprocessing

Post by MORTARWILD »

Charlie 51 wrote:Make sure you do plenty of PT on your own at Airborne because their weak excuse for it will not keep you prepared for RIP. Remember they manage to the lowest common denominator.

Airborne is easy, just listen up, follow directions and you will be fine.

RIP is easy too, especially if you like to suffer a lot like I did :twisted:

Have fun
Ranger Charlie 51,

I loved RIP, especially the part when it sucked.

Nebby,

Don't worry about it. When you get up there, everything will be so fast you won't have time to be afraid of heights.
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Airborne training is fun. You're going to get paid for going on some of the best theme park rides you've ever been on.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Nebby
Inprocessing

Post by Nebby »

Thanks for the support, Rangers. I will keep you updated on what happens from here on out.
Nebby
Inprocessing

Post by Nebby »

Well, Rangers, all well so far. Graduating airborne school Friday. This school really did give me a lot of confidence, but I doubt I will ever get rid of that nervous feeling knowing you're about to jump. I'm not sure what is going on after this, I heard rumors of two weeks of RIP hold but I'm not sure. Ready to get my wings, and can't wait to start RIP. Thanks for your time, Rangers.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Nebby

Post by Steadfast »

Nebby wrote:Well, Rangers, all well so far. Graduating airborne school Friday. This school really did give me a lot of confidence, but I doubt I will ever get rid of that nervous feeling knowing you're about to jump. I'm not sure what is going on after this, I heard rumors of two weeks of RIP hold but I'm not sure. Ready to get my wings, and can't wait to start RIP. Thanks for your time, Rangers.
Doubt pay much attention to rumors. Stay focused on completing BAC 1st.
Continue doing your PT and stay from the losers (you know who they are) & drive on.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

Nebby wrote:Well, Rangers, all well so far. Graduating airborne school Friday. This school really did give me a lot of confidence, but I doubt I will ever get rid of that nervous feeling knowing you're about to jump. I'm not sure what is going on after this, I heard rumors of two weeks of RIP hold but I'm not sure. Ready to get my wings, and can't wait to start RIP. Thanks for your time, Rangers.
Who cares if you have 2 or 10 weeks hold you have at least 3 years to go in the army. and for the record I was scared shitless on every single jump I ever did
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

the longer you stay in hold, the better your PT will get. it'll make getting through RIP easier.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Baseplate wrote:
Who cares if you have 2 or 10 weeks hold you have at least 3 years to go in the army. and for the record I was scared shitless on every single jump I ever did
X2!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “About Airborne School”