Volunteer for RIP @ airborne

Ground Week, Tower Week, Jump Week.
MadHatter
Embryo

Volunteer for RIP @ airborne

Post by MadHatter »

Rangers, I read from Ranger cdwdirect that when you are at airborne school, you can volunteer for RIP and they will send you for sure if/when you complete airborne. I didn't find much more on this subject, however, and I would like to know if that has been everyones experience as well.
I will do whatever it takes to complete the mission.
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

that is how I got in
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

http://www.myspace.com/forcedentryrocks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
Seabass1-4
Ranger

Post by Seabass1-4 »

Same with me. There will be all kinds of people trying to talk you out of doing it because they're too chicken shit to follow through, and they want company in suckville.
Bco 2/75 1997-2004
HHC & Aco 2/75 2007-2009
Class 9/98
ChipOnShoulder

Post by ChipOnShoulder »

Same here in 97'

They tried to not only tell you that a contract was needed but also put you on bull shit details in order to keep you from going to the info / sign up session.
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

Same here in Dec '87.

I had an 11x Airborne contract and volunteered in Jump School.
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

Seabass1-4 wrote:Same with me. There will be all kinds of people trying to talk you out of doing it because they're too chicken shit to follow through, and they want company in suckville.
Take heed to that statement young padwan because that part never seems to change. The closer you get to jump week and grad day the more bullshit and "rumors" coupled with lame excuses you'll hear and what gets me is that peiople who have quit will try to talk you out of it as well. You'll hear all kinds of bullshit.............and that's exactly what 100% of it is.
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
EvilCouch
Ranger

Post by EvilCouch »

Bugsy wrote:
Seabass1-4 wrote:Same with me. There will be all kinds of people trying to talk you out of doing it because they're too chicken shit to follow through, and they want company in suckville.
Take heed to that statement young padwan because that part never seems to change. The closer you get to jump week and grad day the more bullshit and "rumors" coupled with lame excuses you'll hear and what gets me is that peiople who have quit will try to talk you out of it as well. You'll hear all kinds of bullshit.............and that's exactly what 100% of it is.
Yeah, as soon as you hear the words "I heard..." come out of another student's mouth, tell them to shut the fuck up, because they're probably wrong.
Clueless Joe(Sand hill): May 98 - May 99
Tabless Bitch (Bco 3/75): May 99 - May 01
REMF (11th Regt): May 01 - Feb 04
Leg Team/Squad leader (HHC 1-503, 2ID, OIF): Feb 04 - Dec 05
World's worst webcomic
PocketKings
Ranger

Post by PocketKings »

I remember those rumors as well in 1997. From what I recall, the balckhats did little to dispel them. We had a small group of guys in my class that stuck together and did fine. Last I saw them they were chasing a deuce and a half towards the airfield.
RS 01-00
82d (1-325 AIR) 99-00
101st (2-502d IN) 00-03
ChipOnShoulder

Post by ChipOnShoulder »

I grew up with five guys in New Jersey that were 100% motivated to go in the Rangers due to Somalia, but only two that I know of made it....Me being one of them.

The others failed due the "mind fuck." This is usually administered by Drill Sergeants and Black Hats cause' most of them did not make it or were submarined/quit during the process and feel jaded.

Myself, and a fellow medic named Holcraft were put on a chickenshit barracks clean up detail while the Ranger brief was going on in Aco 507th during tower week. I looked at Holcraft, and asked him what the worst case scenario would be if we took it upon ourselves to drop the brooms and go to the brief.

What was "Captain Airplane" gonna do, fry our asses for being motivated? The answer was: "Fuck no!" We dropped the bullshit detail and went to the brief, then proceeded to RIP. The "Sergeant Airplanes" did not even miss us and we were boozin' that coming weekend with a RIP slot to look foward to.

And.....oh yeah, the guys that I grew up with that came before and after me believed the "Mind Fuck" and wound up with shit that they did not want......For the entire enlistment. "Where there is a will there is a way, and most importantly....a waiver!"

Keep the faith and you will make it; believe the "Mind Fuck" coming from others, or yourself, and you will fail.

Don't do stupid shit! if your gut tells you what you or your Ranger buddies are doing is fucked up, then don't fuckin' do it.

We were told by a Sgt. Hall in RIP that there were three evil, fucked-up things that caused Rangers to get shit canned (RFS'd):

1.) Booze (Cause' its in our psyche to drink all alcoholic beverages)
2.) Wimmin (Cause' its in our psyche to fuck Wimminz)
3.) Privately owned firearms (Cause' Rangers like weapons)

Others include: Check cashin' joints cause' we are always broke(See Above) Crotch rockets cause' we like shit that induces adrenaline. Roids cause' we like to be the strongest. Injuries that turn into our worst nightmares cause' we are egotistical fuckheads that drive on thinking that we are supermen (We are supermen, but then Superman does have weaknesses). Whores cause' we fuckin' stink to high heaven and are ugly as fuck due to hardships.... and we just got back from the check cashin' joint.

You get the picture........Live the creed.....no.....worship the creed and you will be GTG!
MadHatter
Embryo

Thanks Rangers

Post by MadHatter »

Thanks Rangers I appreciate yalls advice. What is the service requirement for going to rip from airborne training anyone know? Like making sure you have two years left after rip or somethin like that? preciate the help thank you Rangers yall rock! Ive been improving my PT scores cant wait to post 'em next week I'm gonna take the test again! Thanks again Rangers thank you for your service!
I will do whatever it takes to complete the mission.
Gnosis
Embryo

Post by Gnosis »

I wish I had read a thread like this while I was in ABN hearing all of the bullshit flow through the Private News Network. Hah.
"Sergeant, I plan to take the skills I learned here and use them to make Cobra Commander pay for his iniquities. AIRBORNE!"
---
Ranger Earthpig's Mentee
Monsoon
Ranger

Re: Volunteer for RIP @ airborne

Post by Monsoon »

MadHatter wrote:Rangers, I read from Ranger cdwdirect that when you are at airborne school, you can volunteer for RIP and they will send you for sure if/when you complete airborne. I didn't find much more on this subject, however, and I would like to know if that has been everyones experience as well.
Yes you can get a RIP contract while here in Airborne. My buddy did it today. All you gotta do is go and see the Ranger Liason, tell him you want a RIP contract, fill out a volunteer form and you should be good to go. As long as they are accepting your MOS, they told our class they weren't accepting 11b's at this time.
HHC 3/75 MTR PLT '08-'11
SNOT '11-'13
A 3/20th SFG(A) '13-'16
RS 03-09

Mentored by BMF175

Return to “About Airborne School”