Got my orders this week

Ground Week, Tower Week, Jump Week.
Stew86
Tadpole

Got my orders this week

Post by Stew86 »

I just got my orders for BAC for 2 August-25 August. I also could have had an Air Assault slot but it ran in with my Airborne date which really sucks. Are there any other Cadets or DEPs that are going to be there at that time? Also, I was told that I should practice running in the mid afternoon when it's really hot, and I'm also working on being able to do atleast 25 pullups, as I can 12 right now. I'm not even worried about failing the runs or anything, I was just wondering would running in the heat actually help me, or is it pointless?
BAC Class 38-06

"He who speaks on his own does so to gain honor for himself, but he who works for the honor is a man of truth; there is nothing false about him."
-John 7:18
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Aclimation is overblown, get into the best base line conditioning that you can.
Airborne units go anywhere at anytime - & perform.

For the humid heat of a late summer GA, just hydrate, hydrate, hydrate.
All day & all night. Better to puke up the water than have your body shut down for the want of it.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Stew86
Tadpole

Post by Stew86 »

Roger. Thanks for the advice Ranger K. Ingraham, I'll continue with my regular PT schedule.
BAC Class 38-06

"He who speaks on his own does so to gain honor for himself, but he who works for the honor is a man of truth; there is nothing false about him."
cdwdirect
Ranger

Post by cdwdirect »

For the PT test to get into Airborne, all they required of us was the ability to hold ONE clean dead-hang pull-up for ten seconds. EASY. Even when I sucked at them I could hold one for 45 seconds.

Rangers have to do six dead-hang for their PT test. Daily at Regiment we do 30, 10 every time we leave the barracks for a meal when we're not focusing on them. My team does ten every time we come back in the barracks, too... so I'm doing about 60 every day. Towards the end of the day, my arms are SMOKED.

It sucks not having a tab. :D
2/75, COCKS

"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -Steve McQueen
Rhino1/75
Ranger

Post by Rhino1/75 »

Do plenty of push-ups LEG, and get ready for the gig pit. Enjoy the 3 most fun weeks the Army has to offer.

Hit it....

one thousand,two thousand,ect,ect........ :D
2nd Plt, Bco, 1/75 Jun88 Thur Oct93
Operation Just Cause
Operation Desert Storm
Class 10-89
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

Hit it....

one thousand,two thousand,ect,ect........
And no you all know where my name comes from.

Or at least you legs will when you finally get to Benning.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

Here's the most difficult part about BAC:

The slow-ass runs where you have to stay exactly an arm's length from the person in front of you. If you have short arms, it's a bitch because you keep kicking the guy in front of you. Make sure you are always an arm's length from the the guy in front of you, no more, no less. Your instructors will gig you on that stupid shit, even when you can run circles around the slow-ass formation all fucking day. I almost failed a run because of that crap. It severly pissed me the fuck off, and from then on, I repeatedly kicked the fucker in front of me.

The chow is pretty good too.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
Stew86
Tadpole

Post by Stew86 »

My friend went and graduated earlier this summer and said that Delta Company ran faster than everyone else. Is this true? The reason that I ask is because he estimated by the weekly rotations that I'll get D Company, which I really want because I hate to run slow. I've been working out and running every day over the summer, so hopefully the physical part will be terribly easy; I guess I'll find out when I get there.
BAC Class 38-06

AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

Stew86 wrote:I guess I'll find out when I get there.
Thats a fact, so be ready for it.
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
Thursday
Tadpole

Re: Got my orders this week

Post by Thursday »

Stew86 wrote:I'm not even worried about failing the runs or anything
I am not a soldier so I can offer no advice of any value, but you may want to keep this thread in mind.

http://www.armyranger.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=20913
Stew86
Tadpole

Post by Stew86 »

Roger that Ranger AbnRgr289. Thursday, thanks for the link. I have read that before, and it is one of the reasons why I am staying motivated and active. I'm trying to mix things up so I don't get bored: playing tennis then running afterwards, swimming, rucking, etc. After listening to my ROTC instructor (MSG) talk about the attitude Cadets had there about how they "deserved to be there", while he had gone there after being in the Army for 14 years, I am very grateful to have this opportunity; I'm not taking it lightly at all, which is why I'm trying to be even overprepared if possible.
BAC Class 38-06

Stew86
Tadpole

Post by Stew86 »

Well, I graduated BAC today with class 38-06. Airborne was a good experience, though it does suck that as a Cadet I won't be jumping again until hopefully Ranger School. Going back into my corner now...
BAC Class 38-06

Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Rhino1/75 wrote:Do plenty of push-ups LEG, and get ready for the gig pit. Enjoy the 3 most fun weeks the Army has to offer.

Hit it....

one thousand,two thousand,ect,ect........ :D
The gig pit...you're dating yourself Paratrooper, they don't do that anymore.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Stew86 wrote:Well, I graduated BAC today with class 38-06. Airborne was a good experience, though it does suck that as a Cadet I won't be jumping again until hopefully Ranger School. Going back into my corner now...
Welcome to the airborne fraternity...well, almost. Got to get to where you're wearing the background oval to be 'airborne'.
For now, being a '5 jump chump' means you passed the first rite of passage.
Quite a few threads here from soon to be & new officers that you might find enlightening. Go root around if you aren't already.
I won't wish you good luck, you're making your own.
Keep looking forward.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Congratulations to you. You've completed one more step in achieving your goals.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group

Return to “About Airborne School”